18 January 2024

Seeker 278

Test

Chapter 278. Kraken


After the release of the 'invincible state' following the seal removal, the magical beast Kraken finally started moving.

In the underwater cave, numerous long tentacles writhed and squirmed.

The main body, neither octopus nor squid, rolled, flipped, and moved in completely unpredictable ways.

Moreover, those movements were not the slow ones expected from such a colossal body.

It began moving at a speed that seemed like someone had fast-forwarded the movements of a freshly caught octopus, making it look like the brain was glitching when observed.

"What... what is that? It's creepy! I can't get a steady aim! Fenrir Arrow!"

Between Kazane and me approaching Kraken, an arrow of energy shot by Yuzuki passed at lightning speed.

The shot collided with the magical beast's massive body, creating a burst of ice pillars that shattered.

"All right! Over 200 damage! It's hitting properly!"

Yuzuki expresses her satisfaction. Considering it had mentioned a maximum HP of 1800, a significant portion was shaved off in a single blow.

Despite the initial scare, the actual battle didn't seem as daunting... or did it?

Either way, I wanted to overwhelm it quickly before it made any unpredictable moves.

Me, Kazane, and Griffin, armed with weapons and claws enveloped in magical flames, closed in on the giant monster in a coordinated approach.

By the way, I hesitated a bit about joining the close combat, but ultimately decided to take an offensive stance. 

The fact that the divine spear got entrusted to me played a significant role in that decision.

Having received it, I couldn't afford to be a healer in the back.

"We're going too!"

"Woooaah!"

Almost simultaneously with us, about 10 Merfolk warriors also moved, wielding spears and rushing toward Kraken.

However, at that moment, Kraken's numerous tentacles simultaneously emitted a glow of skills.

Soon after, they thrashed violently as if in a raging storm.

The storm of tentacle attacks blocked our path and indiscriminately struck those who had invaded its dominion.

"Gwaaaah!"

"Haha!"

Some of the Merfolk warriors got blown away. 

I, too, took a hit from one of the thrashing tentacles.

It felt like being struck by a massive log with tremendous force, and despite being protected by invisible defenses from armor effects and [Protection], I still suffered significant damage.

I managed to withstand the onslaught without being blown away, but five or six more hits like that, and my HP wouldn't hold up.

Among us, only I, Kazane, Griffin, and 4 Merfolk warriors managed to overcome the storm of tentacles and approach the main body.

Among these four were the Merfolk king and Gelarc-san.

The tentacles paused their attacks, showing meaningless movements.

Maybe it couldn't continuously unleash that storm of attacks.

"Take this, you monster!"

"If it's not perfect!"

Merfolk warriors seized the opportunity and launched attacks as several spears pierced the magical beast's body.

However, due to Kraken's tough skin, only the tips of the spears penetrated the flesh.

"It's tough...!"

"Don't falter, deal as much damage as possible!"

While the Kraken thrashed unpredictably, Merfolk warriors tried to pull out their spears and stab again, desperately seeking an opening.

We, too, continued our assault on Kraken.

"Hit it! [Three Strikes]!"

"Yaaaah!"

"Quah!"

We delivered a total of 7 consecutive strikes from weapons enveloped in flames.

My three strikes with the divine spear pierced the giant magical beast's body much deeper than the Merfolk warriors' attacks, causing damage from both the weapon and the flames.

Attacks from Kazane and Griffin also seemed to inflict significant blows.

"It's down to almost half! Keep it up! Fenrir Arrow!"

With the voice of my junior, the second ice arrow hit.

The Merfolk warriors, blown away by the initial attack, came charging back to launch their attacks.

I, too, prepared for the second assault.

However, at that moment, Kraken's entire body crackled with intense electrical charges.

The next moment, lightning turned into a storm, surging all around.

"Uwaaaaah!"

Not just the screams of the Merfolk warriors. But Kazane and Yuzuki's voices got mixed in.

If this lightning reached Yuzuki's location, it felt like a full-screen attack.

Of course, I, too, suffered damage from the lightning.

My entire body tingled, and the shock felt like being seared.

It wasn't fatal, but most of the Merfolk warriors seemed to have become motionless after the storm of lightning subsided.

"Kazane, Yuzuki, are you okay? [Three Strikes]!"

Unable to fully grasp the situation, I rushed towards Kraken and desperately launched my attacks.

According to Yuzuki's report, Kraken's remaining HP should be below fifty percent.

Rather than considering recovery, it seemed more prudent to aim for a quick defeat.

Caught off guard by the abnormal movements and speed of the monster, I almost missed my attacks, but I managed to land a hit somehow.

The flame-clad divine spear vigorously pierced the magical beast's body.

At this moment, I probably had the highest firepower among everyone here.

There was some impact.

However, the magical beast still didn't stop moving.

"If it's only this much, we're still okay! Haaaa!"

"I'm still alive too! Fenrir Arrow! Oh, missed!?"

"Quaaa!"

The voices of my companions reached me.

Relieved, but Yuzuki seemed to have unusually missed an attack with the Fenrir Bow.

Well, making such a mistake in this situation wasn't that big of a deal, right?

No, blaming Yuzuki wouldn't help. Let's switch my focus.

Kraken's tentacles began to glow with the brilliance of skills.

Here it comes; I thought, and the next moment, the tentacles violently lashed out with force.

"Ugh...! Uwaaaaah!"

I heard Fūon's scream.

"Guh, Gah, Gahaha...!"

Almost simultaneously, I got struck violently from 3 sides.

I could sense my HP getting rapidly depleted at a tremendous pace.

If I took one or two more hits, it would be bad. 

Just when I thought the tentacles stopped moving.

I somehow endured it.

What happened to Kazane?

I don't know. My field of vision narrowed. I heard screams.

In front of me was the calamitous magical beast, revealing its defenseless figure after the attack.

In my hand was the burning divine spear.

Probably one more hit, and if I could land [Three Strikes], it would fall.

But what if I missed this one...?

Should I focus on recovery?

No, it's a bad move. Against this high firepower, leisurely recovering would be useless, and we'd be overwhelmed in no time.

Do it, go on the offensive—!

"Fall! [Three Strikes]!"

I rushed towards Kraken, infused the skill's power into the spear in my right hand, and unleashed a desperate triple strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test