21 December 2023

Musou Slime 1

Test

1. Slime Bastard, Banished


"Arx. Get out of the party. You useless small fry." 

Dan, the party leader, looked at me with his usual disdainful eyes, a faint smile on his face.

"Just curious, but any reason for this?"

"Huh? Can't you figure it out with your own head? It's because you're useless, obviously."

Well, he's probably right. 

I have an idea of why he said that.

I've been a member of Dan's adventurer party, Brutal Edge, for about a year now. 

But the treatment I receive from Dan and the other members is consistently bad.

The reason is that I handle the party's odd jobs and don't participate in battles. 

Adventurer parties value strength, and probably got tired of sharing rewards with someone like me who doesn't fight.

"But I've been doing my job properly, haven't I? And besides, that was the agreement from the beginning."

"Don't mess with me! The only thing you can do is keep watch!"

My skill is <Slime>. 

The reason I, a weak person, was accepted into the party is because of this skill. 

As the name suggests, it allows me to transform my body into that of a slime. 

When the skill is activated, I can become a slime about the size of a kitten.

Slimes are the weakest monsters, so they're not useful in combat. However, they can split, up to a maximum of 8. 

If I try to exceed that number, my thoughts become vague, and my head becomes dizzy. 

In the worst case, I might not be able to return to my original form.

I mainly used this ability to perform surveillance.

However, surveillance missions only happen during the nights of quests. My job is to split and keep watch around the tent while Dan rests. 

Why? Because Dan is entertaining the party's women. 

It's easy to imagine what he's doing with them inside the tent every night.

Anyway, I was hired into this party for that purpose only.

"So, what are you going to do? You're not going to say you don't want to leave, right?"

"I won't refuse. But what about the surveillance job that I was doing?"

"Did you think I hadn't thought about that? Hey, come in."

As Dan signaled, the guild door opened, and a girl walked in. 

Silver twintails shining like knives under the light.

Eyes as transparent as tea in a delicate shade of red. 

The petite girl stood next to Dan with an expressionless face like a machine.

"This is Raize. She's a new mage joining my party." 

Dan is putting his arm around Raize's waist.

I see, so they're kicking me out of the party and adding a girl to the night surveillance. 

Typical thinking from Dan, who loves women.

"...Don't touch me."

"Come on, just a little. It might affect the reward amount, so you better be considerate, okay?"

Ignoring Raize's discomfort, Dan rubbed Raize's waist.

 Feeling pleased, he grinned and looked at me.

"Raize can handle both combat and surveillance and on top of that, she's a girl. In other words, she's your complete superior. Do you understand that you're no longer needed?"

It's frustrating, but Dan is right. 

I have no place here, unable to engage in combat.

"...Fine. I'll quit."

I've been continuing with this party, receiving decent pay, but it seems that's all over now. 

I stood up from my chair, ready to leave.

"Wait, you!!"

At that moment, a large palm enveloped my head. Dan stood up and reached out for me. 

The next moment, my face was magnetically drawn to the table.

BAAANG!

A loud noise echoed through the guild. Despite the intense pain, I desperately tried to lift my head.

"What are you doing!"

"Until now, I refrained from using my hands on small fries like you because it's troublesome if you get injured. But there's no need for that anymore!"

I tried to escape from Dan's grip, but his strength was overwhelming. 

In the process, my face was repeatedly slammed into the table.

"Hahaha!! Good job, Dan! Do it more!"

Laughter from the audience. 

To the drunkards, this must be just another form of entertainment.

"I can't stand looking at weaklings like you!! You slime bastard!!"

I didn't choose to be born with a skill like <Slime>. 

It's unfair. Why do I have to go through this?

Is it my fault for being weak? 

Was it wrong for a feeble person like me to become an adventurer?

The answer is yes. 

At least now, I am being tormented by someone strong, by Dan. 

There's no reason for it. Weakness is considered evil.

"Damn it!"

I mustered the last of my strength and pulled Dan's arm away. I ran towards the exit of the guild.

"Slime bastard! From now on, all you can do is run like that for the rest of your life!! In this world, there's no place for the weak!!"

I heard Dan's voice. 

With my hand stemming the blood flowing like a waterfall from my nose, I stepped out of the guild.

I am weak. Incompetent. 

I face unjust treatment just because I was born with this useless skill.

No matter what a weak person says, it's futile.

Then, I will—become stronger than anyone else.

I will make Dan kneel with my strength. 

When I become the strong one, I will seek revenge on Dan, the weak one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test