16 March 2024

Shop 58

Test

Chapter 58. Lucky Pervert In The Wilderness


10,000 Cassava Plants (3 million yen)

850,000 Corn Seeds (1,972,000 yen)

The amount of money received by Cherina and laid out in cherina was quite spectacular. 

The seeds didn't take up much space since they moved them to large hemp sacks, but 10,000 branches were quite a lot. 

It was still much less compared to potatoes, though.

This plant called cassava is an incredible cheat plant. First, it grows in dry areas, acidic soils, or nutrient-poor soils. 

That alone is incredible, but it grows easily - just stick a branch in the ground, and it grows on its own. 

If this isn't a cheat, what is?

In fantasy stories, you often see potatoes mentioned as a cheat for domestic affairs, but cassava is probably the true cheat tuber.

It was a drawback that the skin and core contained toxins, but thanks to SHOP's abilities, even that drawback has been eliminated.

Furthermore, after confirming with Yaralai, he told us that in this region's climate, they would grow significantly in three months and we could harvest it in six months. That's probably due to SHOP's genetic improvements; in reality, it usually takes nearly a year for them to grow.

So, cassava, which was already a cheat tuber, had become a super cheat plant.

Yaralai, who could understand and figure it out just by looking and touching it, was also incredible. Apparently, he asked the spirits. Spirits are convenient. Aren't they?

"Yaralai, can you teach the guild how to grow these tomorrow? I'd feel more at ease if you were the one teaching."

"Understood."

Yaralai nodded lightly.

"Thank you, Yaralai-sama. We must think of some way to thank both you and Hagg-sama."

"I would appreciate rare metals or fine liquor."

"I've conquered the wilderness. That's enough for me."

"Then for Hagg-sama, some liquor... as for metals, we'll have to search the warehouse. For Yaralai-sama, we'll prepare a thoughtful gift."

"Very well."

"However, if everything withers away, the guild might disappear too."

She chuckled. I don't think it's a laughing matter.

"Hey, I know I asked for this, but was it really a good idea?"

Now that I think about it, besides securing fertilizer. Money is also needed for land and water. It might turn into a business worth billions in Japanese yen.

"Of course. Perhaps we've been too conservative. If we can produce a large amount of food here, even if the country remains like this, it may prosper again. Ultimately, it's the same as the guild's development. Now is the time to take risks."

Cherina's crimson eyes burned with determination.

"Shouldn't you consult with your father?"

"My father is scheduled to return soon, but this journey is quite long, so there will definitely be scheduling conflicts. If we wait for my father, Akira-sama might leave before he returns, and above all, during my father's absence, I am entrusted with all operations."

"I see..."

Seeing Cherina's determination, I didn't say anything else and took out a cigarette.

"Oh right, what about lighters?"

"Well, the experiments are already done, so can I distribute them here?"

"Sure, but do you really intend to buy 10,000? That's ten million yen, you know?"

"Money upfront is not a problem. As for lighters, it's a 100% profit."

"Are you sure... you won't go bankrupt if they don't sell?"

"I'll break even in two months."

Cherina smiled confidently. Yeah, she seems capable of handling it.

A young boy who brought a large amount of gold coins at Cherina's request looked wide-eyed inside the warehouse. When Cherina put her finger to her lips, the boy blushed and nodded vigorously.

My remaining fund is 9,909,949 yen.


[Divinity Level has increased to 8]

[Container capacity has increased to 45]


Oh, it went up. Although only by 1. It's good because the container capacity was getting tight due to cooking pots.

But suddenly becoming wealthy... 

Cherina's Valiero Company is terrifying. I'm starting to understand what Narnia was talking about.

If I earned this much in Japan, I would've quit my job immediately.

"Alright, let's do it. Bring out the promised 100-yen lighters."

I took out approximately 10,000 lighters, which, despite the number, only filled about 2-3 large cardboard boxes.

"No smoking inside."

We went outside the warehouse to light our cigarettes. Hagg and Yaralai also started smoking. 

Cherina's gaze seemed envious, but maybe it was just my imagination.

"In my hometown, they say it's bad for your health. So it's better not to smoke."

I reminded Cherina firmly. It's better not to start.

"Is that so? For us, it's considered medicine."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes."

Things are different depending on where you are. I heard that even on Earth, cigarettes were considered medicinal in the past. Coffee also got treated as medicine, so they're somewhat similar.

"Do you know it's poison and still smoke?"

"Well, honestly, I don't really see it as poison. I just can't relax without smoking. The biggest downside, in my opinion, is the smell. Non-smokers are sensitive to the smell of cigarettes. Back in my region, we were very cautious about that."

But since coming here, I've been more casual about it!

"I don't mind; many travelers smoke."

"Is that so? It's quite expensive here, isn't it?"

"Yes. It may add prestige as a merchant."

"I see."

Being able to smoke expensive cigarettes shows that I'm a skilled merchant.

"Only humans think that way."

Hagg exhaled smoke through his pipe.

"Yeah, people put too much emphasis on meaningless things."

"I can't deny that. It's about time for dinner. Let's go to the dining hall."

"Oh! Akira! Hurry!"

"...Wait until we finish smoking."

It's expensive, you know.

After finishing the smoke, we headed to the dining hall, urged on by Hagg.

――――

Dinner featured dishes inspired by the previous day's cooking, all were masterpieces by Head Chef Hugo.

The menu was diverse, but a particular focus was placed on seabream shabu-shabu and fried dishes. 

Although the seasoning styles were different, each dish was delicious, and I returned to the inn satisfied with the meal.

Later, I complained to Narnia, who grumbled:

"So, the boys get to eat delicious food... like that crispy sashimi and takoyaki... Ugh, I'm just a useless inn's poster girl... Mmph! Nngh!"

I tossed two different flavored candies into her mouth to shut her up. Different flavors at once! Hahaha! Diabolical, isn't it? Wait, didn't she almost call herself a beautiful girl? Oh well, Narnia the little girl...

My remaining fund is 9,909,933 yen.

I kicked the little girl out of the room and stripped off all my clothes. Not for any perverted reason, mind you, but to use the Aerial Tool [Cleansing] to do the laundry.

However, this laundry doesn’t involve water or detergent but rather a magical technique called [Cleansing]. By activating [Cleansing], the clothes emit a faint glow as they rid themselves of the day's sweat and dirt, turning them into sand.

Finally, brushing off the sand completes the 'washing'. Strangely, the sand just brushes off and doesn't remain on the floor, as Narnia, the inn's employee, will sweep it up tomorrow, so there's no need to worry.

I also can use [Cleansing] on my body, but it doesn't feel refreshing. So, I filled a bucket with a blend of water and hot water to get lukewarm water.

My remaining fund is 9,909,930 yen.

Using towels wrung out in warm water, I wiped my entire body.

"I really want to take a bath..."

Wait a minute, by tomorrow, I'll have completed the heat-resistant bricks and charcoal. Plus, despite its color, there's plenty of water in that area.

"...Should I make one?"

That might be a good idea.

As I hummed to myself and wiped away the dirt with the towel when I reached down to clean my lower body...

"Onii-chan! I got some pocket money, so I sold some candi... Uwaaaaah!"

.....

Again.

Narnia jumped in without knocking, and she was now looking directly at my gaping buttocks. Then she screamed and ran out of the room.

I locked the door to my room and apologized to Narnia in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test