16 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 127.2

Test

Chapter 127.2. Trade


"I've got a good idea. How about joining my company? That way, I can help arrange jobs for the refugees, and you'll also make some money, right?"

"Are you planning to recruit military personnel?"

"Yeah, basically, I just want to save this refugee camp. You know, with passionate and justice-driven military folks? It would be troublesome if they quit the company just because they've been saved, though."

Well, resigning is their freedom. It's probably better than languishing in a place like this.

"Are you planning to exploit us?"

"Of course, I'm eager to exploit you, but I also want a base in the western plains. There's nothing there, you know."

I want a relay point connecting here and Amatsugahara Corporation, and a large-scale farmland. Let's grow a lot of sweet potatoes.

"Isn't it impossible to defend and build a base in the western plains where monsters appear endlessly?"

The old man from the southern region looks displeased, apparently knowing the situation in the western plains.

"It's a long-term plan. First, provide the guns that are stockpiled and handle vehicle maintenance. That's about it."

"The sick ones can be taken care of by the military doctor."

As I'm listing the things I want, Soma casually mentions, surprising me.

"A military doctor? Is there one?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, there's an eccentric guy with a female nurse."

"That's... helpful. There are a few who got sick during the winter. It would be great if someone could look after them."

I see. A military doctor. There might be someone with a strong sense of justice or a belief in saving the world among military doctors. That was unexpected.

"Oh, that's good. We don't have many medicines left, though."

"We'll figure something out. Well, let's decide on that for now. If you decide to join, think it over and let me know."

I shake hands with Masamune, then grin. Let's focus on building a trusting relationship. If I can make these guys my allies, our power will increase.

Feeling a sense of satisfaction as if I had successfully completed a deal in a foreign country, the fluorescent lights on the ceiling clicked off.

"Huh? What's this?"

I tilt my head at the lights going out. Why did they turn it off? Masamune and the others also seem puzzled, probably unexpectedly.

"What's going on? What happened?"

Voices of people outside clamoring can be heard. Some people are shouting even though they haven't saved their work yet. It seems the situation is similar outside.

Masamune and the others run around trying to grasp the situation, and I leisurely sit on the sofa, waiting.

After a while, it seems they've grasped the situation, and Masamune and the others come over to me with stern faces. It seems they've figured out the reason.

"Sorry, can we hitch a ride in the jeep to the lab area where the generator is?"

"The lab area?"

"It's an area where stubborn researchers who won't follow the evacuation order and people swinging around the weapons from the underground empire for research purposes are. People who believe their power will save the world and those who want to gain power quickly by getting the leftovers of that power live in the underground city."

If 10,000 people live between Tsukuba and here, that's understandable. Humans really love to fight, including myself.

[When we arrive, we have to check which bullets sell for a higher price, okay? I struggled because I used the strongest bullets without reading the manual. I never thought of using bullets as currency.]

[I don't think bullets can be used as currency.]

Ignoring Shizuku-san, who pouts with puffed cheeks and utters nonsense, I nod back to Masamune.

"Sure thing. Is a special fare for the taxi okay?"

"Give me a discount."

Deciding to drive the jeep, Masamune and the others prepare weapons and get in.

We depart immediately, and while passing through the base, I notice several jeeps and military trucks left behind. Well, it seems they've run out of gas.

As expected of a fortress, the roads are solid and ordinary. Following the instructions, we head to the lab area, and along the way, I notice a water purification plant. Why is there a water purification plant here?

At the water purification plant, I notice a sapphire, about five meters long, floating in the center. Around it, a three-dimensional magic circle formed by black geometric patterns is deployed, rotating smoothly.

From the sapphire, clear water flows like a waterfall.

"Is that the item that supplies infinite water?"

"That's right. It got installed when the walls were built. Thanks to that, we don't have water shortages around here."

I see. Then it's understandable why the story hasn't spread. At that time, general communication devices were mostly unusable.

"The surrounding magic circle looks ominous. Is it just my imagination?"

Does that water have any poison mixed in? Is it safe to drink?

"The composition has been investigated many times, and even mice were given it with no problems. It's safe."

"It doesn't look very safe... Well, if you say so."

I look away from Shizuku-san, who angrily pouts and utters absurdities, and nods back to Masamune.

[I've seen that before... a crystal that was supposed to save the world with infinite energy.]

[The past tense is bothering me... Is it safe to drink?]

[There's no problem with the water quality. There. You don't need to worry about it now. There's no record of people stopping using it, saying to stop.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test