18 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 128.2

Test

Chapter 128.2. Research Area


"[Probably the [Abyss] Central Tower. The emergency generator of that tower should have the power to supply the entire surrounding area. Even though it's called an emergency generator, it's actually for supplying power to the entire section. Probably, they didn't know how to use it and activated it only for internal use within the building. And, it should have been supplied from the generator's lines.]"

"[Shizuku-san knows more about the Underground Empire than the scientists here.]"

Central Tower, huh? So, they were using something like that. Masamune... I wish he had managed the generator himself. Sometimes, assertiveness is necessary, you know?

"Yeah, that's right. Originally, there was a conventional generator, but we decided to use whatever was available."

Soma distorts his mouth ironically. Conventional generators consume fuel.

"So, you went underground? Even though I told you not to go underground!"

"It's because you guys opposed it that my husband went underground with his companions for the salvation of the world! Now, you there! Other units must be coming to the rescue, right? Go and help them quickly!"

Masamune interrogates, but the hysterical woman uses bat language towards me.

Looking at the people around, I'm impressed because they are giving condemning looks, urging us to go for the rescue quickly. I'm curious about what kind of life these people have led.

"What about the Blasters? Most likely, Mago took them, right? And the automatic rifles? How many are left?"

"You guys, my husband proposed..."

The hysterical woman tries to shout in bat language again but stops abruptly. Perhaps she got too excited from hysteria. She seems to be unable to breathe, her face turning bright red, and then she collapses.

I gently move my foot away from the woman's extended shadow. Well, getting too excited is poisonous to the body.

"Let's have a constructive conversation. It doesn't matter how many automatic rifles these guys have. Mago went underground, and his entourage took a lot of automatic rifles with them. And these guys, without the Blasters, drove away Masamune, whom they should have repelled. It's better to subdue them; that's not a problem."

I don't want a movie-like development. Leaving troublesome guys like them inside is not a good idea. They will probably do something bad on their own.

"...We need to revive the generator. This fortress can't operate without electricity. After that, we can subdue this place."

Masamune answers with a bitter expression, but the order is wrong.

"No, do it now. Hey, you guys! The defense here is already gone. Those who want to resist, go ahead. I'll deal with them gently!"

I raise both hands and loudly announce to those around me.

Indecisiveness is not a virtue. Let's do it in the style of the abandoned town.

"Hey, don't do as you please!"

"You're not at the age where playing house is allowed. Wake up. If you don't intend to wake up, keep your eyes closed forever and pretend not to see."

I glare at Masamune, who is shouting harshly. After a while of staring at each other, Masamune makes a face as if he had bitten a bitter bug, sighs, and glares at me with a severe look.

"You're a cruel one... understood! This place will be ruled by Dictator Date Masamune! I'll station soldiers here, so you guys, throw away your weapons!"

Masamune, with a fierce face, frowns, and shouts, and the men around him easily throw away their automatic rifles, raising both hands. Apparently, they know Masamune's power well. They were really relying on that Blaster weapon. Even though we are only four people, they seem to lack fighting spirit.

"Honestly, it's going to be troublesome to deal with these guys, isn't it?"

"Leave it to me. I'm good at corrections. I won't kill them, so don't worry."

Since Nanbu makes a displeased face, I shrug my shoulders. We have to correct them. It's likely to be troublesome, but it's something I need to do.

[It's troublesome to make someone an ally starting with a plus.]

[There shouldn't be many residents here who are elite researchers. Let's throw the troublesome ones into the outer city. They probably have identification cards. They don't seem to be refugees. I guess we left them here because the people of Nara City couldn't move anywhere.]

I have a feeling these people here might have bank accounts or something. Why were they left behind? Well, maybe they chose to stay. It seems like there was a genius scientist husband.

[You had already decided on a solution, right?]

[If you can't forget the life of the elite, let them realize it in the outer city. Maybe they have relatives or something there.]

While Shizuku narrows her eyes and chuckles, I slightly twist my mouth. These guys are definitely going to cause trouble. It doesn't have to be me who corrects them. There should be someone who understands bat language in the outer city. Let the cat girl guide them.

"The uninteresting talk is over, Masamune. Shall we talk about something even more uninteresting?"

"A story about going underground? I don't want to go underground, but it can't be helped."

"No, let's proceed with subduing this place now. I'll take care of it."

Masamune makes a bitter expression, but he's not planning to send capable people to [Abyss]. He's a bit indecisive and too kind-hearted, though.

"The generator can be revived from the surface. It's been about an hour without a power supply, so the lights should be out and it should be pitch dark. It might take more time, but it's dangerous, you know? And I can't leave it to just you; it's our base."

"No problem. My magic is useful in cases like this. You don't want any damage, right? Just let me handle it. There's no problem if I just try, right?"

Let's quickly restore the generator and have a constructive conversation. I'll restore it with a hard-boiled touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test