07 February 2024

General 5.2

Test

Chapter 5.2. Reunion With Childhood Friend


"Suuhaa, suuhaa."

"Um... Mina?"

"Suuhaa, suu... What is it, Yuu-kun?"

"Shouldn't we separate soon?"

The touching reunion just now had settled down a bit, and I had many things I wanted to talk to Mina about, but she seemed comfortable being held in my arms and didn't want to let go.

How much time had passed in this position?

The sun outside the window was beginning to set, and the room was getting darker.

"I'm still recharging my depleted Yuu-kun energy, so not yet."

"How long until you're fully charged?"

"Well... at this rate, maybe a few more years."

Is your battery just low?

"I still haven't seen Mina's face properly. And I want to see it head-on."

In response to my words, Mina's shoulders shook, and she buried her face deeper into my chest.

"Mina?"

"No... My face is in a terrible state from crying, so I can't let Yuu-kun see it."

"But we can't talk like this."

"Is this no good?"

"Since earlier, I've only been seeing the back of your head. I've been looking for hours. I could probably accurately sketch the shape of Mina's crown by now."

"W-What are you looking at!"

Mina finally moved away from me.

"Ah..."

Having inadvertently lifted her face from me, Mina blushed as our eyes met.

With all the crying earlier, her eyes were a bit swollen, but for Mina with her small face, it wasn't much of a negative point.

"Wow, you have a beautiful face."

"S-Sto... stop..."

"Welcome back, Mina."

"Y-Yeah... welcome back, Yuu-kun."

Finally, I saw Mina's smile.

"Come to think of it, judging from what you brought... Did you clean this house, Mina?"

As I peeked at the cleaning supplies peeking out from the plastic bag Mina had dropped, I asked.

"Yeah. I've been coming by about once every two weeks."

"Thank you. How should I thank you?"

"I-It's okay. I did it because I wanted to."

"But why do this for so many years?"

"Because... I thought if Yuu-kun ever came back and found the house in ruins, you'd be sad..."

"Mina... Thank you so much. Let me thank you properly."

"I told you, it's fine..."

"As a token of gratitude, I'll do anything."

"Anything?!"

With a surprised voice, Mina put her hand on her mouth and sank into thought with a serious expression, as if a professional shogi player was contemplating a critical move.

"Hey, Mina? Mina, come back here~"

"Huh?! Wha...?"

"Are you okay? You seemed lost in thought there."

Were you concentrating so hard that you forgot to breathe?

"Uh, yeah. Sorry. I was just thinking. As for your gratitude, I'll exercise my rights when the opportunity arises."

"Okay, got it."

"So, are you going to live here again, Yuu-kun?"

"Yeah, I won't have to go to the battlefield for a while."

"That's good..."

Mina breathed a sigh of relief as if it were her own business.

By the way, Mina knows that I've been conscripted into the military.

After all, she saw me being taken away by the military almost like being abducted right in front of her.

Seriously, Japan back then was messed up.

Human rights weren't being observed at all.

"But someday, I'll make sure those bastards who abducted you pay for it... That's why I need to sharpen my fangs even more than before..."

"Hm? Did you say something, Mina?"

Mina seemed to mutter something ominous, but I was busy moving my luggage to secure a place to sleep for tonight. So I couldn't hear her well.

"Oh, nothing~♪ Anyway, Yuu-kun. This house still doesn't have electricity, gas, or running water, right? Come to my place."

"Huh. But I feel bad. We can manage with pre-made food, and it's not cold now since it's spring. Wrapped in a sleeping bag, it's more comfortable than a battlefield."

"Just come! My parents also want to see you, Yuu-kun."

Saying so, Mina somewhat forcibly pulled my arm, and I got helplessly led away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test