25 March 2024

Sure-Hit Archer 118

Test

Epilogue


"Finally, we're outside..."

About two hours after defeating the Mithril Golem, we were finally able to exit the dungeon with Dine.

The Mithril Golem was an incredibly tough enemy,

but we have something to show for it.

The arms and legs that shattered during our battle with the Mithril Golem,

along with the Mithril Golem's body excluding the magic stone that served as its core,

we collected all of it.

If I were to sell all this Mithril, I could live a carefree life for the rest of my days.

That's assuming I had connections to sell this much Mithril, though!

It amounts to a considerable quantity considering the massive size of the Mithril Golem, about 10 meters tall,

including the broken limbs.

But if I were to try to sell it all, questions about its origin and such would inevitably arise, making it difficult to sell it legitimately.

Plus, the fact that this Mithril is already refined is a problem.

Mithril is usually refined from mined Mithril ore.

Then, from that refined Mithril, weapons, and armor can be crafted.

Yet this Mithril from the Mithril Golem is already refined. Yeah, selling it is definitely impossible!

Maybe if I find a way to have it refined and then sell it, using some excuse.

But there are limited places where Mithril, a rare ore, can be refined.

Most of those places are government facilities. If they investigate, I'll get busted immediately.

Taking on that kind of risk is just not worth it.

Well, I guess there's no helping it.

Compared to the fact that Dine was here with this much Mithril. It's a minor issue.

Anyway, plans? I've decided on something for now, so it's time to move on.

The stares from the two security guards watching me are starting to get uncomfortable.

***

"This should be fine, right?"

I said that, distancing myself from the security guards, returned to the hotel, entered my room, and sat on the provided bed.

I'm not doing anything wrong, but being watched by guards for so long feels like I am.

It's also just uncomfortable in general.

"Well then... you two, it's okay to come out now."

Saying that, Silphy and Dine popped out from my inner pocket.

"Good work, Kaede!"

"Thank you, Kaede-sama... by the way, where is this exactly?"

"Oh, it's a hotel. Let's talk about various things here for now."

"Yes... but what should we start with?"

"Well, there are many things I want to ask..."

I wonder where I should start.

As I'm thinking, Silphy raises her hand and says,

"Oh, then I want to know if Dine remembers about the opponent from that battle."

"That battle... oh, you mean the one Silphy said she couldn't remember due to her memories being fuzzy?"

"Yes, that one. Even if I don't remember, I thought Dine might."

"I see... so, how about it, Dine-san?"

"Well... let me think about it..."

As I ask, Dine rests her chin on her fingers, looking like she's deep in thought.

After a moment, she gathers her thoughts and begins to speak.

"...I'm sorry. I was supposed to be on the front lines as a support role, but..."

"Don't remember...?"

"Yes..."

Huh? Really?

I've been thinking this since Silphy mentioned it, but these opponents they fought seem really dangerous.

Just from what's known now:

Silphy and similar high-level spirits who use incredible magic lost in battle.

There's a possibility of memory manipulation. At the very least, they can make you forget memories.

They can trap beings like Silphy in crystal-like structures and continuously drain their magic power. That's what humans would call MP.

Right?

Just this much tells me that the opponents Silphy fought are incredibly formidable.

And if I equate Silphy's level to numbers, she's probably at least level 10,000 to 12,000, if not more.

And beyond that, I can't even guess.

At this point, my level is in the 5000s.

Silphy's level is just an estimate.

To think that there are beings who can defeat Silphy and her allies.

I'll definitely have to level up more from now on.

Of course, I need to continue searching for Silphy's companions.

And what about the transformed beings like Tadokoro, the demon that took over Rina's body? Is there any connection with them?

But those beings seemed to be of a strength level I could handle.

It's safe to assume they're different from the opponents Silphy fought, right?

There's no confirmation, so I'll observe Silphy and the others a bit more before jumping to conclusions.

"I see... Well, that can't be helped."

"I'm sorry. From now on, like Silphy, I will assist Kaede-sama. Of course, it's to repay the favor, but as Silphy's comrade, I will support Kaede-sama too."

"I see... well, I appreciate it, Dine. Let's work together from now on."

"Hehe... yes!"

At my words, Dine smiles brightly.

Her smile is infectious, and I almost start to laugh when...

"Don't leave me out, Kaede and Dine~"

Silphy's slightly displeased voice reaches us, and we look at each other and share a laugh.

From now on, we'll search for Silphy and Dine's comrades,

get the Gold Qualification to enter higher dungeons,

level up, and gather information about the opponents Silphy faced.

There's a lot to do. It'd be tough. But I'll do my best from now on.

But, it's okay to take it easy for today, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test