20 January 2024

Shop 34

Test

Chapter 34. Broken Absurdity In The Wilderness


"I've come to understand something."

After taking a sip of cold water from beside the carriage and taking a breather, Cherina, with her red eyes, stared at me and spoke.

"Common sense doesn't apply to Akira-sama."

"That's messed up!"

"No, it's a completely valid assessment. It was the right decision not to leave Akira-sama unattended. If you think about what would have happened if you had done this openly in public..."

Cherina sighed heavily, pressing her forehead with her hand. Her red hair was slightly disheveled.

"Tell me already, what was wrong with it?"

There seems to be too much of a temperature difference between me and Cherina. So much that I can't figure out the cause.

"Well... First of all, the Light Blades. Normally, you can only create a few of them simultaneously."

"Yeah, I remember."

That's right. I imagined the process as a continuous release because I heard people couldn't make them simultaneously.

"Melvin is quite proficient in using Aerial Tools."

Being a prominent figure in the guild, he probably has many opportunities to use Aerial Tools.

"However, even he can only handle three... forcing four simultaneously is the limit."

Hmm, I see. I wonder how many I can create at once. I managed to produce three imitating Melvin earlier, but maybe creating four in the same way is difficult.

"The Light Blades materialize the arcane art that sends the created swords towards the target."

"Yeah, I saw it earlier."

"Generally... if I may say so, it is created as an offensive arcane art. So it can only attack the target. At least, I've never heard of it being used for anything else."

Oh, the conversation is getting suspicious.

"So..."

At that point, the lady took a deep breath.

"I've never seen or heard of anyone creating hundreds of Light Blades, continuously shooting them, shattering large rocks with enough force to kill unarmed people, and even changing the trajectory of flying Light Blades to turn them into explosions of light! What on earth are you doing!?"

This time, I got yelled at with a voice so loud that I almost flipped over.

I don't know why I'm being scolded! It's unreasonable!

"Um... am I in the wrong?"

"If I have to say whether it's right or wrong, it's wrong. Please be aware that it's beyond absurd!"

Her eyes were burning bright red.

"Hmm. At first, I heard it was difficult to create them simultaneously, so I just tried to do it continuously. And the next one was just a slight modification of Mr. Melvin's example."

She sighed deeply. Happiness is slipping away.

"Please understand how unconventional that thinking is."

It seems like my way of thinking is wrong, but even if she says that, it's troublesome.

"There's one more thing."

There's more?

"To create Light Blades or, in other words, to use Aerial Tools, considerable concentration and mental power are required. Akira-sama shows no signs of concentration, and he activates arcane arts so carelessly. Moreover, an ordinary person would not be able to produce such a large number of Light Blades."

"Is that so?"

"Melvin, how many of these Light Blades can you use?"

Melvin, who had been resting and drinking water, answers.

"Well, it would be two or three times at the same power as before. I can use them again after a short break, but the number will decrease."

It's fewer than I thought.

"Did you hear that? That's normal. I haven't heard of anyone, even with exceptional talent, continuously shooting them."

Hmm. The true nature of the temperature difference between me and Cherina is finally becoming clear.

"In other words, why is the power so much stronger than normal?"

"Don't simply say 'strong.' It's on a completely different scale. It's almost like a fairy tale."

Is that so? I don't feel it at all.

"Oh, by the way, I want to try how many I can summon at once later. Is that okay with you?"

"...Yes, it might be good to confirm that."

Alright then. Let's get the image of copying and pasting like earlier.

I copy and paste a set of five Light Blades.

Five, ten, fifteen, twenty.

It's getting tedious. Okay, let's go with the copy-paste image.

I continue to copy and paste 5 Light Blades at a time.

Twenty-five.

At that moment, the dim light of the Aerial Tool suddenly began to flicker intensely, alternately brightening and dimming. I continue to increase the number without paying attention.

Twenty-five... thirty.

Suddenly, with a loud crack, the Aerial Tool broke.

As if the metal sphere had been torn apart, it cracked.

"Whoa!"

Due to the sudden incident, I unintentionally threw away the broken Aerial Tool.

"As expected..."

She picked up the broken piece and sighed. Today, there are many signs.

"It's probably because Akira-sama has a very large power within him. I've heard that there are rare individuals like that. I've never seen an Aerial Tool break like this before."

"Oh, sorry. I'll have to compensate for that."

It feels a bit unreasonable, but I did break a high-quality item. In the current situation, I have money, so I'll pay for it honestly.

"No, it's unnecessary. I already anticipated this when you mentioned wanting to try it earlier."

"Ugh, I feel bad about it."

"Don't worry about it. In fact, I find it more interesting that it didn't break the first time."

Oh, right. Come to think of it, the power, or rather, the way I put my spirit into it was much stronger the first time. I wonder if it has nothing to do with spirit.

"In any case, regarding arcane arts, both I and the guild are mostly amateurs. It might be better to consult with someone knowledgeable."

Consultation, huh?

"That's right, I'll ask Yaralai later. He seems to be able to use it, even though he's not good at it."

"...Akira-sama, I understand, but..."

"It's fine. I'll talk my way through it."

She has a somewhat suspicious look, but if she doesn't trust me that much, I'd like her to resign from her role as a consultant.

"More importantly, the sun is setting. Let's go back soon."

I don't want to imagine having to treat him to a hug again late today. He's getting more and more presumptuous. I still don't understand why I'm getting scolded, but he saved my life, so I can't be too harsh.

"Understood. Please, Akira-sama, be careful."

Ignoring persistent Cherina, I waved my hand and got on the carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test