21 January 2024

Musou Slime 32

Test

32. Guardian Of The Forest, Raucheisen


The sound of all the puzzle pieces falling into place resonated.

"So, the reason the Giant Spriggan is causing havoc in the town is because Dan's family cut down a bunch of trees...?"

Raize nodded.

The Orteze family ignored the guardian of nature, the Giant Spriggan, and conducted deforestation in the forest, reaping profits.

Until now, they had always left the S-rank adventurers to subjugate the Giant Spriggan whenever it became active. 

But this year, Dan took on that subjugation. That's why the town is in ruins.

So, isn't this entire incident the fault of the Orteze family...?

"But even if we know that, there's nothing we can do until the S-rank arrives! Just watch quietly until then!?"

"No, if it's a nature guardian, there might be a way to conquer it!"

Still just a hypothesis, but it might be possible to defeat the Giant Spriggan!

"Slimes!"

Activating the [Slime Tamer] effect, I summoned 24 slimes and sent them towards the Spriggan.

"Hey!? There's no way we can win with slimes, right!?"

"No, wait!"

I stopped Raize and decided to observe the situation for a while. The slimes reached the Spriggan's feet.

"Kyukyukyu!"

"Gogogogo..."

The slimes and the Spriggan seemed to be conversing as if in a discussion.

Contrary to the impression of a giant roaming and destroying buildings, it now exuded an aura of a leader who treated even the weak kindly.

"As expected... the Spriggan doesn't attack slimes!"

It's just a retaliation against humans. It won't attack other monsters.

"In that case, it's simple! Slimes!"

This time, I transformed into a slime and ran towards the Spriggan.

"Arx! It's dangerous, wait!"

"Kyukyukyukyu!"

Oops, I forgot that in this form, no one can understand what I'm saying. Well, Raize probably won't question it.

"Kyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyu!"

Reaching the Spriggan's feet, I had the other slimes act as trampolines, bouncing me up.

Climbing onto the Spriggan's shoulder, I took a deep breath, preparing myself.

"Kyukyukyukyu!?"

I dared to try talking.

If this creature is actually a gentle monster, there might be room for dialogue.

[Oh, I can hear you...]

Wow! It actually worked!

[I don't want to sound angry, but I'm a human. However, I want to talk to you.]

[...I had no intention of talking to humans, but it seems your circumstances are different. Very well.]

The Spriggan sat cross-legged on the spot, moving me from its shoulder to in front of itself. It seemed like a face-to-face conversation.

[So, who are you? What's your name?]

[I'm Arx. I guess you could call me the human spokesman.]

[I see. My name is Raucheisen. Arx, let me first welcome you.]

He seems kinder than I expected. This is making the Orteze family look even worse.

[First thing I want to know... is Raucheisen angry about humans destroying the forest?]

[Exactly! I came to this town for revenge against humans!]

Raucheisen, in anger, pounded the ground with fists like giant rocks, creating a massive crater.

Yikes... if that had hit me directly, I'd be dead, right?

[I apologize. I lost my composure. But my anger is that intense.]

[I understand your feelings. In fact, we also have an idea about who's behind this forest destruction.]

[What? Not all humans want to destroy the forest?]

[That's right. It's actually a faction of humans, the Orteze family, excessively ravaging the forest to create human dwellings and gaining enormous profits.]

[Ridiculous! Why should our land be destroyed for the benefit of human greed?]

To avoid further anger, I decided to change the subject.

[Here's the thing. We also want to improve this situation.]

[Oh, so there are humans who think that way.]

[There's a plan in place. We will stop the person responsible for destroying the forest. It will take time, but the forest should gradually recover.]

[Is that possible?]

"[It is. Until now, a part of humanity, the Orteze family, has been sending humans to defeat the Giant Spriggan to gain profit. But if we stop the source, that will cease too.]

[Hmm, attacking me every year or so is quite enjoyable, you know?]

Oh, so Raucheisen was the one fighting against S-rank adventurers. That means Raucheisen is incredibly strong...?

[I see. Arx, will you mediate between me and humans and stop the forest destruction?]

[I promise. We will definitely improve the situation.]

After five minutes of conversation, I got Raucheisen's approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test