12 April 2024

Musou Slime 71

Test

71. Forest Date


When I stepped out from Ilza's house, the pleasant breeze blew around again.

"Hmm, the air tastes so good!"

Sierra stretched widely, then yawned, catching my gaze and quickly covering her mouth.

It was a rare sight. Sierra-san, who usually works hard, is so relaxed like this.

"What should I say... Sierra-san, you yawn and stuff?"

"Is that so surprising? What's your impression of me, Ar-kun?"

Sierra-san said in dissatisfaction, but it was really surprising. She's always been an ideal figure to me, always perfect at her job.

"I'm not that perfect. I need breaks from work sometimes, like this."

"That's surprising too. I imagined you reading or exercising."

"I'm not that serious. I laze around and eat sweets at cafes."

Sierra-san lazing around at home. I can't imagine it at all.

She watches the children running around the town, smiling gently. I always find myself captivated by her soft smile.

Why is someone with such a gentle smile treating Ilza like an enemy?

"Sierra-san, can't you make peace with Ilza a bit more...?"

"Ar-kun, don't be soft! You're too kind to girls!"

"I don't think that's true."

"It is! You're getting too friendly with girls without realizing it, and I'm worried!"

Indeed, there are more girls around me lately. But I'm not following them because I'm getting deceived.

But if it's causing her worry, then I feel bad.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. I want to become a man you can trust more."

Sierra-san stared at me intently. Then, for some reason, she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Sorry, sorry, Ar-kun, you're not at fault. I'm just saying things on my own."

After laughing for a while, Sierra-san took a breath and looked at me again.

"Yeah. I'm looking forward to it, Ar-kun. When you protected me earlier, you looked really cool. I'll keep supporting you from now on."

A breeze blew through the forest. The rustling of the trees lifted Sierra-san's long hair gently.

The sunlight filtering through the trees illuminates Sierra-san's slightly wrinkled smile.

I was captivated by her gestures like that.

"Shall we go back now? Thanks for today."

"...Yes, thank you for today."

I casually summoned a Warp Slime for the journey back, but my heart was still pounding.

Today was really good. Being able to come to the forest with Sierra-san.

"Wow! We can instantly return to town!"

Sierra-san, experiencing a Warp Slime for the first time, seemed to enjoy it. She walked a little ahead of me, stretching.

"Well, I'm a bit tired, but it was fulfilling!"

"Yeah, I was able to register the village as a destination for the Warp Slime..."

Oh. Did we originally go to the forest to go to the village of the forest people?

"Ah!"

No! The reason we went to the forest was to gather medicinal herbs for Irena!

"What should we do? Should we warp again and search for the herbs...?"

"Just go. Having the herbs might be good, but being there for her might be more helpful."

Sierra-san urged me to go to Irena's place. I nodded immediately.

"Sorry, Sierra-san! I'll be back!"

"Yeah. See you at the guild then!"

Sierra-san waved goodbye as I left.

"...So, the monk came back empty-handed in the end?"

"That's right, yes."

When I explained the situation upon arriving at the shop, Dancel laughed heartily.

"Don't worry, if it's Irena, there won't be any problem. Besides, it's about time..."

As Dancel was about to say something, the door in the back swung open vigorously, and Irena came out with great force.

"Irena! Are you okay?"

"Yo, Arx. Perfect timing! It's done! The sword is finished!"

Irena lifted the sword she had been holding with great force, showcasing its presence.

A sword was held in both her hands. Its shape was the same as before, but it emitted a different aura.

Irena finally did it!

"That's amazing, Irena! You can enter the tournament with this!"

"Of course! I'm going to submit the sword now! Wait for meeeee!!"

Irena ran like a boar, bursting through the door and out.

Dancel and I exchanged glances, confirming our earlier conversation with our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test