28 January 2024

Seeker 282

Test

Chapter 282. Adventurer Showdown


"I don't have any business with a small fry like you. Step aside. That girl is too good for the likes of you."

"I refuse. I have no reason to follow your orders."

I glare back at the burly man in front of me—Gelzer.

I almost accidentally agreed to the part about "that girl is too good for the likes of you," but I'll keep that to myself.

From other adventurers around me, I hear voices like "Hey, dude, stop it!" or "Don't defy Gelzer. You'll regret it." But for now, I ignore them.

Next to me, Yuzuki speaks up with these words.

"Who does this rude old man think he is? His attitude is ridiculously arrogant."

Gelzer, in turn, directs his gaze towards Yumizuki.

His smirk returns.

"Oh? This kid here, upon closer inspection, has a cute face. A bit lacking in the chest department, but still passable. Alright, come to me too. I'll treat you well, along with that black-clad woman over there. You seem like you'll become beautiful in the future too."

"...Huh? Are you stupid? What's wrong with this guy? He's gross."

Yuzuki also gets irritated in an instant.

This man called Gelzer is impressive in a way.

He manages to anger us in the party, including myself, instantly.

The miniaturized griffin on Yumizuki's wizard hat emits a "Kupi, Kupi!" and shows open hostility towards the large man in front of us.

But Gelzer doesn't seem to care about being angered by anyone.

I've noticed that this man Gelzer is, in a way, amazing.

As the situation unfolds, Gelzer takes a step towards Yumizuki.

Yumizuki gently grabs my hand and moves behind me, hiding.

Facing the unpleasant man in front of me, I once again speak with an unhidden anger in my voice.

"Please stop this nonsense. I don't know who you are, Gelzer-san, but such excessive behavior cannot be overlooked. Besides, both Kazane and Yuzuki—both of them are my women. Could you please refrain from openly disparaging someone else's girlfriend?"

I said "my women" again.

It seems to be a common pattern since coming to this world.

Kazane and Yumizuki nod in agreement, tilting their heads up and leaning towards me.

To anyone's objective view, the distance between us clearly indicates an intimate relationship.

However, the man in front of us showed no sign of being bothered by it.

"Oh, you say that, you little greenhorn with a big mouth. So, what will you do if I can't overlook it? You're not thinking of challenging me? Do you even know who I am?"

"Yeah, I've traveled to various places. And as I already mentioned, I don't know who this Gelzer-san is. Are you deaf?"

"You've got guts. Well then, as you wish, I'll let you know.──Hey, Monster Subjugation Raid quest. Ogre and Hill Giant. Bring it to me."

"Y-Yes, Gelzer-san."

One of his lackeys removes a flyer from the quest board and hands it to Gelzer.

It has the same content as the one I'm holding.

Gelzer shows it to us and plays with it.

"Hey, pretty boy. I'll show you the difference in strength between a small fry like you and someone like me. Let's settle it with a quest, like true adventurers. The loser will kneel and bow in front of the winner, licking his shoes. And then say this: 'I am truly impressed by your power. I apologize for my insolence'. How about it?"

"...Huh..."

Even if he says that, I have no idea what the point of such a bet is.

I wouldn't be happy even if he licked my shoes.

But, still...

A small part of the man within me insisted that it would be unacceptable to back down here.

To this idiot, I have to make him understand.

Moreover, the meaning of accepting this bet also made a small noise and appeared in my mind.

───────────────────────

Special Mission: Accept the challenge against Gelzer and emerge victorious!

Experience Points Earned Upon Mission Completion: 50,000 Points

───────────────────────

I let out a big sigh.

Then, I look at Kazane and Yuzuki.

Both of them look straight into my eyes and nod.

"As long as Daichi-kun is okay with it. Go ahead and accept. Just beat this guy to a pulp."

"I agree with Kazane-san. It's frustrating if you withdraw here."

Having seen our reactions, Gelzer smirks and laughs.

"Hah, what's up pretty boy? As a man, can't you make decisions without relying on women's opinions?"

"──! Um, you see! Unlike people like you, Daichi-kun respects our wills and──"

I stop Yuzuki from attacking verbally.

Kazane says, "I get it. I'll leave it to Daichi-kun.", and steps back.

I quietly respond to Gelzer with force.

"I'll accept that challenge. Shall we hear the details?"

Gelzer seems to shudder for a moment and hesitates slightly.

A man who is half a head taller than me and has a solid build sweats faintly and responds.

"Tch... didn't think you'd have eyes like that. Fine, let the game begin. I'll teach you the difference in strength between you and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test