20 March 2024

Earth Dungeon 144.1

Test

Chapter 144.1. Space Base



Pulling the lever, a loud clunk echoes, and the partition opens with revolving lights flickering on and spinning around.

[Partition opening. Partition opening.]

Mechanical voices echo from somewhere as the partition continues to open. There seemed to be multiple layers, with a total of five partitions opening one after the other. Surprisingly, they were thick, with nearly five meters of armor. With this, it would likely withstand any attack.

[In Celtic mythology, Tir na nOg is said to be an island located beneath the sea where fairies dwell. It's a fitting name for this station in the cosmic ocean. Many of us, including myself, used to inhabit it.]

Shiori squints nostalgically, and I shrug in response.

[An island inhabited by fairies, huh? It's been heavily mechanized, lacking in charm. Where did the fantasy go?]

Beyond the partition is a spacious room with nothing in it, and there's another partition further ahead. If it's an airlock, the mechanism makes sense. It's probably doubled to prevent air leaks. I notice levers and panels on the walls.

[Maybe fantasy comes with a price, Sakimori-san. Theme parks that provide dreams feel somewhat like that.]

[Sounds like a stingy fantasy.]

Shizuku and I exchange banter as we pass through the partition.

Making clanking noises with each step, we enter, and I reach for another lever, then quickly reconsider.

[Shizuku-san, if you lived here, does that mean the enemies are incredibly strong?]

[This was just a residential area before it became a space fortress. So, the defense mechanisms aren't that high.]

[I see. That's not a problem, then.]

A residential area. If that's the case, while not entirely safe, there shouldn't be overwhelmingly strong enemies either. I breathe a sigh of relief.

[If this place accurately mimics Tir na nOg where I used to live, then only weak machines, capable of battling petty B-rank foes, would be deployed.]

[Alright. It's about time I call my comrades.]

I almost forgot about Shizuku's standard of strength. The defense mechanisms aren't high? I see.

With a tired sigh, I raise my hand and send my thoughts.

"Come, Mike. And the familiars."

"Mya~n."

"Myan."

"Sha-"

"Kaa-"

Through [Shadow Teleportation], Mike emerges from my shadow, followed by the familiars lurking within. Ten Dark Tigers, ten Dark Cats, ten Dark Crows, and twenty Dark Snakes. A total of 50. They're new models, so their jet-black fur is translucent at the tips, sparkling beautifully.

"I'm counting on you, Mike, and the others. And Yukihana too!"

Snapping my fingers, I summon her as well. As the magic circle forms, Snowflake emerges, her modified kimono fluttering.

"Ta-da! The genius Yukihana-chan is here!"

Rotating gracefully in mid-air, she lightly lands on the floor, flashing me a bright and lively smile.

"You called me pretty early. Shall I take a bath, or... Is this... Tir na nOg?"

About to playfully utter some lines, Yukihana suddenly notices her surroundings and falls silent, visibly flustered.

Seems like she figured it out just from the airlock. Indeed, the thick partitions and distinctive features give it away.

"Are you dreaming, Yukihana? Why would you and the others be standing in the collapsed Tir na nOg?"

Excited, Snowflake approaches me, but I shrug in response.

"Unfortunately, this isn't floating in space, we're underground."

"Huh... That's how it is, huh? That's really disappointing..."

I feel a bit sorry for the dejected Yukihana. It seems like she's taken it quite hard. Let's reminisce about distant memories later; I'd rather not dwell on sentimentality right now.

"Well then, let's open the partition. Will there be enemies as soon as it opens?"

[If it's accurately mimicked, there should be several Gun turrets and Beam Turrets deployed for security.]

Such a lovely welcome. Shiori, isn't your trust in me a bit too thick? Well, it's not a problem now that I've acquired dark magic.

"In that case, no problem. Dark Snakes, prepare for defense."

I issue instructions while lowering the lever. The Dark Snakes, blending with the floor, encircle us to protect us.

[Outer ring partition closing. Inner ring partition opening.]

As the entrance partition closes, the one in front of us starts to open with a heavy sound.

The interior gradually becomes visible. It's a sci-fi-like semi-circular reception floor. Overall, it's decorated in silver metallic tones, with monitors on pillars and what seems to be touch panels on the walls.

Holes in the floor and ceiling reveal guns protruding from them. There are automatic rifle types and beam weapons with rectangular blocks stacked like bricks, their barrel tips crystalline.

[Enemy detected. Initiating attack.]

Before we can even get a good look, Gunturrets start spewing bullets like a storm, and Beam Turrets sweep through with red beams.

That's quite a welcoming indeed before the partition fully opens. An ordinary person might have died in an instant.

However, the bullets flying at high speed and the beams attempting to tear through all change their trajectories as they pass over the Dark Snakes, avoiding us completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test