11 April 2024

Seeker 312

Test

Chapter 312. Mesugaki Succubus And New Skills


After finishing our meal, we returned to our lodging.

In the three-person room, there were three beds.

Feeling exhausted after another day of work, we each dove into our beds.

We lounged around chatting for a while before eventually falling asleep.

We'll depart from this town again for guard duty when we wake up. But for now, let's forget about that and enjoy some relaxing time.

At one point, Kazane left her seat and temporarily left the room.

Left in the room were just me, Yuzuki, and Griff.

I lay face down on the bed, placed Griff by my pillow, and opened up my status.

I don't have any skill points left, so it's just a meaningless indulgence.

"New skills that came out recently... [Area Protection], [Earth Hand], [Holding Back]. Also, I can increase the rank of [MP Up] and [Spear Attack Power Up]."

Upon reaching level 51, the list of my obtainable skills had been updated, and more skills I wanted to acquire had been added.

However, without sufficient skill points, all I can do is ponder about future possibilities.

Increasing my level will give me more skill points.

But as my level increases beyond a certain point, new skills will also become available.

It's a swamp.

It's definitely a swamp, but there's no doubt that raising my level is worth it.

In other words, experience points. Give me plenty of experience points!

Regarding the new skills that appeared on the list, [Area Protection] is somewhat understandable, but the issue lies with the other two.

Is [Earth Hand] some immobilization magic?

It seems like hands will sprout from the ground, but I won't know the details until I acquire them.

I have even less of an idea about [Holding Back].

A skill to reduce damage? What's the point?

However, I've been thinking that if I have spare skill points, it might be worth acquiring them.

It's because when facing human Awakened One, I feel a little scared that if I use [Triple Thrust] with the Divine Spear, even level 25 opponents might not just get rendered unconscious but could potentially die until their life gets snuffed out.

Considering that the maximum HP of a level 25 Awakened One is often around 150 if I were to strike them with 300 points instantly, their HP would drop below zero, and they would die instantly.

However, with ordinary attacks, there's a high possibility they won't get defeated in one blow.

It's like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Well, if it's for damage control, I could also acquire [Double Thrust].

Its MP consumption should be less than [Triple Thrust].

According to the original world's database, I believe [Double Thrust] consumed 4 MP.

Since [Triple Thrust] consumes 8 MP, it's half, but... anyway.

Since coming to this parallel world, or even before that, we have mercilessly harvested the existence of monsters without hesitation.

I don't feel guilty about it.

Whether it's because of the psychological effects of becoming a Seeker or the idea that monsters aren't living beings, I don't know.

But when it comes to facing human Awakeners, it's a different story.

Despite being deeply immersed in a world of violence, I don't want to become a murderer if I can help it.

So far, I haven't directly stained my hands with it. I think.

It's still frightening to think about.

But how long can I keep saying such naive things?

If it becomes necessary to protect Kazane and Yuzuki, I tell myself I should discard such naivety at any time.

Even the warriors of this town who aimed to capture us might have loved ones like spouses and children.

When they aimed their blades at us, it was only natural to prepare for the exchange of lives regardless of such considerations.

Oh, stop it, stop it!

Thinking about such things won't solve anything.

As long as it's permissible, I'll continue to be naive.

But don't get the priorities wrong. That's all.

"Senpai. You're making a serious face again, aren't you?"

At that moment, Yuzuki came and piled on top of me.

She snuggled up to me as I lay face down on the bed.

Yuzuki wrapped her arms around my neck, her breath blowing against my ear.

There was a soft sensation against my back.

"Hey, Kouhai, what are you doing? Is it okay to attack me?"

"G-Geez, Senpai, you're so prickly. No, you should be a cuter wolf, Senpai. Woof woof ♡"

"Stop with the ambiguous statements. If you keep saying things like that, I might interpret them favorably."

"N-No, I mean, Senpai, please calm down a bit."

Yuzuki hurriedly adjusted her posture and sat on my waist.

But even after adjusting her posture, she's still a troublesome succubus.

But I don't know when Kazane will come back, and since she seems to be indicating 'no'. It's a bit too inconsistent, isn't it?

Let's change the topic, right?

"Yuzuki. You also reached level 51, right? How was the list of obtainable skills?"

I asked her while maintaining the posture of being straddled by my kouhai.

Yuzuki said, "Oh yeah, about that." and then reverted to her overlapping posture with me to show me her status.

Why does she have to get so close every time?

Is she testing my sanity? It feels like she's inviting me.

Leaving that aside.

I tried to divert my attention from my junior's softness and warmth and focused on Yuzuki's status.


Yuzuki Hotaru

Level: 51 (+6)

Experience Points: 1814651/1927788

HP: 324/324 (+68)

MP: 720/720 (+144)

Strength: 30 (+3)

Endurance: 36 (+4)

Agility: 42 (+4)

Magic Power: 80 (+8)

-Skills -

[Fire Bolt]

[MP Up (Magic Power x 9)] (Rank up!)

[HP Up (Endurance x 9)] (Rank up!)

[Magic Power Up (+20)] (Rank up! x2)

[Burn Blaze]

[Monster Appraisal]

[Fire Weapon]

[Treasure Chest Drop Rate x2]

[Item Box]

[Flame Lance]

[Item Appraisal]

[Explosion]

[Bow Attack Power Up (+16)] (Rank up!)

[Triple Fire]

[Resurrection] (new!)

Remaining Skill Points: 0

Comparing the values to when she was in the underwater city, that's fine, but?

"Hmm...? What's this, [Resurrection]?"

"Hehe, it seems like you've noticed, Senpai."

I could hear the delighted voice of my junior as she made a smug expression.

I suddenly realized and changed my posture on the bed, rolling over to the side.

Yuzuki, who had been on top of me, said, "Ah!" and rolled over on the bed.

I continued to press her down on the bed, turning the tables.

The scene was set with me looming over Yuzuki, who was lying on her back on my bed as if I had pushed her down.

"S-Senpai...? Are you serious...?"

"So, what does this [Resurrection] do?"

"Uh, well... does this posture have anything to do with it?"

"You wanted to boast about your skill, right? Tell me about the skill's effects."

"W-Well, um... even if HP drops below zero and you become incapacitated in battle, you can be resurrected immediately with this magic. But if you're dead, it's impossible. And it also restores some HP. It can be used as a regular healing magic, but the MP cost is insanely high. It's 40..."

"Hmm. That's certainly heavy. If I were to use it eight times, I'd run out of MP. But with your MP, it might be usable, right?"

"That's true, but... Umm, by the way, Senpai, about this posture..."

Yuzuki squirmed and tried to escape from under me.

But I didn't allow it.

I grabbed both of her wrists and pinned them down, using my weight to hold her down.

Yuzuki's face turned red, and she seemed flustered.

But as I leaned in closer, she seemed to have made up her mind, her eyes moistened as if to accept it...

"I'm back~. Oh, sorry, was I interrupting something?"

""Ah...""

The sound of the door opening and the voice of my beloved girlfriend.

Feeling awkward, I released Yuzuki from under me.

Yuzuki, on the other hand, straightened her disheveled clothes and posture, muttering to herself.

"Senpai can sometimes turn into a ferocious wolf, so you shouldn't underestimate him... I almost got eaten for real..."

"Even I can get carried away once the switch gets flipped... I've always said this, but don't tempt me when I'm not in the mood."

"No, um... It's not like I have zero intention. But I just wanted to see how far I could tease Senpai, you know? It's just a game of chicken."

"So, you misjudged where to put the brakes."

"U-Um. Well, at that time, I was thinking, maybe it's okay to fall with Senpai."

Honestly. I wish she wouldn't toy with people so much.

Well, if she's prepared for it when the time comes. It's fine.

"Ugh... How can I imitate the affection between Daichi-kun and Hotaru-chan? I want to do that with Daichi-kun too... I'm so jealous, and envious..."

Kazane seemed troubled by something incomprehensible.

Anyway, amidst such moments, we eventually went to bed for a while.

And then, at night, we met up with Wolf-san, the merchant from the Wolf Fang Tribe, and departed from the oasis city of Radaja.

The destination of the merchant caravan is the far eastern country of Yamatai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test