22 December 2023

Seeker 262.2

Test

Chapter 262.2. Port Town Baren


The figure of the shopkeeper looked familiar. 

A young girl. She was so petite and had such a childlike face that she could easily be mistaken for an elementary school student. 

Silver hair flowed in long waves, and her eyes were a shade of purple. 

Her skin was unnaturally pale for a port town.

Upon seeing her, Kazane-san, Yuzuki, and my voices harmonized.

"Fairy of the dungeon!?"

"A dungeon fairy...? What's that?"

Rebecca-san and the girl who seemed to be the shopkeeper tilted their heads in confusion. 

Later, the girl sitting behind the counter showed a gesture of contemplation before responding.

"That means, I wonder if people call another me that. But'fairy is quite an extravagant title. It's a bit ticklish."

Words with a calm atmosphere but a voice suitable for a young appearance. 

No mistake, she was the one we encountered on the 5th floor of our world's dungeon. 

At least, her voice and appearance were identical.

At that time, she turned into a black mist, disappearing as if defeating a monster.

There were mountains of things I wanted to ask her. 

For example, like this –

"Who are you?"

I directed that question to the girl. 

Above her, Rebecca-san compared the girl and us, a question mark floating over her head. 

On the other hand, the girl shook her head.

"Perhaps I can't answer most of what you want to know. It's because I don't have the authority to do so. Well..."

"Um... 'this me'?"

"Think of the 'me' you know and 'this me' as different entities. I'm meeting you for the first time, and I probably can't answer what you want to know. All I can do is offer you swimsuits."

"............"

She gave a perplexing answer.

But it didn't seem like she was telling a big lie. 

There was a nuance in that she was expressing the parts with different nuances more straightforwardly.

In other words, was she just a look-alike of the dungeon fairy we met?

Looking at Kazane-san and Yuzuki, they seemed clueless. 

It was a bewildering situation.

"Umm..."

I pondered. 

If I met her, there should have been a lot I wanted to ask. 

However, thinking about it again, besides "Who are you?" not many other questions came to mind. 

There were various strange things like the Limit Break event.

But putting aside the strangeness, it seemed like the minimum necessary information was already available at this stage.

Moreover, even if I asked, she said she couldn't answer.

Now, her statement in front of us seemed strange.

But it didn't feel productive to inquire further.

And then, she said this.

"All I can do is offer you 'swimsuits'."

Looking around the store, it seemed like this shop was some swimsuit shop. 

Swimsuits of various colors and designs were displayed everywhere.

"By the way, there are swimsuits with designs like these in this world."

"Yeah, I was surprised too. Aren't our world's swimsuits almost the same?"

Yuzuki and Kazane-san approached, whispering to each other so Rebecca-san couldn't hear.

The swimsuits displayed in the store looked exactly like swimsuits in our world, with modern designs. 

Well, there was a slightly exotic atmosphere.

There were many inexplicable things, but for now, the thing to consider was—

"Um, Rebecca-san. Did we really come to this store just to buy swimsuits? How do you plan to go to the underwater city?"

When I asked, Rebecca-san, who had been tilting her head in confusion, answered with a renewed spirit.

"Oh, yeah. About that Latte, can you explain?"

"Yeah, leave it to me. Because that's a power granted to me."

The girl, identical to the dungeon fairy, prefaced her explanation like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test