08 February 2024

Musou Slime 42

Test

42. Immortal Love [Side - Raize]


"What's that... Could it be!? Turning a giant monster into undead!?"

"Huh? No, that's not it. This is the ability of my new skill. Its name is <Maria>."

I've never heard of a skill that can summon such a skeleton.

"Actually, I wanted to turn the giant Spriggan that killed me into undead. But it vanished the moment it died. Maybe it didn't want to fall into enemy hands. What a worthless pride."

Defeating a giant Spriggan means he's quite strong. He's beyond the adventurers in this town.

"Scared? But it's useless. I'll never forgive you. You've crossed the line."

"That's my line!"

Deploying numerous magic circles. Creating fireballs and launching them at Dan all at once.

"I saw that earlier! How unoriginal!!"

Dan, using <Ghost Hand>, erased the fireballs just like before. Even a shallow layer of magic that should reach dungeon monsters. It's like blowing away dust.

But it doesn't end there.

"...Where did it go!?"

I anticipated the disappearance of the fireball. It's a strategy to hide while Dan's attention is on the fireball.

Right now, I'm hiding behind a tombstone. I should be able to buy some time before being found.

During this time, prepare magic, seize the opportunity, and strike him with magic.

Certainly, I may not match Maria behind me. But it's unlikely that Dan, the main body, is equally strong.

I unleash the intermediate flame magic, <Migul Freia>, one step above the grand magic <El Freia>.

It takes too long for practical combat at my level, but I should be able to do it now.

Alright, just 10 more seconds...

"<Envy Blaze>!"

My field of vision was dominated by a bluish-white flame when I was steadily preparing the magic circles.

The tombstone got burned as if it were paper. In the midst of the scorched earth, Dan found me and laughed.

"You're stupid, aren't you? There's no way I'm letting you escape."

Found by Dan! But the magic preparation is already finished!

3, 2, 1... Now!!

"<Migul Freia>!!"

A dazzling crimson fireball flies toward Dan like a meteor. Surely, if he takes this, even Dan won't be able to stand up!

"That's why I said you're stupid."

But. Despite that. Dan just stood there, smiling ominously.

"<Immortal Shield>!"

Instantly, a sturdy shield with a formidable design appeared in front of Dan, deflecting <Migul Freia>.

My earnest magic, after being deflected, destroyed the wall behind me and disappeared.

Oh no. I can't win against Dan.

"Why are you just standing there blankly? It's over!"

When I realize it, Dan is right in front of me, and before I can dodge, his slap strikes my cheek.

I fall to the ground from the impact. Dan straddles me and grabs my hair.

"I told you before, right? Do you think you're cute or something? Seriously disgusting."

"Let go!"

"I'm not letting go. Huh? It's so pointless. Thinking you can hide and take me down? That's what I mean when I say you're pretending to be cute!"

I'm punched in the face. Punch after punch, I taste blood in my mouth.

Listen, it's because you, a girl, get cocky that this happens. You should've just listened to me quietly. It wouldn't have come to this if you did what I said, but you had to be so stubborn. It's satisfying to torture someone like you who can't speak anymore!"

I can't breathe. It hurts. It's agonizing.

What am I doing? Maybe my parents were right. Following the strong was the right thing to do.

How foolish, to regret at a time like this. If only I hadn't rebelled from the beginning.

Am I going to die like this? I don't want to die. There's still so much I haven't done.

Why am I remembering his face at the end?

"...Stop it."

"Huh?"

At that moment, Dan's grip rapidly weakened. Not knowing what happened, I get up, and his figure has somehow moved far away.

And then, my body floated in the air. I felt a familiar sensation. For some reason, my heart feels warm.

"I'll save you."

The one holding me up was Arx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test