13 January 2024

Musou Slime 26

Test

26. Outbreak


"What's going on? What is this outbreak!?"

"In dungeons, monsters appear on their own. Usually one at a time, but occasionally, a large number of monsters can appear at once!"

"So, you're saying that a horde of monsters will come rushing at us!?"

Raize nodded in silence. Her expression revealed strong anxiety and tension.

Monsters began to emerge from all directions, one after another. 

They were all of unfamiliar types—some humanoid, others resembling crawling lizards. 

Truly a menagerie of monsters.

Their number? A staggering 15. There was no way we could handle so many monsters.

"Arx! We have to escape, no matter what! Dealing with so many monsters is impossible!"

"It's madness! We're surrounded!"

The rule was clear: when faced with multiple monsters, we ran. We had decided that before entering the 5th floor.

However, their sheer number was overwhelming. Monsters in every direction, making finding an opening impossible.

"...Arx, listen carefully to what I'm about to say."

"What is it!?"

"I'll be the decoy. I'll cast magic with maximum firepower, create an opening, and you escape from the vulnerable spot."

Raize's proposal was outrageous.

"What are you talking about? Don't say foolish things!"

"I am perfectly calm! There's no way for both of us to escape from here! So, it's better if at least one of us survives!"

It was a rational decision to the onlookers. Raize, who could see the situation clearly, could suggest such a thing.

Following Raize's plan might lead to seeking help from other adventurers. But, if it didn't work, Raize would die.

"...Alright, I'm used to this kind of situation. I was born to protect someone!"

Raize, as if determined, stood in front of me. The monsters fixed their gaze on her.

"...And, when I first met you, I said I didn't like you. That was a lie. The truth is, I knew—I don't hate weak people; I hate myself for never becoming strong."

Raize spread a magic circle, larger than anything seen before. It was probably her maximum firepower at the moment.

"So please, go!"

The monsters started running towards Ryze as if closing in on a circle. The magic circle emitted a strong light—

"You're not going anywhere!!"

Then, a giant fireball with a diameter of one meter was released, I grabbed Raize and dodged the monsters' attacks.

"Hey! Where are you touching!?"

"Don't say that! You were about to die; have some patience!"

Taking advantage of dodging the monster's attack, I managed to get outside the circle of monsters. I immediately started running!!

"Idiot! Why didn't you leave me behind!?"

"Leave you behind? You're the idiot! You were really about to die! Why are you so stupid!?"

"S-stop calling me stupid! It's because you're saving me that it's fine! Why can't you be honest!?"

"You're the one who's not honest! If you're saving me, then who should save you!"

"W-well..."

Raize stammered.

At that moment, I heard the moans of monsters behind me. I also heard footsteps approaching.

"They're following us!"

"If that's the case, we'll fight them, no matter what!"

Putting Raize down, I drew my sword.

"Let's go, slimes!"

"Squeak squeak squeak!"

Together with the 20 slimes, I charged towards the monsters. I ran with all my might, swung my sword towards the monsters—

"Ugh!!"

A clashing sound echoed. The monster I attacked was a goblin wielding a sword. 

It was much larger than those in the grassland area.

Our swords clashed, and the force was intense. Even with all my strength, I couldn't push it back!

"Hiyaa!!"

In the next moment, a monster, resembling an old man in a robe, cast a fireball toward me!

Oh no! I never expected a monster to use magic! If I dodge, I'll lose against the goblin in front of me!

"Squeak squeak!"

Just as the fireball approached my face, something blocked its trajectory at the last moment.

It was the Iron Wall Slime! Skillfully using its shield on its back, it deflected the fireball!

"You're amazing! Did you protect me!?"

"Squeak squeak!"

Perhaps it was saying, "Of course." It had become a reliable guardian.

"Arx, get away from that monster!"

Raize's voice came from behind. I immediately understood her intent, used the recoil from the sword to destabilize the goblin, and moved away.

"El Freia!!"

From a bright red magic circle, a huge fireball was unleashed. The straight-shot fireball caught the goblin's body and pushed it back.

"There you go!"

I delivered a slash to the goblin, which had let go of its sword. Uttering a death cry, the goblin perished.

"We defeated one! But..."

The remaining enemies were 14. 

The 20 slimes were buying us time, but defeating them one by one wouldn't be fast enough!

What to do? Even if we sacrifice the slimes and run, they'll definitely catch up. Both of us will die if we continue like this.

No, don't be discouraged! We decided to return alive! Isn't there any plan, anything at all!?


――

You have reached level 20.

The abilities of <Slime> have been enhanced.

――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test