09 January 2024

Musou Slime 24

Test

24. Raize And Dungeon


"Why did you come here? Can't you go over there because you're noisy?"

"You got expelled from the dungeon, right?"

As soon as I sat down, I immediately broached the main topic.

"...What. Did you come here to laugh? Yeah, I got expelled."

"So, how about diving into the dungeon now?"

Raize widened her eyes.

"Dungeon? Are you serious? Besides, weren't you going to join Dan's party?"

"I declined. Anyway, I'm going alone from now on, so it might be more efficient to go together for leveling up."

"Leveling up efficiency, huh..."

Raize sipped from the straw stuck in her cup. After finishing the orange juice inside, she stood up.

"Well, fine. Just once. I'll tell you, it's not because I want to team up with you or anything. It's just for the sake of leveling up efficiency, as you said."

"I get it. Let's go then."

Raize and I headed to the Ash Dungeon.

"...By the way, what's your skill? I heard it's suitable for surveillance, not for combat, right?"

When we reached the entrance of the dungeon, Raize asked.

"Indeed, it might not be for combat. My skill is called <Slime>. Perfect, let's test it in real combat with that monster."

Dungeon 1st floor. The first encountered monster was a Sword Lizard. A humanoid lizard wielding a dagger of unknown origin, its strength comparable to a Werewolf.

"First, activate [Slime Tamer] to summon a slime."

After I activated the skill, a slime appeared on my shoulder.

"Then, use the effect of [Slime Maker] to transform the slime into an Appraisal Slime!"

Wrapped in white light, a glasses-wearing slime appeared. It was too early to be surprised.

"Furthermore, activate the <Appraisal> skill of the Appraisal Slime!"

Read the information on the Sword Lizard, discovered its weakness, and swiftly unsheathed my sword for a slash.

"Uooohhh!"

A sharp sound echoed as the diagonal cut burst on the Sword Lizard. It got defeated.

"...So, that's how it goes."

"What's happening? I've never heard of using two skills or having two abilities for a skill!"

Well, it happens. But I've seen that reaction with Meira-san before.

"Now, <Storage>!"

Peeling off the Sword Lizard's skin, I took out the Storage Slime and smoothly stored it.

"Lies, a 3rd skill...? Unbelievable..."

As I stored items in the inventory, I looked at the astonished Raize.

"Now, let me see your skill, Raize. Is yours a combat-oriented skill?"

"...Yes, it is. But honestly, it's a bit awkward after seeing your skill."

"BiBiBiBi!"

Coming towards us next was a swarm of Killer Hornets. As the name suggests, they were monster bees, but they were huge. About the size of a small dog.

Four of them were flying towards us. Individually, they weren't formidable, but dealing with multiple could be troublesome.

"Need help?"

"Don't underestimate me. I can handle those by myself."

Saying that, Raize raised her right hand in front of her chest.

"My skill is <Four Great Elements>. It allows me to manipulate four elemental magic types: fire, water, wind, and earth!"

In front of Raize's palm, four magic circles appeared.

A pomegranate-colored circle that seemed to burn everything, a deep blue circle resembling a clear sea surface, an emerald-colored circle like sunlit young leaves, and a brown circle embodying the vastness of the earth.

"Haa!"

When Raize exerted her power, magical attacks of each attribute were released from the four-colored magic circles.

The Killer Hornets were incinerated by flames, frozen in ice, torn apart by the wind, and crushed into clumps of soil.

"That's roughly it."

"Amazing! To use four types of magic!"

A person usually can use only one magic attribute. Being able to use 4 is an excellent skill.

"Don't say amazing! Anyway, compared to your skill, I'm nothing—"

"But being able to master four types of magic means you put in a lot of effort, right? I can't do that."

Raize inexplicably averted her gaze from me. It's dark, and I can't see well, but her ears seem a bit red. Is it my imagination?

"Stop saying stupid things and let's move on!"

Angry again. Did I say something bad?

"Got it? If you get lost in the dungeon, it's game over. Besides, since we're looking for stairs while walking, it'll take a while to conquer each floor."

"Then, should we use the slimes?"

"Huh?"

I activated the skill and summoned 20 slimes. Instead of wandering around together, it's easier to search with a large group.

"See? This way is faster, right?"

"This is ridiculous!! It's absolutely ridiculous!!"

Am I doing something so ridiculous? It feels normal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test