10 February 2024

Introverted Archer 43

Test

43. Rational Class!


The incident with Mashita is over, and finally, peace has returned to my academy life.

I don't know what happened to Mashita and his entourage. Mashita is a minor, so he probably won't get sentenced to prison, but there will be some response.

Mirei also uploaded a video explaining the interruption of the Golem battle the day after our conquest. 

Of course, I'm relieved she's keeping quiet about my involvement.

I managed to avoid Mirei's death, and it's truly a case closed. 

It's a rational development, just the way I like it.

But why am I able to see the future in the end?

"Kageyama, are you listening?"

Huh...? Was my name just called? Is the Japanese history teacher looking at me?

"Yes, I'm listening."

Oops. I wasn't paying attention at all. Oh, right, we're in the middle of class.

I tried to maintain a calm demeanor as I replied, but I'm sure they didn't believe me. Did I mess up?

"So, what's the answer to the previous question?"

I'm sorry, I don't know. I have to be honest--

"...A major disaster."

At that moment, I heard a tiny voice, almost like a mosquito buzzing.

If I strain my ears, it's a whisper that only I can hear.

It's Hina. Is Hina secretly telling me!?

"It's a major disaster."

"...Very well. Yes, it's about the unprecedented dungeon disaster. Remember it well."

That was close! Hina, you really saved me!!

I glanced sideways, and Hina winked at me. I'll have to treat her to something later.

"There are two types of dungeon disasters: 'Calamity' and 'Great Calamity'. Both refer to disasters where dungeons suddenly appear and monsters overflow--but the latter specifically refers to the large-scale disaster 60 years ago."

Well, this is common knowledge at the societal level. 

Back then, ordinary people couldn't even enter dungeons.

"The incident involving a large portion of the population, the Great Calamity, changed the public's awareness, leading to laws promoting national defense like carrying weapons and allowing civilians to enter dungeons. As a result, adventurers and dungeon streamers have become commonplace in modern times."

It's often referred to as the event of the century, which seems unrelated to me.

But in reality, earthquakes occur about 2,000 times a year in Japan.

Certainly, disasters are much rarer, but it's still not unrelated.

"Nevertheless, this is quite a common sense question. Hoshikaze, next time, don't try to bail out Kageyama."

But the teacher totally found it out!!

On a day off. I'm doing dungeon conquest as usual. But today, I'm pushing a bit further than usual.

"Alright, no problem up to the 19th floor, and..."

I shoot arrows from the upper floors to the lower floors, ensuring safety while exploring.

I've gotten quite used to this method, but today, I'm particularly vigilant. After all, it's my first time coming to the 19th floor.

Recently, I haven't been fighting strong monsters, so I'm a bit rusty, but if I were to confront the monsters around here head-on, I'd be wiped out instantly. So, I'm carefully attacking from a distance.

Phew. Fortunately, I've been able to progress without any incidents so far, but I'm scared at the thought of any mistakes.

"...!!"

At that moment, I felt goosebumps all over my body and stopped in my tracks.

"...What is this presence!?"

An aura I've never felt before, or rather, hostility!?

No, it's not exactly the same, but I've felt a similar presence before. The intensity of this presence undoubtedly indicates.

"The Floor Boss, is it there...?"

No doubt about it. Beyond here is a staircase. And beyond that, the Floor Boss awaits. I cautiously probe its massive aura.

The main body is smaller than I thought. About the size of a person? Bipedal, entirely black. And it has large horns on its head is this a goat?

"You're weakened, huh, so you've come..."

Unfortunately, information about the 20th-floor Floor Boss isn't available on Brave Stream. There must be adventurers who have reached the 20th floor, so they're not sharing the information.

Can I win against it? This thing is incredibly strong. If the monsters on the 19th floor are like bikes, this one is like a truck.

It seems unaware of my presence, so if I were to retreat, now would be the time.

But retreating without knowing anything about the opponent is too irrational.

There's also the option of escaping with teleportation in case of emergency, but planning to lose is also irrational. I want to aim for victory.

"...That's it!"

I came up with something and started preparing.

10 minutes later. I took a deep breath near the staircase.

"Here we go... First shot!"

With that, I fired countless arrows toward the Floor Boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test