27 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 20.1

Test

20.1. Building A Trusting Relationship, Story Of Reliance, Isn't It?


"Is it okay to mix this?"

"Yeah, please do."

To create an alchemical cauldron, you need mithril, iron, copper, and a special oil made through alchemy. It seems necessary to mix this during alloy creation. 

The alchemist's crest provides knowledge about alloy ratios and the amount of alchemical elixir to mix.

But lacks the forging skill for the cauldron. 

When I conveyed the required cauldron size, for some reason, Leafan piled up a huge clay.

"No, Craft-kun, what we're doing now is casting."

"...I don't really get the difference."

"Forging is shaping things by striking with a hammer. Casting, like what we're doing now, involves creating a mold with clay or soil and pouring molten metal into it."

"I see."

"When it comes to handling metal, dwarves are good at forging, and gnomes are good at casting, or so they say. 

But in reality, it's within the margin of error, you know?"

"Oh."

When I ask Leafan to make the alchemical cauldron, he brings high-quality clay from somewhere and creates a huge mold in the workshop. 

It seems melted metal will be poured into this mold. It's educational.

"Yeah, something like this. Decoration is free, right?"

"Yeah, as long as you have the cauldron, it should be fine."

"I'm excited!"

For craftsmen, decoration is a showcase of skill. Unless it's requested by the client, adorning with beautiful decorations is almost instinctual for a craftsman. 

I'm looking forward to how Leafan will decorate this alchemical cauldron.

A few days later.

"It's done! Craft-kun!"

"Oh."

When I went to the workshop excitedly, I couldn't watch when the clay collapsed and solidified into the cauldron. It seems I had to wait until it was finished. 

When I go, there's a huge metal cauldron that could accommodate two adults.

It's mainly mithril, but instead of green, it has a deep, purplish hue. The decorations are splendid, making it a first-class piece of craftsmanship.

"How is it?"

"This is... more wonderful than I imagined. I don't understand art at all, but it's evident at a glance that this is amazing. Thank you, Leafan."

"Hehehe. I made it because we needed those things."

Somehow, just this makes the effort of going to get mithril worthwhile. Leafan's effort is proof that my abilities are recognized. My efforts have never been rewarded until now.

So.

"I need to do my best."

In the expanded guild hall's alchemy room, a cauldron with an artistic touch is placed in the center.

It seems we'll have a long relationship.

When I gently touched the cauldron.

あwろgwhtgうぇりおがwせ:rlj;gはえおれさえりじぇいいえl;;!?

"!!?"

Suddenly, knowledge flowed through the crest.

"Craft-kun?"

"N-no, when I touched the cauldron, knowledge related to alchemical cauldrons suddenly..."

"Oh, that, huh?"

"Do you know something?"

"Yeah. When I first made a special anvil, something similar happened."

"Oh."

When it was a wizard's crest, such a thing didn't happen. It might be a phenomenon unique to crafting-type crests.

Likely, this phenomenon didn't occur simply because it was an incompatible crest.

"There seems to be a good-timing item that can be made with the new cauldron."

"What, what is it?"

"A mithril-specialized hard-forging oil."

"Huh!? What's that!? Sounds amazing!!"

It's apparently called Hard Mithril. Thus, we decided to have Leafan make a product using Hard Mithril. 

With the completion of the Hard Mithril anvil and hammer, Leafan's range of producible items has expanded, and she was quite excited.

Yeah. I'm glad I became an alchemist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test