02 February 2024

Twilight Alchemist 24.2

Test

24.2. When Plans Go Awry, It's Easy To Panic, Isn't It?


"Will we make it in time?

Don't joke around! I'll definitely. I'll definitely save them!

During training, they told me. They're counting on me.

Even if I have to die, I must respond!

"Raidoc! Push me with a charging technique!"

"What!?"

"We don't have time!"

"Alright, damn it! [Body Thrust Blast]!"

"Ugh!?"

With Raidoc, who turned his body into a bullet, plunging into my shoulder, the power was beyond my imagination, and for a moment, I felt like I was losing consciousness.

But...

"...! [Earthen Wall of a Thousand Miles]!"

Being blown away and rotating once, I stood up and simultaneously cast the magic of the earthen wall.

I couldn't skillfully enclose the dragon's head, but placing the earthen wall straight from the spot was the best I could do.

However, at the last moment, the dragon's breath did not directly hit the left wing.

Like the right wing, the slight reach of the hot wind caused further damage.

"Right wing! Don't falter! Begin the attack!"

"You lizard bastard!"

"I'll kill you!"

The attack force on the right wing, somehow regaining composure, fired explosive arrows while gritting their teeth.

Although the left wing wasn't participating, if we could stop its movement now. We had a chance!

At that moment, the dragon let out another determined roar.

In response, the cursed tree-like horns shimmered.

This time, I saw it.

Before the explosive arrows reached the dragon's body, they burned up and disappeared.

The attack magic vanished.

"This...this is absurd!!!"

I couldn't help but shout.

It was too unreasonable!

"Craft! What is that!?"

"Probably! It's magic nullification! Magic explosive arrows are a type of magic attack that causes magic stones to go berserk!"

"Magic nullification!?"

To be frank, it was cheating.

The dragon's name wasn't for show.

However, if we were to retreat now, someone would have to be sacrificed. Even if we executed the initial plan, someone might fall before both sides were settled.

"Craft! Does it have no weaknesses!?"

"Persia!? Probably... If we can bring down those horns, it might render the magic nullification useless..."

That was the intuition of an adventurer so far.

When a monster's special ability was activated, it was common for the organ to serve as its source to emit light.

But...

"It's not certain, and on top of that, magic doesn't work! What are we going to do!?"

"Hah! If magic won't work, then we should just beat it!"

"Don't say it so easily!"

"I, Persia Formalhaut, will show you how it's done!"

"You're going to show us..."

"Craft! Slam its head onto the ground!"

"What did you say!?"

There were a few magic spells that could slam its head onto the ground.

However, those spells would be nullified!

At that moment, Jitaro's mithril arrow pierced the dragon's torso.

If it's physical, will it work?

"If that's the case...but that's..."

"Craft! If you have a method, say it! We're stuck at a standstill like this!"

This time, Raidoc shouted.

There is a method. However, that is.

"We're already expecting some sacrifices! If we can defeat that thing, it's a blessing!"

"Ugh...! Just one breath... just endure one breath with all your might!"

"Understood!"

"Everyone, listen! We're taking a gamble now! Just one hit! One breath. Endure it with your own strength!"

"Uoooohhh!!!"

I chugged mana potions and healing potions, gathering magic power.

In response to that, the dragon turned its body towards us.

"You beast! Lizard bastard! Face this way!"

"Anything will do! Provoke it!"

It probably understood as soon as I did something; the left and right squads tried to draw the dragon's attention, shooting all kinds of techniques and arrows, and shouting insults to provoke it.

Some even threw stones.

But the dragon was in the center. In other words, it opened its jaws wide toward the first squad where I was.

I decided to gather magic power, trusting my comrades blindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test