19 February 2024

Seeker 293

Test

Chapter 293. Loser Loser


I defeated the root of all evil, Gelzer.

Although this quest seemed to be about monster extermination, I'll set aside such trivial matters for now.

While handling the aftermath like capturing the unconscious Gelzer, a 3rd party of adventurers arrived.

They were surprised by the scene and demanded an explanation for what had happened.

Beatrice explained, displaying her Holy Knight Medal.

The 3rd party adventurers, trusting the words of the Holy Knight, accepted her explanation.

That Holy Knight Medal is quite convenient.

I understand why adventurers are eager to become Holy Knights.

By the way, the 3rd party adventurers mentioned that they had just reached level 25 this year and intended to take the next Holy Knight exam, as Beatrice told me.

Beatrice confidently assured them.

"You'll surely pass."

I strangely found myself convinced that this is how decent talent disappears from amateur adventurers.

When the topic shifted to how Gelzer was incapacitated, Beatrice shrugged with a wry smile.

"I'm not sure myself. I can't believe what I saw with my own eyes, but... that spear wielder boy there took him down all by himself. And in an instant."

"Eh...? What...!? Really!?"

The gaze of the 3rd party adventurers focused on me.

The "spear wielder boy" Beatrice mentioned, of course, refers to me.

When asked what happened, I prefaced.

"I'd prefer to keep this as confidential as possible." 

Then I conveyed that we've also broke our limits.

They were greatly astonished, then turned to us with respect once again.

They asked about our levels.

"All three of us are in the late 40s." 

That's leaving Beatrice and everyone else dumbfounded.

"In the late 40s... I recall Benedict-sama, the leader of the Holy Knights, was around level 47. So, are all of you on par with Benedict-sama? If so, it would make sense with this strength."

"Yes. We were indebted to Benedict-san when we visited the royal castle."

"...Wait. Are you guys, by any chance, an incredibly formidable party of adventurers?"

Beatrice's eyes even seemed to show respect towards us, so I suggested finishing the remaining monster extermination while deflecting the conversation.

And so, we divided our tasks and set about sweeping up the remaining monsters.

But since only Ogres remained, it looked more like mopping up remnants.

As for the Ogres, I could defeat them with a regular attack from the divine spear without even using Triple Thrust.

While pounding an ogre in the grasslands outside the town, Yuzuki remarked.

"That divine spear's power is incredible. Even that Gelzer got taken down with one [Three Strikes]."

"Daichi-kun keeps getting farther away. Don't leave onee-chan behind~"

Kazane said this and clung tightly to me.

Lately, it seems Kazane has been initiating physical contact more frequently, or is it just my imagination?

I'm happy about it, so I hope she keeps doing it more and more.

"No, it's because of the weapon's capabilities. I don't possess the insane agility like Kazane, and Yuzuki's Fenrir Bow is also incredibly powerful."

"Is the grass always greener on the other side?"

"It seems so."

I pat Yuzuki's head.

She chirped happily and seemed comfortable.

As we continued to defeat ogres both inside and outside the town, eventually, all signs of monsters in the vicinity vanished.

We even explored the surrounding forest to some extent and confirmed from above with Griffin, but there were no traces.

Even if there were a few stragglers, the town's original defense force should suffice.

With the extermination of the remaining ogres complete, we began our return journey to the port town of Baren.

Gelzer, who had lost consciousness, was tightly bound with adventurer ropes and transported on a magical item for adventurers.

This item also belonged to Beatrix.

It was like a floating luminous disc about knee-high, capable of carrying a human-sized load with its strength.

Although Gelzer regained consciousness during the journey, he was completely restrained and could do nothing except hurl abuse at us and Beatrix.

By the time we reached the port town of Baren after half a day of travel, it was already dark.

We returned to the adventurer guild and reported the completion of the quest.

Beatrix also explained the situation to the guild, informing them of Gelzer's arrest and detention, as well as the transfer of the quest rewards to us.

The notification of mission completion also appeared at this stage.


───────────────────────

Special Mission: Victory against Gelzer completed!

Each party member gains 50,000 experience points!

Musou Daichi leveled up to Level 50!

Fuuon Kotachi leveled up to Level 49!

Current Experience:

Daichi Rokuso... 1617454/1743010 (To next level: 125556)

Kodachi Kazane... 1475586/1573489 (To next level: 97903)

Yuzuki Hotaru... 1551151/1573489 (To next level: 22338)

───────────────────────


And so, this matter comes to a close.

Having successfully completed the quest and mission, we received our rewards and prepared to leave the adventurer guild.

However, at that moment, a voice filled with hatred and resentment echoed within the guild.

"You brat and you women, don't think you've won! I'll definitely get my revenge on you someday! No matter where you are or how many years it takes, I will! Tremble in your sleep!"

It was Gelzer.

Persistent, isn't he?

Unable to accept his complete defeat, it seems he couldn't bear not to threaten us somehow.

I asked the Holy Knight who captured him. 

"Beatrice-san, what will happen to Gelzer's punishment?"

"At the very least, it's unthinkable for our Holy Kingdom to value the freedom of villains over the peace of good people. I'll report his recent threats as additional charges."

She whispered the last part so only I could hear.

Whether Gelzer heard it or not, Yuzuki said something like this.

"Come to think of it, Senpai, we haven't done that yet."

"That...?"

"That bet with that bastard. Remember? Whoever lost was supposed to kneel or lick the winner's shoes."

"Oh, right, that was a thing, wasn't it?"

I glanced at Gelzer.

The caterpillar-like Gelzer, floating on the disc, trembled.

"A-are you... are you still going to trample me on this thing! You wretched lot!"

"Wow, that's intense. After doing all that himself. He's blaming us as if we're the villains."

Fuuon looked down at the caterpillar-like Gelzer with a voice that seemed impressed yet amazed.

Gelzer, veins popping on his forehead, glared at me and Hayatsuki, grinding his teeth.

"Oh, no, this won't do. It's endless. Let's just leave him and go, Daichi-kun. It's pointless to deal with such a pathetic person."

"Yeah, you're right. Ignoring such 'small fry' and moving on."

I deliberately emphasized a certain part of the sentence.

I thought it childish of myself, but since he insulted Kazane, it wouldn't hurt to step on him a little more.

"Yeah, that's right. Oh, but since we're here, I'll just say this much. ──Loser Loser♪"

I said the latter half directly at Gelzer.

Hearing that, Gelzer stared at me and Yuzuki with genuine hatred, gnashing his teeth.

Yuzuki said, "Ooh, scary," in a playful yet mocking tone and leaned against me.

I lightly chopped the back of Yuzuki's head.

"Don't just add to it because you were called a brat."

Yuzuki playfully stuck her tongue out.

Then I took the two and headed for the guild exit this time.

After realizing something, Hayatsuki said to me.

"Um, Senpai, did you want to say it too? Okay then, here goes. Ahem. ──Senpai's Loser Loser♡"

"Hey, Yuzuki. You do know what fate awaits the one who said that, right?"

"Eeeek, I'll tell Senpai when we get back to the inn♡"

"Huh? What's that? Daichi-kun, do you have a fetish for being called 'small fry'? Should I do it too?"

"Oh... well, uh, if you feel like it, Hayatsuki and I will be glad to hear it."

"Ugh, I don't really get it, but it seems fun, so here goes. Daichi-kun's Loser Loser♡"

"Looks like tonight, both of us are getting it from Senpai♡"

"Kupi, Kupii♪"

"Would Gry-chan like to join in too? Senpai, you're such a sadist."

With such an incomprehensible lovey-dovey conversation, we left the adventurer guild.

Though we could hear Gelzer's resentful shouts like noise from behind, the howl of the defeated no longer affected us in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test