25 April 2024

Musou Slime 79

Test

79. Each Victory Piled Up


We arrived at the venue. After a while of waiting, the declaration for the start of the match was made.

"Now, let's begin the first match of the second round! First, Entry Number 2! Team Bruno Armory!"

The entrance of the players was announced. Coming up was the dual-wielding man who had defeated the giant earlier.

From the upset in the first round, the man received thunderous applause from the audience. He calmly took the stage without batting an eye.

"Next, Entry Number 3! Team Dantzel Armory!"

Next, I entered. Irina wasn't by my side, so I was alone.

Instantly, the venue buzzed.

[Isn't he the one who fought with kicks? Why is he alone now?]

[His partner, the blacksmith, couldn't make decent weapons, so he probably ran away in embarrassment. How pathetic!]

[Moreover, he didn't even bring a broken sword! He's given up already.]

The spectators, who had been cheering enthusiastically until just now, began speculating as soon as they saw me.

Much worse than in the first round. Well, that's understandable, since Irina isn't here and I've lost my weapon too.

"Um, please have the two players come up on stage!"

Amidst the confusion, I stepped onto the stage.

"Are you kidding me?"

At that moment, I heard the deep voice of my opponent. He was glaring at me intensely.

I heard this man's voice for the first time. Although I've faced many fearsome adventurers before, his voice stirs up a particular fear.

"I saw you in the first round. Since then, my blood has been boiling for you!"

The man pointed at me sharply and shouted.

"First, you participate with a broken sword, and now barehanded!? Stop insulting me!"

As the host tried to intervene, he stopped abruptly. Understandable. The man was emitting an extraordinary killing intent.

"We, as family, and brothers! We're putting everything on the line for this tournament! My father raised me as an adventurer for this tournament, and made my brother the finest blacksmith!"

And then, he pointed the tip of a sword at me.

"This tournament is a competition for artisans' souls! I feel disgusted seeing someone like you joking around!!"

Understandably, the man is angry. After all, I'm participating in the tournament barehanded.

But what he's saying is partially wrong.

"I'm prepared in my own way to participate. Irena is the same."

"What!?"

When I retort, the man's face turns even redder. He stares down the host and urges the start of the match.

"Well, then, let's start the first match of the second round!"

The man wields two swords and gazes at me. He's fully prepared for battle.

"Ladies and gentlemen, go!"

As soon as the host declares, the man rushes forward with a shout. He's almost frenzied.

"This is the culmination of our efforts!!"

Swift swordplay. Two swords come down towards my shoulders at once.

Determination is evident on the man's face. He must have trained for years for this one strike.

But Irena has done the same.

"Ugh!"

I punch him in the abdomen. As the two swords slip from his hand and clang onto the stage, the man falls over.

"Th-the winner! Team Dantzel Armory!"

With the host's declaration, I walk towards the gate.

"Another one-hit victory... Is something strange?"

"He's strong, huh? That's not the point of this tournament."

The audience's suspicions only grow stronger.

As I pass through the gate to exit, I see a man leaning against the wall.

Short blue hair. Sharp eyes like a wolf. When that person sees me, he lazily approaches.

"Barry..."

"Oi, punk. Why are you winning again?"

Barry said to me with resentment. For some reason, he seems unusually irritated.

"Usually, you'd withdraw, right? Are you crazy? It's a simple calculation if you think about it, right?"

I don't know why Barry is advising me to withdraw. But I already decided on my answer.

"I won't. I've decided to win with Irina."

"Believing in someone who makes swords that break easily? There's no value in trusting someone like that."

"Even so, I believe."

I say just that and leave the scene for a break.

Barry's tongue click echoed behind me. I continued walking silently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test