24 December 2023

Musou Slime 5

Test

5. Slime, Strengthened!


Yes, I did it! I leveled up! I just barely crossed the death line!

Suppressing the urge to shout, I opened my status screen with an exhilarating feeling.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 7

Skills

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can transform user's own body into a Level 2 slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 12.

――


When I searched for what had changed, I knew the answer.

"Oh! 'Transform user's own body into a slime' changed to 'Transform user's body into a Level 2 slime'!"

In the previous level-up, [Split] was strengthened, but this time it's [Mimicry] that got enhanced.

"But what is a Level 2 slime...?"

Could it be that even the slime form has levels? If the previous slimes were Level 1, maybe they've become stronger.

"All right, let's give it a try! Let's do it!"

I immediately transformed into the slime form [Mimicry]. I charged at a slime walking on the road.

"Kyuu!!"

Kicking the ground with all my might, I tackled! At the moment of impact with the wild slime, I felt odd.

Huh? It feels lighter than when I fought the goblin earlier. And the power of the tackle has significantly increased!

The reason is clear. The slime's level has increased. 

Subjectively, I feel like it's about five times stronger!

Amazing! Getting stronger with a level-up is incredible!

In the face of visible progress, I bounced around in the slime form. To an onlooker, it would seem like a green rubber ball bouncing.

Now, defeating monsters will be more efficient! 

Plus, I might be able to take on stronger monsters than goblins.

Even though I defeat small fry monsters like slimes and goblins, there will eventually be a limit to leveling up.

The hope that I could fight stronger monsters, even in the slime form became significant for me.

Since I've become stronger, let's split into 12 again and level up!

Split!!

"Eh?"

Once again, split!

………….

Huh!? I can't split anymore!?

Wait, wait. If I think about it, it's obvious that I can't split.

As long as the main me doesn't take damage, there's no problem even if the clones get crushed. It has become that kind of ability.

However, it's not without drawbacks.

Once the clones get crushed, to use [Split] again, I need roughly overnight to rest.

In the battle with the goblin earlier, all 11 clones got crushed. 

So today, I can't split anymore.

"I see... Well, today's training ends here."

Returning to my human form, I muttered with a sigh. The joy from earlier seemed like a lie.

Since I became stronger, I wanted to see how many monsters I could fight now.

No, let's look at it positively. When the quest began, I could only defeat slimes one by one, and now I can fight 12 at once.

On top of that, the experience points are 12 times. With a simple calculation, leveling up has become 144 times more efficient.

I went from level 4 to 7 in a day, and my skills have improved significantly. Well, it's probably more than enough.

Before I go to my inn to rest, let's gather the cores of the slimes I defeated today. 

And then, since I defeated the goblin, I should be able to skin it.

Honestly, the rewards for completing quests are not very high. 

However, I can sell the items dropped by monsters to the guild.

I defeated a lot of slimes today, so the rewards seem promising. Alright, let's report to the guild and get some rest quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test