27 January 2024

Introverted Archer 36

Test

36. Rational Collaboration Declaration!


"Can you believe that the famous streamer Mirai is friends with you, Kageyama?"

It's too perfect to be a coincidence. Mashita probably came here after watching the stream earlier.

Which means, could it be that my identity is exposed!? That might be quite shocking.

"...Personally, I know about you, but this is our first meeting, right?"

"You know about me?"

"Devil's Tongue. Even if Eimu doesn't ring a bell, it's been gaining attention lately, in a good or bad way."

The bad meaning Mirei mentions is, of course, related to things like the video of a previous lynching I saw.

Ironically, the Mashita I received through the introduction seems rather pleased.

"I'll take that as a compliment. Both you and I are celebrities. It's our first time meeting, but we know each other like this."

"So, what's the matter? If it's a greeting, I'd prefer to do it later since I'm tired."

"Not that. I have a proposal for you. I rushed here after watching the stream for that reason."

Mashita turned his smartphone screen sideways and presented it in front of us.

On it was the video of Mirei's Golem subjugation that I had seen before.

"Devil's Tongue and Mirai☆onAir. How about collaborating on a Golem subjugation together on both channels?"

Is this what they call a collaboration? ...It feels strangely tense for that. And Golem subjugation...

"I refuse. There's no benefit in collaborating with you."

"That's a quick answer. There is a benefit – the significant advantage of achieving the long-cherished goal of Golem subjugation."

"It's better not to say things like 'whether it can be done or not.' I can't imagine teaming up with someone like you, who isn't serious about strategy, will lead to defeating a Golem."

Oh, he's straightforward. Come to think of it, was Mirei like this when we first met? It's not like I'm especially disliked. That's a relief.

"It's not accurate to say I'm not serious. I'm also strict with numbers. Lately, I can't even make public videos of punishment because I've been disturbed by some shadow character somewhere."

Mashita glared at me, then smirked, twisting the corner of his mouth.

"So, here's the proposal. We've gathered personnel for Golem subjugation. A total of 20 people, were carefully chosen. Of course, all members are professional adventurers. Add the two of us here, and it makes 23."

Twenty people are the same number Mirei gathered before. With that many, Golem subjugation becomes a real possibility.

"If we add Mirai☆onAir's viewers, we can form a considerable elite force. Only we, who are rapidly growing can gather such a force. Don't you think?"

If there's that much power, maybe we can defeat the Golem. Even I, an amateur, can understand that, so Mirei should feel that even more.

"How about it? Are you ready to team up with me soon?"

"...But I don't like the way you make your videos. First of all, the target audience is different."

"Whether you like it or not doesn't matter. The issue is whether we can defeat the Golem. When you failed in the previous video, you must have received criticism from the haters, right?"

As if being hit on the mark, Mirei opened her eyes wide. Mirei has a large number of viewers. Naturally, among them are those who don't appreciate the failure of the previous strategy.

"Mirei. We don't need to listen to the words of such an outsider—"

"Shut up, outsider. It has nothing to do with you, damn shadow-cast loser."

He hit the nail on the head. Besides, maybe it wouldn't have made sense even if I had spoken up. Mirei's expression now is.

"...We'll cooperate only during the Golem subjugation. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Both of us will defeat the Golem and have a happy ending. So, have you decided to make a pact with the devil?"

For a few seconds, Mirei stared at Mashita's face, then sighed.

"Fine. Let's do it."

"That's the spirit. Oh, by the way, don't bring that shadow character over there. The stream will become boring with him around. Well, we'll contact you later with the details."

The three from Devil's Tongue turned their backs and left with satisfied expressions.

"I'm sorry, both of you, for saying I'll team up with those guys... But as a streamer, I can't refuse. And I don't want to."

I have a bad feeling. It's about the vision of Mirei collapsing covered in blood the other day.

I thought we had avoided that future by defeating the Barbarian in today's dungeon conquest, but perhaps? Was that hinting at the future of Golem subjugation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test