02 January 2024

Shop 21

Test

Chapter 21. Neet Of The Wilderness


"Welcome, dear customer!"

I was abruptly awakened as Narnia, a 12-year-old girl, stretched over me. She wasn't heavy, but I wondered what was going on.

"Oh, Narnia... what's going on..."

"Just now, someone from the Aigis Church came and said they'd pay all of your lodging fees! And they even paid a month in advance! Who on earth are you, mister guest?"

I sat up, moving Narnia aside.

"It's nothing... I had some things I wanted to look into, but it would take time, so they decided to cover my lodging fees."

The explanation was vague. I didn't want to go into details.

"Hmm... for that reason? The church is so generous!"

Is that so?

"I don't really know the details. Besides, I didn't plan to stay in this town for a whole month in the first place."

"Well, there must be a reason, right?"

"Not really... Anyway, I'm going to wash my face."

"You're avoiding the question!"

I put on the pants and shirt I had hanging and hurriedly went outside. Well, I say hurriedly, but I kind of escaped.

Now, where should I go... Oh yeah, let's go to the harbor. It's close, and just looking at it cheers me up.

I headed to the high ground on the way to the lighthouse, overlooking the harbor, and leisurely observed people while eating a ham sandwich and a tomato sandwich.

Remaining funds: ¥1,374,301.

I like being alone, but I also enjoy watching vibrant places like this from a distance. I don't necessarily want to be a part of it, but maybe I envy it a little.

As I unconsciously converted my dwindling cigarettes into smoke, I gazed at the line of white waves.

"A month, huh..."

What should I do? It seems I can't do anything without a job.

I don't want to think about it too much...

"Good morning, Lord Akira."

I was suddenly addressed from behind. When I turned around, it was Miss Cherina Veliero.

"Oh, good morning, Cherina."

She still wore her crimson outfit.

I've been curious about it for a while, but isn't that chain wrapped around her body heavy? Even if it's a slim chain, it's still made of metal.

Also, the emphasized chest is quite distracting.

"What is Akira-sama doing?"

"Well, there are some circumstances, and I've ended up staying in this town for a while... I haven't thought of anything to do, so I'm just leisurely letting purple smoke rise like this."

"How long is 'a while'?"

"About a month, I guess."

"Why not settle down here permanently?"

She laughed lightly. It's not a laughing matter.

Well, if there's work, I wouldn't mind settling down, but considering the task from God and the fact that I don't know much about this world, it's not a decision I can make quickly.

"Unfortunately, there are things I must do, and I'll probably have to leave for another town."

"That's really too bad."

I wonder what's so unfortunate.

"Well then, during that time, would you like to work for our trading company?"

"... What do you mean?"

"Well... how about accompanying me for a while, and if there's anything that catches your interest, you can give your opinion like a walking tool? What do you think?"

"Hmm..."

What the hell is that?

What kind of job is that? It's not like being a secretary, but sticking to a woman and interfering with her work. Well, that's the worst.

"That sounds like a job that could earn you a lot of resentment."

"Oh, merchants always attract resentment. You just have to sell it at a higher price to make up for it."

Scary! This woman is scary after all!

The idea of buying resentment and selling it at twice the price is not something I want to entertain!

"Well, it's a nice invitation, but..."

I was about to politely decline when it happened.

"Oh, my lady! Something terrible has happened! King Kobel Pilatus has come for an inspection!"

"What?!"

She screamed and rushed out to the trading company without a moment's delay.

That's fine.

Please, let go of the hand you're gripping tightly...

I was dragged away by her without any explanation.

... Spare me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test