29 February 2024

Introverted Archer 54

Test

54. Rational Hidden Room!


"Oh, I see, that's how it is...!"

I had been misunderstanding all along. I thought the treasure was hidden somewhere on an immutable layer, overlooked by everyone.

But that's not it. To go to where the treasure is hidden, certain conditions had to be met. 

Like defeating the 20th floor boss solo with a bow.

"Indeed, Archer is suited for solo actions. With these conditions, I can measure both being an Archer and strength."

Descending to the 21st floor and looking around, I found a hole shaped like a door, obvious to anyone.

I think the highest point reached in the dungeon was around 26, right? 

I don't know if anyone has come here, but surely no one would miss this.

It's probably a door that can't be opened without meeting certain conditions. 

The Hero of Light must have hidden Twisteria beyond this.

"A hidden door... sounds quite rational, doesn't it...!"

Excitedly, I crawled into the hole.

Now, I proceed through the cave. After walking for a while, I found a treasure chest ahead, and upon opening it, Twisteria was--

[Starting Extra Quest. Please defeat the Extra Boss.]

Well, as expected, there wouldn't be such an easy deal.

Closing the window and looking ahead, I saw a man sitting at the back of the room.

The man's attire resembled that of an assassin's robe. He wore a hood of a color resembling twilight on his head, his expression hidden.

"Just asking to be sure... you're not human, right?"

"............"

The hooded man remained silent. Standing there, it was unclear whether he was looking at me.

"I'll take that silence as a yes, then? Alright, then. I'll give it my all from the start!"

While the man remained motionless, I preempted with <Rapid Shot>.

If I need to defeat him to get the treasure, there's no reason to hesitate. Just as always, I take the initiative with speed--

"....!"

In that instant, the arrow I shot changed its trajectory to avoid the man and stuck into the wall.

"Huh!?"

What surprised me wasn't the sudden change in the arrow's trajectory. It was the way the trajectory got altered.

The man held a single bow. He deflected my <Rapid Shot> by shooting it back with an arrow.

"No way...! That's a move even a golem couldn't handle with just one shot! No, what's more concerning is..."

How did he deflect my <Rapid Shot>?

I was supposed to be faster in shooting. Moreover, I shoot without any motion.

Is it similar to <Repel Arrow>? It seems more like a blessing.

"Regardless, if you're not going to do anything, I'll take the initiative!"

Again, I shoot arrows at the hooded man. More than before.

...However, all my attacks got deflected just like before.

"This is troublesome..."

He doesn't do anything, but all my attacks get deflected.

But if I retreat here, the treasure will be out of reach.

First, I need to understand why the man deflects attacks.

Rather than attacking, I focus on observation and shoot arrows.

"...Huh?"

At that moment, I noticed something.

The man moves just before he attacks. He holds the bow with both hands, spreads his legs, and draws the string. That posture--

Is the posture when an Archer draws a bow!?

"No, no, no, that can't be...!?"

It's not rational no matter how I look at it. The man's attack after drawing the string would be faster than my motionless attack.

However, the fact remains that the man's attack is faster. He clearly draws the bow after me.

Unfortunately, I don't have a means of attack faster than <Rapid Shot>.

To defeat this man, I need to acquire a faster attack right here and now.

"I'm truly lucky to encounter a chance to power up in a place like this."

Fortunately, the opponent doesn't attack. I can try as many times as I want.

"Still, that posture is bothering me..."

Drawing the string, the motion before shooting. The timing of the shot before releasing the arrow--didn't I call it 'Association'?

It's a wild guess, but could insert that between the shots make the shooting faster than motionless?

I materialize a bow with <Materialization> and draw the string after a long time.

Drawing the string, I take more time for a single shot than usual. Of course, the attack gets deflected.

"This is going to take some time..."

After that, I shoot arrows tirelessly, occasionally observing the hooded man and moving my hands again.

An hour must have passed with no progress.

The situation changed dramatically there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test