30 March 2024

General 33

Test

Chapter 33. Ah... I Want To Die...


"Ah... Ah... Ah... Young Yuu-sama is right in front of me..."

"The recent VR technology is amazing, isn't it, Hayami-sensei?"

"Tch... Even though it's to win over this woman, I have to give up my treasured childhood photos of Yuu-kun."

As I entered the club room, I saw Hayami, Mina, and Kotomi wearing VR goggles resembling popular comic book hero goggles from our childhood, along with glove-style consoles in their hands.

After glimpsing something I shouldn't have, I quietly closed the club room door once, then reopened it, gathering myself before stepping in again.

"Can you create a 3D model with just a few photos? It's like a dream... For example, using baby photos of young Yuu-sama..."

"It seems this technology originally got developed for military simulated combat training. By the way, with additional attachments, it can even reproduce smells like body odor."

"As soon as the government provided the technology to civilians, it rapidly evolved in this direction. But I'm quite dissatisfied that the Cat Mode is only from the owner's perspective. Maybe we should submit a request letter to the manufacturer's site next time."

The sight of young maidens wearing bulky goggles, chatting happily about their ideal scenarios filled with quirks, was terribly disappointing, even if they were beautiful.

"Hey, you three. Sorry to interrupt your fun."

Since the VR goggles also served as headphones, it seemed they hadn't noticed me enter the room, so I approached them and spoke up.

The three of them froze in surprise, then slowly lifted their VR goggles as if in sync.

"Welcome back to the real world, all three of you."

"""Ah... I want to die..."""

Despite their earlier excitement, all three looked at me with despairing faces.

Thinking in reverse gender roles, this situation was akin to being caught by girls while passionately discussing fetishes like flipping through erotic books.

Yeah, this is going to haunt me forever.

At least not delving too deep here is kindness.

"Suo-senpai, aren't you coming over here?"

I tried to keep my voice flat while watching the three take off their VR goggles and glove-style consoles in front of me, pretending not to notice.

"Well..."

"Huh?! Could it be, that he saw this situation too?!"

Kotomi and Mina, having enjoyed their time with VR goggles for quite a while, seemed unsure.

"I don't think Suo-kun has come here. I put on the VR goggles before Yuu-sama arrived. I got tricked into thinking I could experience young Yuu-sama's childhood appearance by this girl, so I just took a quick peek."

"What, blaming it on the student!"

"I see..."

While Mina and Hayami bickered, I pondered on the spot.

"Something about Suo-senpai? Yuu."

"Yeah. Something is bothering me a bit."

While I gave a vague answer to Kotomi's inquiry, I wasn't sure, but my gut feeling hinted at something unpleasant.

I knew from experience that such unpleasant feelings often turned into reality.

◇◇◇◆◇◇◇

"It's been a while, Suo."

"Yes..."

In the deserted training preparation room, Suo faced Shinjiro with a tense expression.

"Last week's regular report to the faction's higher-ups seems to be missing. What happened?"

"Huh? But I already received instructions from that faction..."

"What are you talking about? You must fulfill your duties as a member of the faction."

"............"

Suo couldn't keep up with understanding and stared blankly at Shinjiro, the boss of the civilian faction in this school, and also a teacher.

"I expect a lot from you."

"Y-yes..."

Looking at Shinjiro's smiling face, Suo wondered if he had been dreaming until now, given how coldly Shinjiro had expelled him from the faction just a few weeks ago.

"And Suo, you seem to be quite friendly with that particular student lately."

Even with his archaic smile, Shinjiro's words felt more like casual conversation, finally shaking Suo from his daze, realizing what was expected of him.

"Are you targeting Kamiya? Why him?"

"That's none of your concern. If you're as capable as I think you are, you know what I want, right?"

It was an extremely vague command, more like a hint than an order.

However, Suo understood well what Shinjiro was implying, even without specific instructions.

"Then, I'll gather information about Kojima."

"Good, Suo. Increase the reporting frequency from before."

Although Shinjiro phrased it like a question to confirm the real intention, Suo realized it was another warning.

If he refused, further penalties would come his way.

"I understand."

"I'm counting on you."

After patting Suo's shoulder, Shinjiro left the preparation room with a light step.

Contrary to Shinjiro's brisk pace, Suo couldn't move from his spot for a while.

He keenly felt his own naivety, hoping he could return to the faction.

"All of this in exchange for being a spy..." 

And perhaps his sister's entrance exam to this school was part of the deal.

If he refused, even worse penalties would follow.

"I understand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test