24 February 2024

Earth Dungeon 143.1

Test

Chapter 143.1. Research Institute


In front of me stands Fuuma Karin, a catgirl with cat ears and a tail. She seems to be disguised as Serika, but it's obvious to me, using natural mana sense, that it's her. Mana covering her body glows like neon.

"I've taken care of the spies. There are no bugs or anything else. Relax, Karin." 

I say, leaning on my hand, watching the albino beauty catgirl in front of me.

"Waaaah! You came to help me-nyan~!" 

Karin charges at me with a tearful face, so I hold her head. She struggles to hug me, but I refuse because I can't let my guard down.

After a bit of struggle, Karin gives up with a sulking look and sighs. 

"As usual-nyan. Well, it's not suitable to talk here. So come along-nyan."

As she hurries to stand up, it seems there is still something unexpected. She opens the door and finds the secretary woman fainting, trembling, and convulsing.

Glancing at the scene, Karin sighs. It seems she received punishment for spying from the Anti-Search Stand.

"Strange-nyan. I hired a girl full of corporate spirit-nyan."

"Did Serika hire someone with such a peeping hobby?"

"Nyaa. While in disguise, I wanted to keep those who knew Serika away, so I hired a secretary-nyan. She was guaranteed by the Minamoto family, but it's strange-nyan?"

Karin tilts her head in wonder, but she remains nonchalant. Of course, Karin, who isn't foolish, must have known she was a spy.

"You were waiting for me. Right? What happened?"

"I thought you'd come soon-nyan. Actually, Serika's recent actions were suspicious. So I couldn't refuse the surveillance-nyan. But if Sakimori takes care of an important trading partner and a dangerous person in the ruined city, it can't be helped-nyan. It's the secretary's fault for annoying the dangerous person-nyan."

Karin shrugs and sighs. She continues down the long corridor toward the elevator. This Nyanko is sharp too.

"So, what happened?"

Walking beside Karin, who is advancing quickly, I ask.

"For this past month, Serika has been holed up in the underground lab-nya. During that time, I've been transforming into Serika with a magic ring she gave me-nya. My only respite was taking walks-nya."

Karin starts explaining the situation. Apparently, for this past month, Serika decided to seclude herself in the underground research floor to craft something complicated. She handed over a magic ring called the Ring of Transfrom, allowing Karin to act as her substitute for a while.

"Huh? The whole month?"

"A month-nya. Serika only came back to eat-nya. She didn't even show her face this past week, so I was worried-nya. I couldn't even take a walk-nya."

"So, what about when she introduced people from the inner town to Masamune?"

"I asked the secretary to properly introduce the Minamoto family members-nya. Was there a problem-nya?"

I retract my previous statement. Maybe this catgirl isn't as sharp as I thought. She swayed Masamune with the Minamoto family's help. Probably, the Minamoto family anticipated my scheme and leaked this information to the Miyoshi family. Hmm, things change considerably with Serika absent.

"That's true... the outcome didn't change, so I'm fine with it."

I was lucky not to owe anything to Serika. But entrusting work to this catgirl for a month?

"Karin, did Serika not give any instructions about work?"

"Research was wrapping up after a month, so the work wasn't difficult-nya. Just paying attention to the contents and gathering personnel-nya."

Stamping wouldn't be a problem. She can handle that much. There wouldn't be any mistakes with stamping. Gathering people from the information gathered shouldn't be a problem either. But...

"You're drawing too much attention... You're moving too conspicuously. If it continues like this, people might come to crush you."

"Huh? People don't gather to the newly emerging Shindai-nya. That's why I'm approaching everyone one by one-nya"

Karin seems surprised, but she's underestimating her current position. I thought it was strange that taxi drivers were talking about her. It's not like Serika to stand out so much.

[Hmm, I understand Serika-chan a bit, and it's irritating.]

[That's because you have similar ways of thinking.]

I smile wryly at Shizuku, who puffs her cheeks like a pufferfish, as we arrive at the end of the corridor. The doors of the silver elevator are right in front of us.

"Did I mess up-nya?"

"Yeah. But I can cover for you. Let's go see Serika. You didn't want to go alone anyway, right?"

Karin, who transformed into an albino beauty, looks flustered, but I raise an eyebrow and let out a sigh. Even though Karin is increasingly uncomfortable, it's too unnatural to wait for me without seeing Serika.

Whether there's surveillance or not, there's a reason she doesn't want to see her. Probably something dangerous. She's cautious like that.

Karin, feeling my gaze, averts her eyes. She still has a terrible poker face, this catgirl.

"I don't know what you're worried about, but let's go downstairs for now. Serika might get angry if her research is interrupted, but if it's the Sakimori, a kiss will surely shut her up."

[Seems like you really like fish, like a cat. I should go to the fish market and get some fresh kisses.]

[That's a dad joke, Shizuku-san.]

Taking out a card from my pocket, I enter the elevator, and Karin swipes the card through the card reader next to the switch. Shizuku glares at Karin. Her eyes are so intense, they seem like they might shoot lasers.

She's a beautiful girl who seems like she might turn into a cute seal at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test