06 February 2024

Introverted Archer 42

Test

42. Rational Stress Relief!


"Kageyama... Why are you here!? Didn't I tell you not to come?!"

It seems like my presence was unexpected; Mashita looks quite surprised. Trembling slightly, he directs a threatening gaze towards me.

"Hey, hey, are you planning to treat me as a rule-breaker? Don't you think you're being hypocritical?"

Leaving allies behind and escaping from the dungeon by himself is a clear violation of the law. Even if he doesn't directly kill anyone, there are laws to judge magicians like Mashita.

"It seems like your livestreaming has backfired on you. There's no escaping it now. Give up."

"Shut up! You have no right to say anything to me, you annoying jerk!"

Huh?

"I haven't done anything shady! I'm just pursuing entertaining things that I find interesting! Whether I use others or not is irrelevant, isn't it?! That's what you love, 'rational', right!!"

I've been thinking this for a while, but there's no room for conversation with this guy. Conversation is a tool for mutual understanding, and there's no need to engage with someone you can't understand.

So, what I'm about to do next is just a waste of time.

"Firstly, in society, whether something is annoying or not is not determined by whether your own principles are followed, but by how others perceive it. Of course, the opinion of being annoying is not necessarily correct. But in your case, it's not just annoying. It's criminal."

"Secondly, your so-called entertainment is not interesting. Whether it's pranks or real battles, the lack of content in your content leads to repetitive streams. And to prevent viewers from getting bored, you keep doing the same things more and more aggressively. Don't you think it's too much of a one-trick pony?"

"And finally Third. Those who use others for their own sake are not rational. The prisoner's dilemma. It's more rational to cooperate than to use or betray others."

Phew, that feels better.

Mashita may not understand, but I've said everything I wanted to say, and I'm satisfied.

Mashita was stunned for a while, but then he regained his composure and stood up.

"Sh-shut up! Do you even understand the situation!?"

Mashita seemed flustered, but he glanced back and smirked. The two behind him, following Mashita's lead, also got ready for action.

"There are three of us here. And the two behind me are active adventurers. We lost last time, but there's no way we'll lose to scumbags like you!!"

I see, he's coming on strong. Certainly, if there are active professional adventurers, things might get tricky.

However, Mashita has made a fatal mistake. That is, not taking me with him to defeat the golems.

"If I get caught for murder, it won't make a difference if I kill you alone, right?! Hey, both of you..."

"Those two can't move anymore."

When Mashita turned around the 2 were already unconscious on the ground.

Mashita had been talking for a long time, so I took them down quickly. Of course, I used Peak Hittingーー no, Peak Striking, just kidding.

"W-why... you're an archer, you don't even have a bow, and you're not even moving... why am I being cornered by you!!"

Mashita doesn't understand. He couldn't possibly understand. Neither the feelings of others nor the overwhelming difference in strength between us.

"If that's the case, I'll at least give you some injuries! <Giga Crusher>!!"

"Indeed, you might get injured... like a stubbed toe."

As I caught the hammer Mashita swung down with just my index finger, I kicked him in the side.

"Come on, you want to be interesting, right? Then you have to entertain me first. Get up."

"Aaah, aaah!!"

Forcing him up and making him stand, I attacked Mashita again.

"What... are you trying to get revenge?! Is this payback for what I did?!"

"Do you think I have anything to gain by doing that? Besides, I'm not trying to punish you or anything."

"P-please, forgive me! I surrender!"

Surrender? What is he talking about? This guy!

"This isn't like the match we had before. So surrendering won't cut it. This, if I had to say, is a collab, maybe?"

"P-please! I can't fight anymore after the battle with the Golem earlier!"

"That's irrelevant. You exploited the weakness of the students, the ambition of adventurers, and the sincerity of Mirei."

Mirei should have listened to my advice back then.

It should be easy to imagine what would happen if she got deceived by Mashita, who doesn't have any strength.

She should have realized it herself. Perhaps only Mashita couldn't have predicted this outcome.

But it's not because Mirei was foolish enough to be deceived. It's because she was serious.

Most of Mirei's viewers are friendly fans, but there are definitely people who don't like her.

From a rational perspective, it's an opinion that she shouldn't care about. But Mirei tried to respond to even such trivial words. Mashita took advantage of her kindness.

"That's why! I'll use you too. For my rational stress relief."

Why is it? I'm feeling incredibly irritated right now.

"H-help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

The sound of me slamming my fist into his face was drowned out by Mashita's scream.

"...What am I even saying."

Trying to calm down as I was about to land another blow, I sighed and stood up, then walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test