07 December 2023

Shop 2

Test

Chapter 2. Bed In The Wilderness


..

...

......

............

Finally, the flashback comes to an end.

Let's confirm the current situation once again. Fortunately, the land I was sent to seems to be a breathable, Earth-like world. No, it could still be a dream or some kind of projection, and there's a possibility that I've been brought to an unknown land as a surprise.

Believing in that possibility, I carefully survey my surroundings.

The place I'm in is on top of a cliff where the horizon and skyline can be seen on the left and right.

Rather than on top of a cliff, it's more like the impression of a flat, desolate land suddenly interrupted, with the sea spreading below.

Furthermore, even though it's a wilderness, it's more like a savannah with a bit more green.

Amid a scene that could be straight out of a western with not a single cloud in the sky, the current situation is me sitting on a bed.

.....

Troublesome.

I don't understand anything.

I'll stop thinking about the location and check my belongings.

"First, let's check our belongings."

Talking to oneself is my habit now. It seems I've started muttering to myself since I began living alone.

I flip over the carry bag on the bed.

First, toothbrush and toothpaste. Shaver.

Huh? In a business hotel, they should have at least that much, right?

Disposable ones hurt my gums. If the shaver is disposable, it irritates my skin! 

It has to be a 4-blade or more!

Don't call it delicate!

Haah, haah. Next!

A set of clothes. Boxer shorts, a running shirt, and socks. 

Oh, right, I haven't taken a shower.

Two dress shirts. One I'm wearing and one for changing. 

They're still in plastic because I brought them straight from the cleaners.

A laptop. I wonder if I can secure power here.

A complete set of writing tools. Not just a pencil and a ballpoint pen, but also a pencil and a utility knife, remnants from my student days. There's a notebook and an eraser too.

Half-finished tea. A 500ml PET bottle. Even in a ridiculously long meeting, bringing tea is too much for a company that's described as devilish. I wonder how the company is doing now? Well, it doesn't matter; it's so black anyway.

Wristwatch. It's moderately cheap. But since it's made in Japan, the precision rate is very high.

Smartphone. Everyone has one nowadays. Oh, there's also a mobile battery with a charging function. There is no reception here. It would have been a surprise if the antenna had gone up here. 

Being transported to a place outside Japan would have been a surprise.

Weekly manga magazines. Everyone buys them, right?

It's a famous weekly magazine. It's full of manga where they battle, make friends, eat, throw things, and sometimes things fall off. I can't continue reading it.

A set of medicines. Over-the-counter stomach medicine, diarrhea medicine, and cold medicine. 

Since I had a hard time with an upset stomach on a train once, I've kept them on hand. Especially during business trips.

Cigarettes. I finished smoking them all earlier. Before I knew it, it was a whole pack...! 

Cigarettes! I can't smoke!? Seriously! Unbelievable!

Damn it! I demand a redo!

I shouted into the blue sky, but no one answered. I might cry for real.

Dropping my shoulders, I resume the investigation.

A lighter. Well, even with just this. I won't throw away my dreams and hopes!

Glasses. These are the ones I'm wearing now. What will I do if these breaks? My eyesight is below 0.1.

And for emergencies, I have a week's worth of 1-day contact lenses. These are for when my glasses break. I don't use them all the time because of maintenance costs. Also, for some reason, my female colleagues at work seem strict when I wear contacts. It's probably just my imagination.

And eye drops for contact lenses. They tend to dry out occasionally.

My leather shoes and a suit. It's hot! Why am I wearing that so diligently? I tossed aside the cheap outfit and stuffed it into the carry bag.

Speaking of the carry bag, it's not actually that big. To be precise, it's a large backpack with wheels. It's a hard shell type, so it's sturdy. 

By the way, if I pull out the handle, it becomes a convenient gadget I can pull and walk with.

But it doesn't seem like a place where these wheels would be useful. It would have been better if it were the type I could carry on my back.

Then, business cards and a cardholder. I really don't need these.

There was also a handkerchief. I usually don't consciously carry one, but I properly washed and tucked one into my pocket this time.

Is this all I'm wearing?

Oh, I forgot my wallet. It's a synthetic leather wallet, and there's some change in my pocket, but based on that goddess story, it's highly likely it won't be usable, not even on Earth, let alone in Japan.

Let's thoroughly search the carry bag again.

City distribution pocket tissues. I found two. They were discovered in the corner of the carry bag. I must have unconsciously tossed them in.

Hard candies came out. I don't think candies have an expiration date, but I don't remember buying them. And two is an odd number.

Where did I get these? They got handed out on the way back from the yakiniku restaurant. They had strawberry and lemon flavors. Since they're individually wrapped, they should still be edible. They might melt in this heat. Let's tuck them deep into the bag.

And the complete set of hotel bedding. I can't carry this around. Live in a place on the edge of this wilderness, on top of a cliff? No way. First, let's find a populated area.

So, the plan for the future. Find a populated area.

Where should I look?

The cliff below extends endlessly along the coastline, and the wilderness becomes the horizon. Come to think of it. That might be the first time I've seen a real horizon. In this situation, the excitement gets halved. Damn.

No, no, more importantly, where should I go?

I might have hit a dead end all of a sudden.

Really, my life is like a crappy game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test