20 February 2024

Introverted Archer 49

Test

49. Rational Boss Rush!


"Eimu-kun, why are you here!?"

"I happened to see the news. Also caught a glimpse of the future. Seems like I made it just in time."

Rushing here was the right move. If I hadn't arrived at this time, Hina would definitely have died.

There are at least this many 10 bodies or more. Even professional adventurers wouldn't stand a chance surrounded by this many monsters.

"Well, it doesn't concern me though."

Monsters leap towards me. I form my hand into the shape of a gun and with a motion of "Bang," I release arrows, shooting through all the monsters' heads.

Blood splatters like balloons popping, and monsters of various sizes fall.

After running around facing tough enemies, it feels good to effortlessly defeat weaker foes. Feels like a bonus stage.

"Eimu-kun, above!"

At Hina's urging, I look up to see dark shadows entering through the opening of the ceiling.

"Guaaaah!"

Falling to the first floor are five monsters. 

Some humanoid, some quadrupeds. Their appearances are diverse, but I've never seen any of them in the dungeon before.

"Those monsters seem stronger than the bat people from earlier!"

"Bat people?"

"The ones you defeated earlier!?"

"Well, they're not much... but I'll take a look just in case."

I use my evolved <Keen Eye> to confirm the enemy's information.


ーー

Five Thrones

Dungeon Boss.

Equivalent to level 15 in human terms.

ーー


Incredible! It tells me how strong they are in human terms! That's quite convenient.

These are the dungeon bosses. If they're equivalent to level 15, they're a decent threat.

"Hina, wait here for a moment."

Using the escalator, I descend to the 1st floor, where 5 monsters simultaneously spot me.

They're covered in blood all over. And it's not theirs. They've killed quite a few adventurers.

"You seem confident. 'Even though there are 5 of us, he's coming alone? Does he understand the situation?' ...You're the one who doesn't understand the situation."

I shoot an arrow at the quadruped monster on the far right, sending it flying backward.

It crashes through the tenant's wall and dies. The remaining four monsters start to panic.

"Guaaaah!"

A humanoid giant-like monster swings a club it's holding horizontally. The impact feels like a massive wooden bell hitting me. I catch it with my hand, and shockwaves ripple through the entire floor.

That was as powerful as a golem's punch. ...But it's not a big deal if you know what's coming.

"Kishaaaa!"

Next, a four-armed monster attacks. Each arm holds a sword, swinging them like a blender.

"Not bad... but your teamwork is lacking. If you're fighting as a team, you should coordinate better."

I grab the club the monster is holding, swing its entire body, and smash it into the monster with swords.

The giant body acts as a shield, and all the sword attacks cut into their own bodies.

While the monsters are stunned, I shoot arrows to blow off the heads of two of them.

"Now, who's next... oh?"

As I look toward the next enemy, it's a skeleton. I catch the arrow it shoots at me.

"You're an archer too, huh? I kind of feel a connection... but if you emit that much killing intent, you won't hit anything."

Step by step, I approach the skeleton. Desperately trying to stop me, it sets another arrow and releases it.

...But none of them hit me. Of course not, I can see one second into the future.

"Firing arrows that won't hit is pointless. If you're going to do it, make sure to finish it in one shot like me."

Approaching right in front of the skeleton, I crush its body into pieces with a single <Chain Arrow>.

"Gee, Gehh!"

The last remaining monster looks like a beetle... but perhaps unable to bear the gruesome sight, it turns its back to me, flies into the air, and starts to flee.

"Your name's Sloane, right? I wish you had stood your ground a bit more."

I shoot down the beetle-like monster with an arrow, and its body falls to the ground along with its broken horn.

"Is that all?"

I don't sense any other monsters' presence. For now, it seems I've cleared out the nearby monsters.

"Hina, it's done."

"Hideki-kun... you're stronger than ever."

"Hina, you seem a bit less energetic than usual?"

"Haha, it was such an amazing battle that I got surprised... I might be a bit exhausted."

Indeed, Hina looks pale. Well, it's understandable that she's quite tired.

"Alright, let's move a bit."

"Move... to where?"

It's decided. The place I've wanted to visit for a while. The most rational spot for an archer.

"Highland, of course!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test