31 January 2024

Musou Slime 38

Test

38. The Undeads Have Spread Throughout The Town


"............"

"What's wrong? You've been staring at me for a while."

"Oh, I was just thinking how much you eat..."

Even though I was suddenly asked by Dantzel-san, I had accompanied Raize on my day off, so as an apology, I ended up treating her to dinner.

This guy really eats a lot. Just when I thought she was happily eating pasta, she started on a crepe for dessert. It's a mystery where all that food goes in her slender body.

"It's delicious, so what's the problem? Or do you have something to say?"

"You'll gain weight."

"What happened to delicacy!!"

Raize takes a big bite of the crepe, puffing up her cheeks like a hamster as he chews.

If she enjoys eating so much, it's worth treating her.

While Raize was savoring her meal, I decided to check my own status.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, Male

Level 26

Skills

<Slime>

[Slime Tamer]... Can generate level 5 slimes, up to a maximum of 28.

[Slime Maker]... Can perform class changes on slimes.

Appraisal Slime (1) - Storage Slime (1) - Iron Wall Slime (2) - Healing Slime (1)

Slime General

――


With my level increased, my skills have been further enhanced.

The most significant change is probably the ability to summon a healing slime.

The Healing Slime is a slime equipped with a syringe. When my or the slime's health is low, it can inject and gradually heal us.

However, the healing isn't instantaneous. It's more like a slow and steady recovery.

In any case, progress is being made day by day. If I continue delving into dungeons, leveling up should go smoothly.

"――Phew. That was delicious. I'll express a little gratitude."

"If it was delicious, that's all that matters. Well, it's getting late, let's head back."

"Yeah, starting magic practice again tomorrow—"

Just as we stood up from our seats.

"Uwaaaaaaaaah!!!"

A man's scream echoed from outside the store. Given the previous incident, hearing voices from outside is never a good sign.

"Raize!"

"I know!"

Leaving money on the table, Raize and I rushed outside.

"What... is this!?"

Once outside the store, we identified the source of the scream. A middle-aged man was being held by a moving skeleton, gripping his neck.

"Let go!"

Raize cast wind magic, causing the skeleton to disintegrate into scattered bones rolling on the ground.

"Appraisal Slime!"

To find out what kind of monster was in front of me, I immediately used <Appraisal>.


――

Target: Skeleton (Antony Donofrio) Level 1

Within the effect range of the <Undead> skill.

――


What's this? While the weakness is clear as usual, the monster's description is different from usual.

Anyway, let's defeat this one first!

"Haah!"

The skeleton's weakness is the head. In other words, if I crush the head with my sword, it will stop moving!

The moment the blade and the skull collided, a sound like shattering pottery echoed as the head was destroyed, and the skeleton fell to the ground.

"Why are there monsters in the town...?"

As I was about to sheathe my sword, another scream, this time from a woman, echoed from somewhere in the town.

"I heard another voice!?"

"Monsters are spawning massively in the town!? That's impossible!"

Undead monsters themselves are not that rare. They appear where there are human corpses, but it doesn't mean humans directly turn into undeads.

The cause of a massive undead monster outbreak could be the negligence of the guards at the graveyard in defeating the undead monsters.

But for it to happen on such a large scale is a considerable issue. Moreover, something is bothering me.

"When I appraised the skeleton earlier, it said something after the monster's name. Probably a person's name."

"Huh!? Are you saying that undead monster used to be a human!?"

"Also, it mentioned 'Skill <Undead>'. I'm sure that's somehow related."

Raize took in my words, pondering for a few seconds.

"Meaning, the <Undead> skill is turning humans into undead monsters?"

"I think that might be the case, probably."

Raize sighed and ran her hands through her hair. Honestly, I think it's unthinkable as well. But based on the information we have, there's no other way to interpret it.

"Arx, let's split up. You cooperate with the slime to help the people in the town."

"What about you, Raize?"

"I'll go verify your hypothesis. If we're not turning into skeletons, the undead monsters are probably created from the dead. Where do the dead gather?"

"... The graveyard!"

If you're looking for the dead, go to the graveyard. Going there increases the likelihood of finding the owner of <Undead>.

"Understood. I'll head there later!"

"Don't die!"

"Of course not!"

We nodded together and ran in opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test