08 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 124.2

Test

Chapter 124.2. Kinshichou


"Chance. Shadow Tigers, kill!"

With the death of the Orc Leader, the Orcs and Kobolds, whose control was released due to skills, pause for a moment. Seizing the opportunity, I give instructions, and the Shadow Tigers, who had their legs pinned down and were being overwhelmed, spring like a coil, knocking the enemies away. Opening their mouths wide, they begin to bite and trample the Kobolds and Orcs.

Wiping off some sweat, I breathe a sigh of relief. I then turn my gaze towards the direction from which the bullets came. It seems like they sniped from a distance of a hundred meters. Three men, middle-aged and elderly, carrying automatic rifles on their shoulders, come out of a dilapidated building quite far away.

The Shadow Tigers are eliminating the chaotic monsters who lost their leader's control, and it seems they can handle it without any issues.

[Those 3 must have at least Gunmanship Level 3. Since there are three of them, let's give them nicknames like Daichi, Hippopotamus, and Potato.]

[Be careful not to give harsh nicknames to people you meet for the first time.]

Ignoring Shizuku's naming while looking at the instantly defeated Orc leader, I wonder if he was taken down with a single blow. Those bullets imbued with fighting spirit are dangerous. This battle with the Orcs turned out to be quite a good learning experience. I need to stay humble; otherwise, I might easily die next time. It was a close call.

"Hey, are you okay~?"

"Yeah, thanks for helping. You saved my life."

The leading man raises one hand and greets me. The other men, clearly military types, gaze at me with caution, not bothering to hide it. Well, I am dressed in all black. So, that's how it goes.

[Ah~! This is like the classic event where a traveling merchant attacked by Orcs gets saved. I've never seen it before; it's so touching! We're the ones who got saved, though.]

[It may be your first time, but I do remember such a template in a novel I read a long time ago. Let's try to act accordingly. For now, let's take off the shadow cloak.]

Overflowing with emotion, Shizuku bounces in the air with an innocent smile. I smile wryly at her words, take off the shadow cloak, and welcome the approaching men with a friendly smile.

"Thank you. I was about to die there."

Expressing my gratitude cheerfully, I bow my head. However, despite the thanks, the atmosphere still doesn't seem to relax. I'm just a harmless traveling merchant, you know? I could even offer them a barrel of ale as thanks.

[Your face, Sakimori-san, gives me the chills. It might be because of the slightly sharp look and the cunningness I sense from your razor-like features. He's a really nice person, though.]

[When someone says 'he's a really nice person' at the end, usually, removing that part makes the statement true.]

"He's stingy, but he's a really nice person," or "He's talkative, but he's a nice person." Putting "a really nice person" at the end makes the person saying it believes they're offering reassurance. But those around you usually ignore the part about being a nice person.

Ignoring my icy stare, Shizuku turns away and whistles. Well, whatever. I also think that's an appropriate evaluation.

"Did you come from the Chiba base? Have reinforcements finally arrived?"

While scrutinizing me, the men also turn their gaze to the jeep. They sound quite arrogant, though. Hm? Who are these guys? They seem military, but...

Casually glancing at their attire, it's combat gear. I'm sure it's Type 22 combat gear with military boots. I did my homework. It's embroidered with Type 22 on the clothing, so there's no mistake. It's not from my Self-Defense Force days, that's for sure. The style is outdated, and a bit dirty, but it's proper attire. They also have well-maintained automatic rifles. Are these guys military personnel?

"No, I came from the west. I run a company called Amatsugahara Corporation in the Adachi area. I'm Amano Sakimori, here to explore new markets. Nice to meet you."

Upon introducing myself, the three men exchange glances, surprised and bitter. Is it rare for someone to come from the west?

"I see... Welcome, Amano. I'm Date. Call me Dictator Date Masamune."

Smirking with a bandit-like sinister smile, Date extends his hand for a handshake, looking at me with an intimidating gaze. I shake hands with him, looking at the man with numerous scars, square-faced and rough. He's about in his 40s? He seems to lack a sense of humor.

"I'm Soma."

Soma is a bald, middle-built, energetic old man.

"Nambo."

Nambo is a lean and wrinkled old man with prominent wrinkles. Despite being cautious, they approach for a handshake, and I reciprocate with a friendly nod.

"But really, are you not from Chiba?"

"No, I came from the west. Dictator Dragon, are you a military man? You seem nice, though."

Smirking and crossing his arms, the three men exchange surprised glances and burst into laughter the next moment.

"It takes some courage to call me nice after seeing Date. Right, we are military men. Former military men, to be precise. Until three years ago, we were receiving salaries from the country."

When Soma, looking tired, sighs and kicks the ground, Date, and Nambo burst into laughter again.

"From three years ago? Ah, you were investigating or guarding the Underground Empire here, but the support got cut off?"

Even without revealing everything, it's easy to make a simple guess. They were receiving support from Chiba.

[Detective Sakimories, it's quite simple, Watson-kun. The truth is always one! It's simple for Sakimories' gray intellect!]

[They keep talking about Chiba, the military, and being in a place with an underground empire. It's easy to guess. Stop it; it's embarrassing.]

With an air of pride, Shizuku dances in the air. It's too much praise. It's embarrassing and cringy. Also, it's a bit too mixed up.

"Here's a first meeting, and he gives me the chills. A little sharp in the eyes and a sharp-faced look that gives off a sly vibe, huh? He's a really nice person."

"Me too. Looks like I'm going to get ripped off."

"All merchants are like that, right?"

After a good laugh, the military men guide me to their base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test