17 January 2024

Introverted Archer 26

Test

26. Rational Collaboration!


Oh boy. 

That's just not rational at all. 

Why would you do something like this?

Sometimes it's hard to understand. 

Dealing with someone who does meaningless things like this.

The cola is the same. If you want to consume a bottle, it's better to drink it for the calories, but why pour it out?

"This is my greeting to the collaboration partner. Our entertainment has already begun," said the Magic Tongue, making a cutting gesture with his neck and leaning close to me, boasting.

"I won't say anything bad, but you should quit the next match. I won't show mercy to anyone coming at me. Have you seen my videos?"

If you resist, it's a threat, just like with that student.

"I'll tell you, this isn't unfair or anything. Although officially it's to plan strategies, it's actually prepared for discussions like this."

I see, it's rational. If there's a significant difference in the students' abilities, it's better to do something like this in advance.

But right now, that doesn't matter.

"Just in time."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I was just getting thirsty."

Licking my lips, there's sweetness on them. It seems there's still some sugar from the cola.

After leaving the dungeon, I'm always thirsty. Cola is perfect for that.

"Do you understand the situation? If you don't agree here, do you know what will happen? You're not so stupid as to not know you'll get a zero on the practical exam. But that's it. That's all you'll suffer without any pain."

"You're the one who doesn't understand the situation."

I point to the two people behind Magic Tongue one by one.

"Facing three lower-ranked opponents and resorting to threats? Who doesn't want to go through the pain? If you came to nail me down because you're scared of being defeated, it's a comedy."

"...Don't underestimate me."

Magic Tongue grabs my collar. It seems to have had quite an effect.

"This is the final warning. Surrender in the next test. I'm a popular streamer. Depending on how I do it, I can end your life socially and physically."

"If you can, go ahead. With real skills."

Mashita gives a bored expression, then smiles at my bow.

"That bow... You're an Archer, right? Solo Archer means you were probably lurking around, silently hunting and all."

Is Mashita revealing my secret? He keeps raising the corners of his mouth.

"I'll tell you, that tactic won't work in the exam. It's a one-on-one fight. A true test of skill. Also, you can't use that bow and arrow. On the day, you'll use the uniform weapon provided by the academy. In the case of an Archer, you can only use arrows with extremely reduced lethality."

I didn't know that. Still, it's obvious for the safety of the students.

"But I'm a Heavy Warrior. In close combat and PvP, I have skills far superior to other jobs. Even with poor equipment, with the user's skill, I can fight at the level of real combat."

I see. We can use skills.

"You have your bow and arrow, a tooth, pulled out, and on top of that, Archers can only use mediocre skills. There's no chance of winning at all. How about it, do you understand your position now?"

Then, I don't need a weapon.

I gaze at my bow and arrow.

It was the cheapest bow at the weapon store. 

At the time of enrollment, I thought it was the most rational choice. 

I've used it intensively for a month, so it's already worn out.

It was the cheapest arrow at the weapon store. I bought the set and used it repeatedly. After numerous adventures, I've already replaced more than half of them.

All of them made me stronger.

But I don't need them anymore.

I let go of the bow and arrow and threw them at Mashita's feet.

"What are you planning?"

"I mean, I don't care about weapons. I will beat you. With my bare hands."

"...Are you sane? A weakling like you boasting without reason."

"It's not baseless. If I lose, like in the last video. I'll give you a real fight."

A real fight. In other words, being lynched.

"Hey hey, is this some joke!? What benefit do you get by doing that for me?"

"Benefits... how about this? If I win, I'll upload a video apologizing to the people I've bullied in my videos so far."

I'm not particularly concerned about the students who have been used as stepping stones by them.

I just thought that if you're going to make a bet, there should be a return. It just happened to be other students.

If I win, Mashita will lose his outstanding career as a streamer.

But he'll definitely accept.

"All right, I'll crush you! I'll make your roaring face entertaining!"

"Let's make it an intense collaboration."

That day, we disbanded on the brink of a confrontation.

And—The period before the test ended, we finally reached the practical exam day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test