28 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 132.1

Test

Chapter 132.1. Crystal Man


Crystal Golem. Its appearance is like a human with peeled-off skin, trapped in a glass tank. That's the impression it gives. Interestingly, there are no muscle fibers in the abdominal area, and the internal organs are completely exposed. It's by far the most eerie among what I've encountered so far. Seems like a monster that would be bad for children's education.

"The Crystal Golem belongs to the demon lineage. Once defeated, its crystalline body turns into sand, and the only thing left is the stench of a rotting corpse."

"It's almost tear-jerking. I might ask for a name change."

It's the first time I've encountered a monster from the demon lineage. As the name suggests, it seems powerful.

Leaning forward, the Crystal Golem abandons droplets and charges towards me. I'm not sure if it has intelligence, but it's evident that it perceives me, the one who harmed its own body, as a threat.

Can it be defeated by cutting off its head? It's a bit doubtful, but taking advantage of the moment when the Crystal Golem, infused with fighting spirit, begins its assault, I swiftly move my fingers.

The [Core Magic Blade], which has a blaster-equipped arm, cuts off the arm and slyly maneuvers behind the Crystal Golem. Then, aiming for its neck, it charges at high speed.

As tempted as I am to say "Gotcha.". I forcefully step forward, shattering the concrete floor with its power. The Crystal Golem soars upward, breaking through the ceiling and moving to the floor above. This forceful movement allows it to evade the approaching magical blades.

Then, kicking off the floor on the upper floor, raising its knee, and infusing itself with fighting spirit, it descends towards the magic blades.

[Weapon Break]

The knee glows red, and the magic blades are easily shattered like glass upon the impact of its attack.

"Ugh. Its movement is better than its appearance!"

"It's originally a monster that relies solely on physical combat."

Disappointed by Shizuku's words, I was expecting sluggish movements. What powerful moves from this supposedly melee-only monster?

"Quite moving, isn't it?"

With a thud, it sinks its knee into the floor, scattering concrete fragments. The Crystal Golem turns its face towards me and charges.

[Shoulder Charge]

The shoulder glows red, and the 4-meter crystalline giant charges forward with its shoulder in the lead. Crushing the concrete floor with the force of a plow, it approaches me. Its attack seems likely to burst like a balloon upon impact.

[Shadow Move]

Slipping into the shadows, I distance myself from the Crystal Golem. It can't perceive me, a user of shadow magic, in the darkness. My mana is down to less than 200, though! [Core Magic] consumes 250 mana!

"Ssh."

Having lost sight of its target, the Crystal Golem, like sliding, lets Shizuku into its guard. She swings her short sword, lands a blow on its leg, steps on the enemy's body, and, with a vertical rotation, delivers sword strikes like a dance.

However, the sound of Shizuku's attacks is more like scraping glass, and while the Crystal Golem's armor is deeply gouged, it doesn't shatter, and damage doesn't reach its interior.

[Multi-Body Up]

[Storm Blade]

Shizuku enhances all her abilities, extends the blade of her short sword, and releases a ranged attack. The Crystal Golem gets assaulted by fierce sword strikes like a storm.

[Storm Disarm]

In response, the Crystal Golem presents its palm, using a skill. The moment the skill is activated, Shizuku's storm-like attacks disappear as if the wind had stopped.

Observing Shizuku and the Crystal Golem's battle calmly, the golem begins to gather mana in its hands.

[Giant Hand]

Presumably a magical weaponization, silver-shining mana covers its original hand, enlarging it to attack Shizuku. Intending to squash her flat like a flyswatter, the Crystal Golem swings its hand down.

[Accelerator]

[Willow Wind Form]

Leaving after images, Shizuku attempts to dodge the attack with rapid acceleration. However, the enemy's attack is as fast as a gust of wind, making it impossible to evade completely.

Grazing her body, Shizuku is thrown away just by that. If she collides with the wall in this state, she would turn into minced meat. However, she rotates her body lightly, puts her feet on the wall, and regains her posture.

It seems like [Willow Wind Form] is a form of evasion. It seems her leg was grazed, looking somewhat painful.

[Flame Butterfly]

To confound the enemy's movements, I generate numerous flame butterflies, illuminating the surroundings and scattering sparks around the Crystal Golem.

Finding it annoying, the Crystal Golem releases its giant hand and forms a fist.

[Storm Rush]

A roaring wind blows around the Crystal Golem, extinguishing most of the flame butterflies.

"The Crystal Golem is simply tough and has high physical abilities. Although I use support skills, it's a monster dedicated to melee combat. There's satisfaction in breaking it down."

With fierce eyes harboring the light of a fierce beast, Shizuku smirks slightly with an emotionless expression.

"B-rank might be a bit too early, I feel. Can we defeat this thing?"

"Let's just keep whittling down its crystal armor persistently. Shave it off like shaved ice."

Shizuku provides the straightforward answer of a brute. However, her eyes convey a different message to me, suggesting a different method of defeating it. She deliberately utters brute-like lines that can be heard by the enemy. She's still the cunning partner.

"Just do it if this attack fails."

I take out a mana potion from my pocket and gulp it down. I used it unexpectedly, but oh well. It's better than keeping it hoarded. I confirm my mana has recovered by about 300. The recovery amount is lower than expected.

Then, concentrating my mana again, I use the core magic again.

[Core Magic Blade]

My head clears, and my vision blurs. It seems like there's quite a reaction to this. Well, I don't really care.

Creating an extremely thin magical blade, translucent and visible through the other side, I float it in the air.

"Shizuku, synchronize with me!"

"Roger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test