15 April 2024

Introverted Archer 73

Test

73. Rational Prison!


"Squeeee!!"

The eyeball monster, having missed its attack, promptly began to gather strength again.

"Sorry, but I'm not into fair fights!"

I unleashed a time-stop shot at the monster's eye and staggered it.

Seeing the opening, I released an Anchor Arrow this time. As the arrow pierced where the monster couldn't see. I immediately teleported.

"Now, what to do next..."

The problem was getting here because of that trap, but now that didn't matter.

The problem was what to do from here.

I opened the pouch zipper and reached inside. Finding what I was looking for, I pulled it out.

"Good, looks like nothing's missing."

What I held was the escape item, Flight Rabbit's Wing. It looked like a bird's feather, but it was a genuine item dropped by the monster known as Flight Rabbit.

With this, after a cooldown, I could return to the surface. At least I got my basic safety. I had two options from here.

One was to use this item now and return to the surface, the safest option. Despite the disappointment of uncertainty this time, it would be a plan to try again later.

Objectively, I should take this option. It's dangerous to wander around not knowing how many layers deep I am.

But while I thought that, I also thought of something else.

That was the other option: to escape on my own.

I didn't know how many layers deep this was. Plus, it was a hard mode where even <Stealth> didn't work. But that's why it was worth trying.

Plus - there was that plan I came up with during the sports festival, the one I've always wanted to try...

"Squiiieeee!!"

Oops, they've already caught wind of me. In addition to their strength, they're persistent. Adventurers would be caught no matter how much they tried to escape.

"But you made a miscalculation. I didn't run away."

The eyeball monster stopped moving. It saw my five arrows heading towards the walls.

These five arrows seemed to have missed their target. However, this was my strategy.

"<Bounce>!"

The moment the arrows hit the wall. Just like hitting a baseball against a wall, the arrows bounced and changed direction.

This was the effect of the skill <Bounce> I recently acquired. It caused arrows to bounce off surfaces when they hit them!

This effect was particularly effective in narrow dungeons. The bouncing arrows changed trajectory, hitting the walls again and changing course once more. Thus -

"You're trapped in the arrow prison. I call it, <Prison Arrow>."

Unable to follow the movement of the arrows, the eyeball monster was bewildered. The next moment, arrows pierced its body.

The monster staggered for a moment, but one hit wasn't enough to bring it down. However, the second and third arrows struck the monster.

"It's not over after just one hit. Once it pierces through with the <Penetration> effect, it'll bounce back again. So you're doomed."

The monster endured repeated attacks, slowly closing its eyelids and succumbing to death.

For now, I've defeated the enemy in front of me.

But it seems there are still monsters within detection range. There's a possibility that <Stealth> won't work on other monsters, and if I'm going to escape on my own, I want to sweep them away too.

"Alright, let's add more arrows! Prison Arrow!"

This time, I shoot arrows to spread throughout the floor. The arrows quickly spread throughout the floor, piercing the bodies of the monsters.

If it's close combat, it's hard to tell, but from a distance, I have the advantage. Within a minute, all the monsters on the floor had perished.

"It was easier than I thought. I could just go down from here, but... I guess I should return."

Unexpected troubles didn't amount to much, I thought as I walked towards the stairs.

But, just how many layers deep is this place?

I was in that trap for only a few seconds. I haven't fallen as deep as I thought. Maybe I'm still on the 24th or 25th floor.

"I worried for nothing..."

Muttering that, at the moment I finished climbing the stairs.

"!!"

I felt a shiver run down my spine and stopped in my tracks.

I knew where this was. It's not a hunch or anything.

On the floor above, the floor boss is there. An unbelievable presence is waiting!

No mistake. This aura... it's stronger than any enemy I've faced before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test