05 January 2024

Introverted Archer 13

Test

13. Rational Impact!


Mirai and her team steadily move forward.

With each conquered floor, you can see the members gradually getting excited.

However, it's impressive how well they coordinate, considering this is their first time together.

Just by watching their movements, you can tell they are highly skilled adventurers.

Although I've heard my classmates occasionally talk about dungeon streamers, this is indeed fascinating.

Talented adventurers showcasing their skills in real-time. As the monster's strength increases, it becomes more captivating.

Continuing to watch, Mirai and the team finally reach the 9th floor.

"Just a bit more! We can finally battle the Golem!"

Monsters keep attacking one after another. Adventurers resist them.

Then, an incident occurs.

"Mirai-chan, watch out!"

In a split second, a crocodile-like monster bites Mirai's shoulder.

"Ouch...!"

"Get off!"

Aoi immediately rushes to Mirai and swings her sword.

The monster biting Mirai dies, detaching from her shoulder. However...

"It's a severe wound... This can't be fully treated here."

Blood flows from Mirai's shoulder like a waterfall, staining her clothes crimson.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch!"

"No, it's reckless. With the current team, we can't heal that wound. We need to return to the surface quickly, or there will be consequences later."

Despite Mirai's seemingly calm words, her expression twists in pain.

Actually, Aoi seems to be right.

"What about me? I don't care! More importantly, the Golem..."

"Do you think you can defeat it? This time, the team is composed of a few elite members to prevent dropouts. The chances of winning against the Golem while protecting Mirai will significantly decrease."

"But... If that's the case, I'll drop out. We've come this far, everyone else should proceed!"

"Doing that won't make a difference. We came to see Mirai defeat the Golem, didn't we?"

As Aoi says this, the other members also nod.

"Mirai-chan! Let's give up this time!"

"There will be another chance! Let's challenge it in perfect condition next time!"

Warm words are thrown at Mirai from the members. Mirai momentarily makes a frustrated expression before smiling.

"...Thanks, everyone. I understand. I'll gracefully give up this time."

Mirai looks towards the screen and begins speaking with the same enthusiasm as when they started.

"To all the listeners! Thank you for watching so far. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out well this time, but I promise. I will definitely defeat the Golem next time!"

As Mirai speaks, the members applaud. The video's background music changes, creating a closing atmosphere.

"Well then, see you again! The future is someday within reach!"

.....

Dungeon conquest is this challenging, huh?

After finishing the video, I honestly thought so. 

I never imagined it because I always attack unilaterally and move stealthily. 

However, I think I now understand what typical dungeon conquest entails.

Professional adventurers and streamers struggle to reach the Golem even in groups of 20. 

Well, that makes sense. 

My senses are numbed. Upon reconsideration, it seems I was apparently an outlier.

Solo defeat of the Golem. Many factors contributing to what I can do, and Mirai's team can't undoubtedly lie in the [Sure Hit] blessing. 

Currently, even with the Archer, there's virtually no way to hit a monster without visual confirmation. 

Even if I use skills like <Stealth> to conceal my presence, it's impossible. The attack direction reveals my position, so there are limitations. 

That's why many adventurers confront monsters head-on and adopt suitable strategies.

On the other hand, I can attack from the upper floor, so as long as they can't come from across layers, I can fight without risk, even solo. 

I don't think I can win against the Golem in a one-on-one brawl, but by continually leveling up with this tactic, but I might be able to.

"...Maybe it's better to keep quiet about defeating the Golem." 

In the first place, even if I say it, no one would believe it, but it seems troublesome if it gets out. 

Especially if my high-level status as an Archer becomes known, I feel like the backlash will intensify. 

Only Hina knows about my progress in the past month. 

I'll make sure to swear her to secrecy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test