14 April 2024

General 41

Test

Chapter 41. The Night Before The Test 'Go To Bed Early' Is Just An Idealist's Nonsense, Right?


"Well then, according to Yuu-kun's work schedule, a 5-day vacation from Wednesday to Sunday this week seems good, doesn't it?"

"Yeah. That schedule works for me."

While glaring at the desk calendar on the dining table and comparing it with my schedule, Mina decides on the travel dates.

"Since it's during summer vacation and a good lineup of holidays, the accommodation and flight costs might be a bit high."

Mina frowns while checking the travel site on her smartphone.

"I'll cover the extra expenses that might come up."

"Huh, but as your senpai, I should be the one covering more..."

"In the military, superiors usually chip in more, regardless of age."

"But you used to say that rank doesn't matter in private matters..."

"Men want to show off sometimes. Just let me handle this, Mina."

"I like how you, a younger guy, assertively take on responsibility."

Mina says confidently because I'll cover extra travel expenses.

It's no big deal to contribute more to cover travel expenses, considering she's adjusting the schedule to fit mine.

"I bought a lot of Okinawa travel guidebooks. Let's take a look."

"It's surprising how different places and menus are listed in each book. Oh, this diner here has a variety of menus and looks delicious."

"That place is near the airport, so it seems good to go there on the first day. Then, maybe the aquarium on the second day."

"I also want to eat steak."

"Yuu-kun, you've been talking about food non-stop."

Planning the trip while looking at guidebooks and discussing options is also part of the fun.

Mina and I completely forget about studying for the test and spend the night researching Okinawa's tourist attractions, fashionable spots, and gourmet spots with guidebooks and smartphones.

◇◇◇◆◇◇◇

"Hmm hmm hmm~"

"You seem to be in a good mood, Kohou-senpai. Did something good happen?"

Seeing Mina happily humming while eating the daily special in the school cafeteria, Kotomi asks suspiciously.

Today, during lunch break at the school cafeteria, we gathered with the usual Soul Armor Research Club members, plus a few extras.

Since we couldn't gather in the club room during the test period, we decided to gather here without any specific reason.

"Hmm? Why do you think so~?"

Smiling smugly, Mina turns the question back to Kotomi.

"Um? Is it because your studying is going well?"

"Well, I guess normal high school students would think like that~ But it can't be helped, right?"

"Sigh... So, why are you in such a good mood, Koha-senpai?"

"That's a secret~♪"

Annoyed by Meena's attitude, Kotoemi looks at me as if asking if I know what's going on. But right now, I'm not paying attention to that.

"So, Kohou, are you okay with the classical literature test?"

"If it's okay, you haven't been cramming until lunchtime!"

"I suppose so."

I solve classical literature problems while eating lunch.

Damn it, Suo-senpai, you knew and still asked, damn it!

"If you've been following the study plan I set up, there shouldn't be any problems, right?"

"Suo-senpai... The goddess of the battlefield often dislikes plans made in advance. They tend to change on a whim."

"You simply skipped studying."

"That's correct..."

Stop hitting me with your logical arguments.

Because I spent time preparing for the Okinawa trip with Mina every day. The previous study plan fell apart.

But isn't it true that most people forget the plans and goals they made before summer vacation even starts?

"Are you okay, Yuu?"

Kotomi looks at me with a worried expression.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Since the classical literature test is tomorrow, if I cram all night, I should be able to manage..."

"Can you really say that?"

"Staying up all night before an exam isn't recommended."

With an even more worried expression, Kotomi peers at me, while Suo-senpai talks about idealism.

It might be true for the two honor students.

As for soul armament abilities, I might be just an ordinary person when it comes to studying.

I wonder if there's a Soul Armor ability where everything stays in your head after reading a textbook just once.

[There's no such ability, so please give up and study, Master.]

A merciless verdict comes from Kon.

When people are cornered, they tend to cling to convenient magic for a miraculous turnaround, but reality is not so accommodating.

"I have to do my best..."

I regain my focus and start studying the textbook again.

◇◇◇◆◇◇◇

"I think I can manage with this..."

After solving past classical literature exam questions given by Mina and doing a self-assessment, I am filled with a strange sense of satisfaction in my dimly lit room despite being exhausted from staying up all night.

Well, even the self-assessment results barely avoid failing, and I might have avoided this if I had been studying regularly. But for now, I feel a sense of accomplishment.

Since Meena tends to get sidetracked into talking about the Okinawa trip when we're together, I declined to study with her today.

Mina, on the other hand, seems to be staying up late making a travel itinerary until midnight, but she says she's not tired.

"It's almost 4 a.m. Should I take a short nap? Wake up an hour before school and review..."

I must avoid such a cliché mistake as oversleeping on the test day.

The damage caused by a simple mistake is huge.

Counting backward from the time of arrival at school and the last-minute review, I set alarms on my smartphone and, just to be safe, I also set an alarm clock.

"That should do it. Time to sleep."

To prevent myself from falling into a deep sleep, I lie down on the living room sofa instead of the bed and close my eyes.

It was a struggle, but I managed to turn things around somehow.

As consciousness sinks into the swamp of sleep my body relaxes.

"It's an emergency! Major General Kamiya!"

"Huh?"

In a state of half-dreaming, half-awake, I'm forcibly pulled out of the dream swamp by a sudden consciousness.

"H-Hayami-san?"

There's someone in my house who shouldn't be here, and I'm so surprised that my heart jumps.

At the same time, there's a problem with her appearance.

"I'm sorry. I ended up yelling even though you're supposed to be resting."

"Yeah, yeah... Anyway, could you put this on for me?"

I handed her the jacket of the tracksuit that was hanging on the dining table chair while covering my eyes with one hand.

Subaru-san must have flown to me immediately after receiving the emergency call.

She was in a negligee camisole dress.

"Ah... I'm sorry. I was in a hurry and forgot to put on my nightgown, so I came to you, Major General, without wearing it..."

"Make sure to zip up the jacket properly."

Embarrassed, Hayami-san puts on the jacket, but since her camisole dress has a large opening at the chest, I order her to properly zip up the jacket with my authority as a general.

If Hayami-san were to come at me with such an adult and beautiful approach, I, being a healthy boy, might not be able to resist.

I can't help but feel sorry that this person has a troublesome fetish for baby play.

"I'll head to the Joint Headquarters immediately."

"...Okay, got it. Let's go."

While glancing at the classical literature textbook and texts on the dining table, I switch my focus to the emergency call message on my smartphone, then quickly switch gears and head to the Joint Headquarters with Hayami-san.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test