02 February 2024

Musou Slime 39

Test

39. The Town Descended Into Chaos


"Help meeeeeeeeeeee!! Somebody, please helppppppp!!"

The square was a scene from hell. Human-shaped skeletons, quadrupedal skeleton beasts, and zombies with faces melting like candle wax.

These demonic creatures were attacking the townspeople as if trying to drain the life force from the living.

The people of the town, faced with the approaching undead monsters, were panicking and grimacing. 

We need to help them quickly!

"Everyone! Defeat the monsters!"

"Squeak!"

I'm mobilizing all 28 slimes at my disposal. I, too, gripped my sword and charged at the undead monsters.

I couldn't yet use magic like Raize, but I should be able to infuse magic into my sword.

Starting with a weak electric current, gradually increasing its power. With this, I could unleash a slashing attack imbued with lightning magic!

"Hah!"

A diagonal slash struck the zombie's right shoulder. With the added power of lightning, the zombie's body split in half at an angle, more potent than usual.

"Squeak, squeak, squeak!"

Looking at the slimes, 3 were forming a team to engage the undead monsters.

Fortunately or unfortunately, individually, the undead monsters weren't particularly strong. The fact that even slimes could fight them was evidence of that.

However, their numbers were overwhelming. 

There were probably 30 to 40 visible within range. 

While I'm confident in the slimes' numbers, this outnumbered them.

"<Appraisal>!"

Upon appraising the undead monsters, each seemed to have some name. 

Considering their number, natural occurrence seemed unlikely.

Hang in there, Raize. I want to go to the graveyard. But I can't abandon the townspeople.

"Aaaahhhh!!"

Another scream echoed from a corner of the town. This time, it was the voice of a small girl.

I look towards the sound. Then I saw a skeleton approaching a lone girl. She couldn't escape, crying so much, making it seem impossible for her to run away alone.

Oh no, there's quite a distance, and the skeleton is almost in front of the girl! Even if I move the slimes, it won't be in time!

"Stay away from her!"

At that moment, a person interjected between the girl and the monster. , She struck the skeleton's head, momentarily halting its movement using a stick-like object in hand.

"Now!"

Taking advantage of the opening, I moved behind the skeleton and delivered a crushing blow to its skull with a downward swing.

"We made it!"

"You are... wait, Ar-kun!?"

The one who saved the girl was Sierra, a guild staff member. Not in her usual guild uniform but dressed more casually.

"Ar-kun, I'm relieved..."

Sierra-san muttered with relief and collapsed to the ground.

"Sierra-san! What are you doing? You almost died!"

"I was scared too... but when I noticed, my body was moving. I thought I had to protect them..."

She, who I thought was always reliable and perfect, showed a vulnerable side.

"Ugagagaga..."

The moment of relief was short-lived. The undead monsters began rushing towards us like a burst dam.

"No... no..."

"It's okay. Onee-chan will definitely protect you!"

Holding the girl close, Sierra faced the approaching undead monsters.

Can I defeat this number of them alone in this situation? 

Logically, it seems impossible. While fighting with my sword, other monsters might attack Sierra and the others.

Letting Sierra-san and the others escape is also difficult. 

Since she collapsed to the ground, I don't think she can start running.

What should I do? Can I navigate through this situation? Me?

"...No, that's not it."

No, it's different. Even though Sierra-san doesn't have a high level, she protects the girl. She's not driven by selfish motives.

It's not about whether I can or cannot. I'll protect them no matter what.

"...It's now or never. Let's give it a try!"

"Ar-kun? What's wrong?"

"Sierra-san, please take care of the girl for a moment!"

Without a sword in hand, I confronted the approaching monsters head-on.

What I can do in this situation? In other words, Buppa.

Thanks to the jewel I received from Rauche, at least I can boast about my magic power amount.

Sharpening all the nerves in my body, I imagined pushing forward with lightning.

A powerful strike resisting the wave of monsters. A thunderous charge like an arrow, pierced through everything.

Channeling it into my hands—.

"Release!!!"

As I threw a right straight punch, synchronously, a thunderous roar burst from the ground, incinerating the approaching monsters.

Incredible power. 

If I'm not careful, I might get burned myself.

The undead monsters, taking the full force of the lightning magic, instantly disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test