18 February 2024

General 14.3

Test

Chapter 14.3. Hayami-san's Confession


"That's why you wanted to turn me into a baby..."

"Um, well, during that critical moment, I couldn't forget the desperate face of the young soldier, Major General Hayami, who ran to me. I started fantasizing about wanting to comfort him, and before I knew it, I was heading down that path... But thanks to this fantasy, I was able to survive the battlefield unscathed."

Well, if it served as Hayami-san's emotional support on the battlefield, I guess it's fine.

Whether I indulge her quirks is a completely different story altogether.

"We've reached the target point."

As I resolved not to succumb to Hayami-san's baby play, she reported that we had arrived at the pre-set destination.

"Alright, prepare for observation."

According to the provided coordinates, the enemy missile base is beyond the mountain.

We don't need to get that close, though.

While I trust Hayami-san's professionalism, I can't help but think.

With that in mind, I begin preparations for the attack.

[Kon, it's time to work.]

I called out to my partner internally.

[Master. I've told you to stop calling me that. Please use my real name.]

[Even if you say that every time, I've been calling you that since I was 10, so I can't change now.]

It's Con because it's a Soul Armor.

Con has some fancy name, but no matter how many times I hear it, I can't remember.

[Honestly. Even though no one in heaven calls me by a nickname.]

[Alright, alright. So, this time our target is the missile base.]

[It's been a while since we dealt with a base of this scale. The opponent in the last battle was quite fragile.]

[You had a hard time during the duel with Suo-senpai.]"

[I had to squeeze my output to the minimum, so my shoulders got stiff.]

[Even gods get stiff shoulders?]

[It's more of a feeling.]

[Is it going to be the usual this time?]

[We should be able to handle it with 50,000.]

[OK. Let's get started, Kon.]

[Yes, Master.]"

[Soul Armor! Saturation Bombardment, deploy!!]

A dazzling light appears in the sky above the mountain.

It's the barrel part of the glowing cannon.

All the barrels are aimed at the ground.

All 50,000 of them.

"Commence bombardment."

(Boom!!)

The sound of bombardment, normally "Boom!!", but when 50,000 cannons fire simultaneously, it surpasses even thunder in its roar.

A plume of smoke rises above the mountain peak explosion.

"Continue firing."

Afterward, the glowing cannon barrels keep spewing fire onto the ground until they disappear.

Real cannons couldn't possibly maintain such an impossible rate of fire without their barrels becoming unusable in no time.

[Master. The enemy missile base has returned to the earth.]

"Attack concluded. Hayami-san, conduct an on-site visual assessment of the results."

"Understood."

At my command, Hayami-san disappears from sight.

In less than a minute, she reappears before me.

"I've confirmed the complete destruction of the target."

"With this, the on-site operation is concluded. Let's head back."

"Yes, sir!"

Upon hearing Hayami-san's report, I deactivate the Soul Srmor.

Honestly, I was worried that the guilt and other troublesome emotions of living on the battlefield would resurface after such a long time of peace.

But my heart remained as flat as ever.

Relieved yet slightly frightened by the lack of change in my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test