31 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 22.1

Test

22.1. The Secret To Success Lies In The Preparation, Isn't It?


The preparation period for the dragon subjugation was one month. 

By paying a considerable amount earned by the village to the adventurer guild as a request fee, over 130 elite adventurers gathered.

Throughout this month, we conducted continuous training, including coordination. 

The vanguard consumed stamina potions like water.

The mid-guard provided support and healing.

The rear guard attacked with magic or explosive arrows while maintaining auxiliary spells.

Adventurers with archery skills, such as rangers, underwent repeated training with explosive arrows. 

During training with a large rock simulating the dragon, there were moments where explosive arrows involved allies.

But we revisited and resolved those coordination issues.

"The scary part is the breath attack. Counting on you, Craft."

"I'll find a way to handle it."

My role is to create a magic barrier to block the dragon's breath. 

After various experiments, I was the only one capable of instantly creating a wall large enough to withstand the breath of a gigantic dragon.

"Listen, Craft. You absolutely must not participate in the attack. Recklessness is also forbidden. No matter what sacrifices occur, do not intervene."

"...I've heard it many times."

"Your role is to prevent the breath. If you mess up, we could all get wiped out."

"I'll be fine. I understand."

"Rest assured. Use healing potions as much as you need. And these potions don't have any side effects, right? Leave it to me; I won't let anyone die."

"I will definitely prevent the breath."

"Yeah, I'm counting on you."

It's a heavy responsibility, but I cannot afford to fail. 

I must make use of my experience as a former magician. 

I've fulfilled my role as an alchemist; now, I must contribute with the magic I can use.

"I absolutely won't let anyone die!"

"Of course!"

And so, we repeated this specialized training.

Adventurers gathered in full force. 

Each one had a distinctive face, and confidence overflowed from every expression. 

Adventurers generally dislike large-scale battles for various reasons.

But deep down, they want to monopolize the benefits. 

Rare materials, treasures, legends—they want these things for their party's honor alone. 

However, the fame of defeating a dragon, no matter how many hundreds cooperate, will never diminish. 

They participated in the dragon subjugation, and just by doing so, they would gain an incredible amount of fame. 

Furthermore, this time, with detailed information about the enemy and a month's budget from the village for training, they were far from the typical disposable adventurers. 

Their confident expressions reflected their understanding that they were needed and were ready to respond.

I know. 

The joy of being needed and being able to respond.

"Craft-san."

Early in the morning, Kyle, accompanied by Myrna and Alphard, arrived where the dragon subjugation squad was gathering. 

Leafan was also with them.

"We ultimately granted permission for this operation... but you're still going through with it, I see."

"Yeah. It was a bit forceful, but it's necessary."

If the sole purpose was Kyle's treatment, he would never have given permission. 

However, when he realized that this place was getting endangered by powerful magic, he had no choice but to agree.

"I won't stop you anymore, but please come back safely."

"Yeah, I promise."

"Craft-kun, don't do anything reckless, okay?"

"It's fine. Leafan, I'm counting on you to take care of this village."

"Yeah..."

This time, Leafan stayed behind with Alphard as part of the home guard team. 

Taking the guild leader of this village along was not an option. 

Considering his combat capabilities, he was perfect for defending the village. 

With Alphard by his side, they could handle most troubles.

 Also, since they had hired adventurers who hadn't even reached mithril equipment, there was no need to worry about the village's defense.

"Craft... Come back safely..."

Myrna grabbed my cloak tightly and murmured softly. 

It's usual for me not to understand.

But I never mistake the content.

"I'll be fine. I'll definitely come back."

"Hmm."

It might not be a noble attitude.

I gently patted Myrna's head.

"All right! Now, let's depart!"

With Raidoc, appointed as the commander this time, giving the signal, the subjugation squad slowly—or rather, at a considerable speed—began to move.

"Everyone, please return safely."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test