05 March 2024

General 23.1

Test

Chapter 23.1. What's Going On With The Rear Admiral!?


As the long-awaited extended holiday period draws near,

It was during a boring classroom lecture.

[Master]

[What's up, Kon? I told you not to talk during class, didn't I?]

[There's an intruder on campus.]

[...Suspicious person?]

[They're armed with concealed faces and firearms, so they seem suspicious.]

"Teacher! I need to use the restroom for a moment!"

Upon hearing Kon's words, I dashed out of the classroom without waiting for the teacher's approval.

"[How many are they?]

[It's uncertain since wide-range detection isn't my specialty, but there are around twelve.]

I sprinted down the hallway.

My classmates probably misunderstood my urgent departure as a severe stomach issue, but compared to what was about to happen, it was insignificant.

[What are their destinations?]

[They're in groups of four, each heading for classrooms on different floors.]

"Damn! They're targeting the students from the start!"

I couldn't help but scream!

If occupying the school was their objective, they should've seized the administrative building with the faculty offices first.

Abandoning that from the start indicates that they aim to take students hostage or worse, kill them.

(Wooooonggg! Wooonnggg!)

Even though my phone was on silent mode, it rang at maximum volume.

[Level one alert! Level one alert! All personnel, initiate action immediately.]

[Terrorists have infiltrated the school grounds. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.]

The intruders triggered the school's security or the automatic reporting system.

"It's begun. Wait, Hayami-san!?"

Suddenly, Hayami-san appeared via spatial teleportation ahead of me, causing me to stop abruptly.

Did she rush to me immediately in response to this emergency? That's very much appreciated.

"Hayami-san, please teleport me to where I'm going."

"Excuse me."

With those words, Hayami-san clung to me, and we teleported from the spot.

Wait a minute!

I haven't instructed Hayami-san on where to teleport yet.

As a result of the teleportation, the scenery in front of me momentarily disappeared and quickly returned.

"Where is this…?"

"The faculty room, or rather, it's the on-site command center for now."

It was the faculty room where the teachers usually gathered.

Upon suddenly appearing in the faculty room with Uomi-san, the attention of the teachers focused on me.

"What are you doing, Hayami-san!? Hurry, go to the scene and deal with the intruders!"

"Hush!"

"Quiet!"

Uomi-san covered my mouth with her hand.

"I apologize. By presumption, bringing you here is based on regulations."

"Regulations?"

"In the event of a level one alert and the absence of the school principal, the highest-ranking individual present assumes command."

Hayami-san recited the provisions of an essential card summarizing responses during alert situations.

"And what about it?"

"Principal Takami is on a day-long business trip today. Therefore, the highest-ranking individual in the school is—"

"W-Wait, Hayami-san!"

"The sole general present, Major General Kamiya, will take charge."

This girl had nerve.

She did it in front of the teachers...

Despite being teachers, they were kept unaware of my rank as a general.

"""Pstpstpst"""

There was a murmur among the teachers.

However, surprisingly, some of them remained calm, and some even nodded with understanding.

"Oh, Major General Kamiya. We have a message from Principal Takami."

Hayami-san handed me her device, and I quickly looked at it.

It might be the latest instructions in the absence of the school principal.

[Yuusuke, this response isn't a mistake, it's intentional, so handle that area properly.]

"What's that old man thinking?!"

I almost stomped my feet in frustration. However, I refrained from doing so in front of my subordinates.

So, that means when Hayami-san revealed my identity in front of the teachers earlier, it was also a prearranged action.

Come to think of it, even an elite female officer like Hayami-san wouldn't make such a basic mistake.

There's no time to waste on this!

If that's the case, there's no helping it.

I made up my mind.

"From now on, I'll take command. Here's my rank insignia."

I showed the rank insignia of a rear admiral that I had hidden in my student handbook to the still bewildered teachers.

"Just now, I've arranged authorization for limited access to Major General Kamiya's profile and basic information. Those of you who are still doubtful, please confirm it later."

Hayami-san provided a nice follow-up.

"Now, it seems the goal of the enemy is to abduct or kill students. Prioritize the safety of the students."

"""Understood!"""

As time was running out, I kept my orders concise.

Coincidentally, the succinct syntax of these orders was modeled after the ones Principal Takami used when he was a commanding officer.

Though his speeches as the school president during the entrance ceremony were lengthy.

That old man, he better remember this when he returns.

◇◇◇◆◇◇◇

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test