11 March 2024

Sure-Hit Archer 117

Test

The Resolution With The Water Spirit


"Hehehehe. I finally made it out, huh?"

About 2 minutes passed since then.

The water in the room had risen to just below my knees when it stopped.

Well, I'm glad it stopped before the room filled up with water, and I didn't drown.

If the water had kept rising at that pace, I probably would have run out of breath in less than an hour.

And then, when the water stopped and the crystal from the chest of the Mithril Golem, which had fallen backward from my back, shattered and came out.

"It's been a while since I've felt the outside air."

It was a cute water-colored spirit with small blue hair and eyes, flapping its lovely wings.

It was about the same size as Silphy, with distinctive features such as wings.

When the Spirit near the Mithril Golem, who had been named Dine by Silphy, saw me, it approached and spoke.

"Did you save me? Thank you for saving me."

The Spirit bowed its head lightly and thanked me.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I could help."

"Yeah, yeah! I'm glad Dine was saved!"

When I said that, Silphy nodded vigorously.

Wait, did Siphy casually call the Spirit by her name? Could they be acquainted?

"Hehe. Thank you for helping Sil too."

"Oh, are you both acquainted?"

The spirit addressed as Dine by Silphy smiled and thanked Silphy, who seemed happy to receive the gratitude.

I asked them a question, and Dine tilted her head.

"Not really acquaintances... more like friends."

"Yeah! Dine and I have been friends since a long time ago! We're friends of the same age, you know!"

Same age? Well, they do look about the same age as Silphy.

But is it plausible that they're of the same age?

Even now, Silphy is being hugged by the spirit named Dine, and her head is being caressed. However, she doesn't look like the same age as Silphy.

On the other hand, the Spirit called Dine seemed quite a bit older—more like an older sister or something.

"...Anyway... It's surprising that a human can see us, but I never thought you'd help me together with Sil. If you don't mind, could you tell me your name?"

"Me? I'm Amamiya Kaede. I'm an explorer who has a little connection with Silphy and explores dungeons together. Nice to meet you."

"Amamiya Kaede... Then I'll call you Kaede-sama. I am Undine, the Water Spirit. Please call me Dine, just like Sil."

"I'm fine with being called by my first name... Well, alright. I'll call you Dine then."

"Yes, please."

Undine smiled and nodded.

Unlike Silphy, Dine gives off a calm and quiet vibe.

She does look more mature than Silphy, and it's probably because they don't seem to be the same age.

So, this spine-chilling sensation is probably just my imagination. It must be.

"Hey, by the way, now that Dine is out, what about that Mithril Golem?"

As I talked to Dine, Silphy remembered something and clapped her hands.

It's been a while since I started talking to Dine.

It wouldn't be strange if the Mithril Golem started moving.

But, talking so leisurely with Dine like this—

"Well, I don't know what to do... it seems helpless."

In my field of vision, the Mithril Golem is desperately trying to get up from the fallen position, flailing its four arms and legs.

Probably, due to the 4 arms that had troubled me earlier, its balance is not quite right.

There were times when it seemed like it could get up, but each time it fell again.

"As I got captured, I'd like to defeat it myself, but as a Water Spirit, I'm not good at attacking. Besides, my magic was getting drained, so I can't defeat it in my current state."

"...Well, it seemed like it couldn't move, so I left it alone, but it looks like it's about to get up..."

Let's end the information gathering around here and defeat that Mithril Golem.

I'll ask Dine, who seems to be a friend of Silphy, for more details later when things calm down.

"Well, Dine seems unable to defeat it... Should Silphy do it?"

I already know the answer, but I'll ask Silphy what she wants to do.

"Hmm~... Kaede, please!"

"...Sigh. Well, I figured as much."

It's not a big deal, but...

Since I saved Dine, I can directly target the core, and since it's fallen and not moving, it's just a sitting duck from my perspective.

"Well then, Silphy, stay with Dine... [Weakness Lock]"

After separating from Silphy and Dine, I activate [Weakness Lock] again.

Then, just like the first time I used it on the Mithril Golem, the joints of the knees and arms, and the core around the chest glow red.

Of course, Dine isn't glowing red since she's being helped.

The core is completely exposed.

"All right. Let's finish this. [Magic Arrow - Full Burst]!"

Aiming for the core of the Mithril Golem, which is flailing its four arms and legs trying to get up, I pull the string of Dragon Tree Bow, aligning the aim with the red light of the core.

Then, using almost all of the remaining MP, I shoot the arrow straight up towards the ceiling, shifting the aim vertically to the top of the ceiling.

The transparent arrow flies straight, approaching the ceiling before curving—

Furthermore, the transparent arrows split one after another, flying towards the Mithril Golem.

Naturally, the Mithril Golem can't see the transparent arrows, and it can't even react to the leading arrow.

There was no response to the presence of [Magic Arrow], the only concern being whether it could sense it.

In any case, the outcome was already clear.

"Crush...!"

As I muttered that, the first [Magic Arrow] hit the Mithril Golem's chest, guarding the Mithril chest, directly hitting the core.

Then, starting with that shot, the split [Magic Arrow] continued to hit the core one after another.

However, the Mithril Golem didn't take it lying down.

It tried to defend against the [Magic Arrow] by crossing the four arms it had used to get up, protecting its chest.

Now it will be a battle of my nearly depleted MP [Magic Arrow - Full Burst] against the Mithril Golem.

But...

"You're too naive!"

Do it really think they can defend against it so easily?

If so, it's underestimating me.

No, I don't know if the Mithril Golem is thinking that way.

In the first place, when I shot it earlier, I aimed at its knee with [Magic Arrow - Full Burst], using up to 4500 MP.

And I increased the skill level of [MP Up] yesterday, so my total MP exceeds 35,000.

I'm using most of that MP for this [Magic Arrow - Full Burst]!

"Don't think you can easily defend against this!!!"

By defending, the [Magic Arrow - Full Burst] I shot was able to shave off the first arm.

At the same time, the split transparent arrows hit the second arm.

The Mithril Golem tried to guard the second arm by raising it, just like the first arm, but it got destroyed.

Then, the 3d and 4th arms similarly got destroyed.

In a last-ditch effort, the Mithril Golem began to roll over with its whole body.

However, that was within expectations.

It can't escape from my [Weakness Lock] with just that level of movement.

The split [Magic Arrow] following the rolling Mithril Golem can be avoided, but it's the same as when I shot at the ceiling.

Following the rolling Mithril Golem, the [Magic Arrow - Full Burst] heads towards the floor before hitting it. Before reaching the floor, it heads towards the exposed core of the Mithril Golem.

The Mithril Golem, with its high regenerative ability, can no longer keep up with regeneration.

Little by little, as I keep shooting, the split transparent arrows crush the chest of the Mithril Golem.

And...

"This is... the end...! Shatter!"

The moment I shouted that all the [Magic Arrow] exploded in the chest of the Mithril Golem, breaking the armor that protected the core and exposing the core.

And, the remaining [Magic Arrow] mercilessly assault the exposed core.

That final blow became the finishing blow.

The core of the Mithril Golem shattered into pieces with the [Magic Arrows], and its debris sparkled.

At the same time, the Mithril Golem's legs, which were moving until now, stopped completely, and the arms that were regenerating fell to the floor with a thud as if the power had gone out.

As a result, the water that had accumulated in the room splashed, and water droplets hit me.

But at this point, such things don't matter anymore. It's over, right?

-Level increased by 85-

At the same time as the announcement of my level increase, as if to inform that the Mithril Golem had completely exhausted its power, a message appears.

"Ooh, it's over~~~!!!"

Finally, it fell.

Seriously. I was worried for a moment there, but I'm glad we managed to defeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test