20 February 2024

Shop 50.2

Test

Chapter 50.2. Rise In The Wilderness


"What's... this?" 

Cherina hesitated, her eyes full of disgust as she looked at the crispy fried monkfish.

"Just as it looks?"

"The appearance is quite something."

"Is that so? It's actually delicious. Give it a try."

"Hmm."

"Allow me to carve it up... Where should I start?"

"From head to tail."

"...What?"

Hugo pauses at my words, despite being a man of the harbor.

"From head to tail."

"Uhm... from head to... really?"

"Yeah, you can eat all of it... Did you think you couldn't eat the head? You can even eat the bones."

"The bones?! ...It's just... I don't know, it feels like something someone from the slums would eat."

"It's properly cooked, so there's no problem."

"S-So then..."

The chef cuts it up into appropriate pieces, but the head remains intact.

"Akira, which part is delicious?"

"Every part is delicious, but when you crunch into the head, you'll understand the true deliciousness of this fried fish."

"I see. Then..."

This time, I stab the head with my fork and boldly take a bite, swallowing it down in one go. With a crunch, I gulp it down.

"Oh, this is quite good. It's wild in taste and texture, completely contrasting the sashimi earlier! You won't believe it's the same fish! This also calls for sake! It's a taste that makes you crave an ale!"

Hugg gulps down sake like water. Considering it's Cherina's treat, he should show a bit of restraint. Or maybe he's not holding back because it's her treat...

"I concede defeat. I hesitated based on appearance alone. If it's that delicious, I should have tried it too."

"You can make it yourself, can't you?"

"You marinated it in soy sauce, right? Since I don't have that..."

"Oh. Then I'll give you a set of seasonings. I'll take the money, though."

"Is that okay?"

"Yeah, I can't give you enough to start a business, but..."

"It's enough... But do you really not think I'd make that sauce?"

"Well, making soy sauce is extremely difficult... But it'd be nice if you could make it here and enrich our dining table."

"I see, you're confident I won't copy it."

Hugo nodded in understanding.

"It's not about that... Well, please give it a try."

I also take a piece of fried fish with chopsticks and try it. The crispy texture is irresistible.

"Me too!"

"Then let's indulge... No, not the tail, but the belly part over there."

"I'll have that."

And so, we all enjoyed the fried fish with gusto.

"Shall we have some miso soup on the side? It'll help with the dryness."

I divide the rockfish miso soup among everyone. To be honest, it's difficult to tell the difference between rockfish and monkfish.

Since this miso soup is mainly used as a stock, I divided it so that everyone would have a bit of white fish.

"Soup, huh."

"It has a unique taste."

"It's salty..."

Narnia seems to dislike it.

"Ah, sorry, I used seafood, so I should have toned down the flavor a bit more."

I might have put too much miso.

"This is just right for me."

"I find it a bit too strong."

"Balancing the saltiness in this area is difficult. But it's a strange-tasting soup."

"We used miso as a seasoning. I'll give you some to take home later."

"I'm looking forward to it."

Well then, shall we move on?

"There's still plenty of dishes left."

The frenzy (?) of the feast continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test