11 February 2024

Shop 47.2

Test

Chapter 47.2. Flag In The Wilderness


"No, those are rarely caught. You need quite a bit of preparation before going after them. Regular nets won't do the trick."

"Is that so?"

"You'd have to spear them, but it's difficult. Occasionally, someone goes out aiming for a windfall, but if they come back empty-handed, that's the lucky outcome. If not, they might get caught in the currents, and it's goodbye."

The captain made a sweeping motion with his hand.

"That's... quite scary."

"Once you're out of the Liberi Bay, it's a pretty dangerous sea. You need at least a medium-sized ship like those fishing boats over there, and if you want to go further, well, you'd need Master... no, Paros-sama's large ship."

"That's Cherina's older brother, right?"

I confirmed with her. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

"Yes. Despite his appearance, he's a first-class helmsman."

"I see."

If I were to say he doesn't look like it, I might get beaten up by everyone in the port. But for Paros to be called "despite his appearance" even by his sister...

I wonder if they'd go fishing if I got a tuna-specific fishing rod? A carbon rod, an amazing one.

"Is there anything else you want?"

"Well... There are many fish I don't know, so it's hard to choose. There are some with legs, too. It's creepy."

"Hm? What are those barrels over there?"

Barrels were being carried to an inconspicuous place.

"Those... are bottom-dwelling fish. They're not worth much, but the slum folks want them, so we keep them."

"Huh?"

Out of curiosity, I peered into the large wooden barrel.

"...! It's an octopus! There's an octopus in there!"

"You're quite knowledgeable. Sometimes they get caught in the nets. It's disgusting, isn't it?"

"What are you saying?! Look! This octopus is so firm and lively! Doesn't it look incredibly delicious?!"

I realized later that honorifics had flown out the window around this point.

"Huh?!"

"Oh! There's even a conger eel over there! And rockfish! What is this, a treasure chest?!"

I was so excited that I almost jumped up, completely unaware of the expressions of the three people behind me.

"But do they really live in such a hot area?"

While puzzled by my sudden change, he answered.

"There are cold currents too, so there's a wide variety of fish in the bay... but... do you intend to eat them?"

"Of course! One conger eel for deep-frying, and another for sashimi. As for the rockfish, I'll make miso soup. And the conger eel, of course, will be a conger eel rice bowl! The octopus will be sashimi, deep-fried, and takoyaki!"

...Conger eel and rockfish are pretty similar though.

This is going to be quite a lavish dinner.

"Miss... is Akira from the slums?"

"No... I don't think so..."

Why is Cherina so bewildered?

"This is the first time I've seen an octopus."

Yaralai, who had been silent until now, looked into the barrel with interest.

"Is that so? It's delicious."

"I'm looking forward to it."

Cherina frowned slightly at Yaralai's response, who answered without any resistance.

"Yaralai-sama, aren't you hesitant about eating?"

"As long as it's not poisonous, there's no problem."

The captain and Cherina exchanged glances.

"Right, I'll start cooking now, so the captain can join us to prove how delicious it is."

"Huh?! No, that... that's right! I still have work to do on the ship!"

He said it quickly and then flew off towards the ship.

"Oh! Are you running away by yourself?!"

"Good luck~..."

He disappeared, leaving behind the Doppler effect.

"Ohhh..."

For some reason, Cherina kneeled down and collapsed on the ground. It's the orz pose that's common on the internet.

"What's wrong, Cherina?"

"N-no... it's nothing..."

When I helped her up, she looked a bit pale. She's been working hard lately. I'll cheer her up by giving her something delicious to eat.

"All right, Cherina, I'll make the most delicious meal for you, so cheer up!"

"Huh? Um, I appreciate the sentiment, but..."

"Once decided, let's get started on the preparations. Melvin-san, please show me to the company's kitchen!"

"Y-yes..."

Melvin glanced at Cherina once, but when I urged him on, he guided us, and I followed after taking Cherina's sluggish hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test