12 March 2024

Seeker 302

A

Chapter 302. Mummy Man


"Okay, I'll open it."

While keeping my companions alert towards the coffin, I reached for the door handle.

And then──

"Huh? This side won't open either."

It seemed like the door was locked.

No matter if I pushed or pulled, the door wouldn't budge.

But then──Giiiiiiiiiiii!

From somewhere other than the door, there was a sound of something heavy opening.

"Senpai, the coffins opened! All four of them!"

"Monsters are coming out from inside!"

"Kwaa, Kwaaa!"

Turning towards my companions' voices, indeed, all four coffins had opened, and something resembling monsters emerged from each one.

I see... Trying to open the door triggered this.

The appearance of the monsters can be summed up in one word: "Mummy Men."

Human-like bodies with decaying skin wrapped in bandages.

As they leaped out of the coffins, their eyes collectively gleamed with an eerie red color.

Simultaneously, an invisible force attacked.

It was a terrifying power that bound the body's freedom, a power of fear.

"Ku, ah... pa, paralysis...!?"

The first to be ensnared by this curse was Queen Lulu, who had the lowest level here.

"Tch...! My body won't move as I want it to...!"

"Kwaaa...!"

Though not as pronounced as Princess Lulu, Nasser-san and Griffin also seemed restricted by the curse.

On the other hand──

"──Take this!"

Kazane, Yuzuki, and I were repelling the curse's force that got directed at us.

It seemed to be a magical effect, and perhaps the higher our magical defense, the easier it was to nullify its effects.

Having finished their curse attack through their eyes, the four Mummy Men attacked with unexpectedly quick movements.

"Let's do this! [Triple Thrust]!"

I targeted one of the four attacking Mummy Men, launching a skill attack with my Divine Spear.

Pierced by the lightning-fast triple strikes, the Mummy Man vanished in an instant, transforming into a magic stone.

Considering the pressure they exerted, they weren't weak monsters, but with my Divine Spear's [Triple Thrust], there wasn't an opponent I couldn't instantly defeat.

"Haaaah!"

"If the monsters have a weakness to fire──burn them with [Tri-Fire]!"

It seemed Kazane and Yuzuki were each attacking one of the Mummy Men as well.

While those two were handling their opponents well, the problem was likely the remaining one.

"Darn it, my body feels heavy...! But I won't let you reach Queen Lulu!"

"Kwaaa!"

Nasser-san and Griffin stood in front of one of the Mummy Men, working together to protect Queen Lulu.

It was a strategy to protect her, with Griffin previously instructed and Nasser-san asked to do so.

Although one of them seemed to be slowed by the curse's gaze, the atmosphere suggested they wouldn't lose in a two-on-one situation.

However, I should lend a hand here.

"I'll take care of this! Griffin, step back!"

"Kwaaa!"

Following my command, Griffin stepped away from the Mummy Man.

I then leaped in and launched an attack.

"[Triple Thrust]!"

It's a simple tactic, but it's the most effective attack.

The Mummy Man, struck three times by the Divine Spear, also vanished instantly, turning into a magic stone.

By that time, Kazane and Yumitsuki had defeated their respective targets, and all four Mummy Men were defeated.

As a result, there was a clicking sound from the door.

Defeating the monsters must have unlocked the door's lock mechanism.

"Yay!"

The three of us, Kazane, Yumitsuki, and I exchanged high-fives in celebration.

Griffin also approached, so I patted his head, saying, "Well done."

"Wow..."

"Hey, guys. I've been thinking, but what the heck are you guys? The pressure from those Mummy Men just now, they weren't easy opponents. Yet, you defeated them as easily as zombies or skeletons."

Queen Lulu and Nasser-san showed signs of astonishment.

Well, I should explain to these two.

While treating the two affected by paralysis with [Gaia Heal], I conveyed our levels to them.

"Level 50!? All three of you!?"

Nasser-san and Queen Lulu reacted with wide eyes and surprise.

Thank you for the ideal reaction.

"Having surpassed the limits and reaching level 50... Well, that explains the monstrous strength and cutting through the adventurer's restraints. However, if that's the case, there was also the option for the three of you to help Queen Lulu forcefully reclaim the throne."

"No Nasser, that won't work. Doing it that way would make me a usurper, a thief who stole the throne from the rightful king. We must assert the legitimacy of the throne."

"I see, that's true... But then, I'm still curious about the effects of the Mirror of Truth."

"We have to believe in it. I want to believe that what my father entrusted to me has meaning."

"Although the nation's fate is at stake, we shouldn't let sentimentality interfere──I want to express my reservations. Nevertheless, it's too late now. Since we've come this far, we must obtain the Mirror of Truth and leave this dungeon."

"Yes. ──Everyone, thank you so much. I am truly grateful for the help of unmatched heroes like you."

Queen Lulu bowed her head again.

Internally, I felt nervous, but outwardly, I had to show a composed nod.

It's too late for regrets, but it seems we've unwittingly shouldered the fate of an entire nation.

The responsibility is immense.

And calling us "unmatched heroes", does refer to us, doesn't it?

It feels like things have escalated quite a bit despite our casual approach.

By the way, in this battle, I completed one mission, and my level increased.


───────────────────────

Mission Accomplished: Defeat 3 Mummy Mummies!

All party members gained 15,000 experience points!

New Mission: Defeat 1 Dullahan (Experience Points: 15,000)!

New Mission: Defeat 1 Dragon Zombie (Experience Points: 30,000)!

Musou Daichi leveled up to Level 51!

Current Experience Points:

Musou Daichi... 175,5904/192,7788 (Next level: 171,884)

Kodachi Kazane... 1631536/1743010 (Next level: 111474)

Yuzuki Hotaru... 1687151/1743010 (Next level: 55859)

───────────────────────


I finally reached level 51.

Considering the pattern so far──

"Senpai, did your skill list update when you reached level 51?"

"Wait a moment, I'll check now."

That's right, there's a high chance the available skills list will be updated now.

I opened the status screen and checked the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test