07 January 2024

Musou Slime 22

Test

22. Tsun Tsun girl, banished. [Side - Raize]


After Arx helped me, a night passed.

Before me, summoned by Dan for a quest, was Dan with a swollen face.

"Dan-sama~! What happened to your face~!?"

"...It's nothing. Just tripped on the stairs."

To the party member using flattery as usual, I showed an unpleasant attitude. 

Even with healing magic, it didn't improve much.

"Now then. Today, we'll have a reflection session on the last quest."

"Huh?"

My voice leaked out unintentionally. 

I came today because there was a quest, but the story is different.

"It's your fault, Raize. You skipped the meeting we were supposed to have yesterday."

Annoying. It was easy to guess what Dan would say.

"Let's get straight to the point. The failure of this quest is all Raize's fault."

...As I thought. Just as I expected.

The quest was to defeat Mountain Goblins in the Illusory Forest area. While the target monster levels weren't that high, killing many required time. 

Camping in the forest for a night or two was necessary.

Brutal Edge, including me, took on the quest and failed.

The reason was that monsters attacked the tent where Dan and others were sleeping in the middle of the night.

"The monsters came to the tent because you were slacking off on surveillance, right!? In other words, the failure is all your fault!"

"That's not a joke! Don't mess around! I can't possibly do something like that!"

"Huh?"

"That's why it's impossible to monitor in all directions and rush to defeat monsters as soon as they come! I'm not multiple people!"

What Dan was saying was absurd. 

Monitoring in all directions and not letting a single monster pass? 

That's physically impossible.

Moreover, to prevent monsters from attacking the tent, a certain distance was needed from the tent. 

Even if you found a monster in front of the tent, you would be attacked within seconds.

So, I was watching from a tree about 100 meters away from the tent. 

I didn't neglect my duty, of course.

I was monitoring in the night forest, from a high place, without missing a single small monster. 

That's absolutely impossible.

"What are you talking about? Then how did Arx manage to do that?"

"That's because he had a skill specialized in surveillance, right? It's impossible for me. Besides, I joined the party as a combat professional."

"I see, it's about the Slime..."

After hearing my explanation, Dan muttered as if oddly convinced. After a while, he said this.

"Fine, you're fired. Get out."

"Huh!?"

I was taken aback. It was an absurd statement to doubt my sanity.

"Do you want to hear the reason? I can't agree with that judgment at all."

"It doesn't matter. I'll remove you from the party and bring back that Slime bastard."

I see, so I'm just disposable.

"Because you can't perform surveillance. As a woman, you have no charm. On top of that, you talk back to me. Seriously unnecessary."

"I'm not your puppet! Why do you think everyone is supposed to revolve around whether they're useful to you or not?"

"Your circumstances don't matter. I'm the party leader, and if I think you're unnecessary, you're unnecessary. Don't blabber with your useless surveillance skills."

This guy is hopeless. 

I can't understand his actions, thoughts, or logic.

Why is such a person standing above others and being arrogant? 

Without accomplishing anything on his own. J

ust because of a good family background.

"...That guy Arx, I thought he used some cowardly tactics yesterday, but that's not it. He pretended to be weak until now, intending to catch me off guard. An annoying guy, but... well, fine, I'll use him."

Muttering to himself, Dan stared at me as if to say, "Are you still here?"

"Disappear quickly, arrogant woman. I don't need you anymore because I have no use for you."

I'm truly disappointed in this man's attitude.

No, maybe it wasn't good for me to expect anything from such scum in the first place.

Nobles, like his and my family, only think about what they can get from others, or what they can make others do.

Dan was a man who embodied the characteristics of such nobles to an extreme extent.

Come to think of it, maybe I expected too much from Dan. 

In that sense, he and I might be the same.

I turned my back on the Brutal Edge gathering and left the guild. 

I don't have the energy to do anything today. 

I'll do my best from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test