01 February 2024

Shop 42.1

Test

Chapter 42.1. Morning Set In The Wilderness


Let's make breakfast for a change.

Since I could only have water last night, I wanted a proper breakfast.

Arriving at the hill where the usual harbor is visible with Yaralai, I start preparing. 

Ignoring Yaralai, who is looking curiously at the portable stove and gas canister, I continue with the preparations.

There are about 4 eggs left from the day before yesterday.

In that case, let's make that.

I bought a kettle for 2,800 yen without approval and a newly approved one.

Bacon = 376 yen

Soy sauce = 265 yen

Bread = 135 yen

I purchased them.

My remaining balance is 927,316 yen.

I arrange bacon in the heated frying pan. I drop two eggs where the delicious fat is overflowing, then reduce the heat. 

Carefully avoiding burning, I cook them half-done, put them on the bread, and hand them to Yaralai. 

I really wanted to toast it, but there's no toaster. I won't try approval because there's no electricity.

Yaralai takes it silently.

"Salt and pepper are fine, but soy sauce. It tastes good with a little drizzle."

"Is that so?"

He chooses soy sauce without hesitation and drizzles it on the fried eggs.

I was worried he might put too much, but he skillfully pours just the right amount.

"Delicious."

That's good. I cook my portion.

"Hey Yaralai, which do you prefer? A sandwich or warm rice?"

"...Both have their merits, but... warm rice is comforting."

Certainly, mornings in this wilderness country can still be chilly. 

The current temperature is low enough that it's hard to believe it will get so hot that you'll feel dizzy just standing, with the temperature rising rapidly.

"Well, let's do it like this from tomorrow."

The two of them finish breakfast and enjoy coffee time afterward. Since I'm using a kettle to boil water for coffee, Yaralai probably won't question it.

Yaralai sips instant coffee using his cup from his item bag.

"Bitter... is it medicine?"

"I heard it used to be used as a wake-up medicine... well, it wakes you up. Want me to make it sweet?"

"Can you?"

"Wait a moment."

Come to think of it, I didn't check for sugar. Well, it was approved without any problems.

Sugar (1kg) = 603 yen

No, using it for coffee would be unsuitable.

Stick sugar (3g × 100) = 208 yen

Yeah, this is better.

I also bought about 20 liters of water and distributed 10 liters in a bucket and the rest in bottles.

My remaining balance is 927,106 yen.

I put a stick sugar in Yaralai's cup and stirred it with a spoon.

"Let me know if it's not enough."

"...This much sugar?"

"Yeah, there's plenty, so don't hesitate."

"...I see. Um, another one, please."

"Sure thing."

I put in another one.

"...Delicious."

"That's good. Oh, right, I need to give you today's share."

I handed Yaralai a gold coin. It was worth 10,000 yen.

"Indeed."

My remaining balance is 917,106 yen.

Around the time he tossed the coin into his bag, Cherina, the tomboyish lady with crimson hair and clothing, arrived as usual.

"Good morning."

"Hey."

"..."

As usual, Yaralai's reaction is indifferent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test