11 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 110.1

 Test

Chapter 110.1. Excursion


Sakimori sighed as he faced the expanse of a snowy forest in front of him. White breath scattered in the air, conveying the cold. It was cold even in fluffy clothes. The trees were bare, covered in snow, and the winter forest in front of the dangerous dungeon was now lively.

Ooki-kun and others chatted while inspecting rifles and bows near the armored vehicle. Everyone was dressed as if they were going skiing.

Nevertheless, that was fine. Given the strength of enemies like Knights, mediocre armor would only be a burden.

[First, let's defeat the Shaman, shall we?]

[If we freeze the enemies, it will be easier, right? Let's summon that fairy and have them cast weakening magic. Hee-ho.]

Shizuku-san eagerly proposed, but I couldn't agree. The monsters we defeated recently introduced new items into the exchange store as soon as we defeated them.

At that time, I tilted my head at the displayed content. It was in the item inventory.

[Fairy Machine 325 Frokis: Frokis Core 1]

Is this a fairy? It was labeled as a machine. It even had numbering. And this core, is this the only thing it can use? It's too peculiar.

[Maybe the display is wrong; it's probably a bug. Anyway, summoning that fairy sounds fun. The character design is already perfect. Hee-ho. It was unexpected to end up in the item inventory. The invasion is progressing well. Fufufu.]

While swirling through the air, Shizuku-san laughed.

But I gave her a suspicious look. Shizuku-san, are you lying as easily as breathing? Invasion, huh? It was supposed to go into the extra life skill.

[Let's put it on hold for now. We might need materials for it later.]

Also, I sense a mischievous aura from Shizuku. A girl who seems to enjoy pranks that can't be undone. Probably, my intuition is right. 

Anyway, I haven't exchanged the Frokis yet. I'll think about it when things settle down a bit more.

But there's something else to think about.

It was right in front of me. Or rather, standing. In the form of a golden-haired girl with long ears like bamboo leaves.

"Hey, Serika-san, right? Why is the daughter of the Minamoto family here? Today is our excursion, you know?"

She tried to cling to my arm, but, perhaps wary of my reaction, she raised both hands in front of her face and half-closed her eyes as she asked the albino beauty.

[Serika-chan probably wants to have a match. Let's team up once and make her give up on the match. She might level up to a perfect human.]

[Seems like someone with no potential for growth, huh.]

Once again, Shizuku said something incomprehensible. Smiling wryly in my mind, I approached Serika and grinned.

"An invitation to an innovative dance? I'm willing to dance. Come on, let's hold hands. That way..."

As I tried to hold her hand, Serika blushed, stepped back, and turned away.

"T-That's for next time, okay? More importantly, I think it's faster to ask Fuuka why she's here."

"Hmm?"

Glancing at Fuuka, it seemed she had been waiting for us to notice her. She approached with a sigh of relief, the warmth around her indicating flame equipment suitable for the snowy field. 

Despite appearing as a white combat suit, it emitted a faint magical aura. Holding a powerful staff in her hand, she seemed tense, her expression rigid.

"Amano-san, hello. Thank you for letting me participate in the dungeon conquest today, even though it might be a bit much."

"No need to worry. The more people, the easier the conquest, right?"

I waved my hand lightly in response to Fuuka's modesty. I didn't ask for it to be too much. Glancing at Serika, who seemed to be observing, she stuck her tongue out and winked. Serika, how much did you charge as a mediator?

Behind Fuuka were about 20 soldiers she brought along. We only had about 10 people.

"Sorry, but we're on a training mission too. Keep the guards to around 10."

I spoke bluntly while looking at the guards, but they glared at us. It wasn't just my imagination. Despite us planning to go on an excursion, they all wore matching combat outfits. Did they look down on the residents of the abandoned town? No, it was more like they held contempt in their eyes.

"Understood. We have no issues. We're the ones asking for a favor."

"We'll charge a fee for participating in the training. Well, the cost of bullets and other consumables will be on your side. The items obtained will be ours. I think it's a reasonable cost for participating in the training, don't you?"

Smirking, I proposed. It was a surprisingly low participation fee, but well, it seemed interesting, so why not?

"You! How dare you be so insolent to Fuuka-sama! Can't you see our equipment? This dungeon is easily conquerable for us!"

One of Fuuka's close aides, a rugged man standing next to her, raised his voice in anger, but I stared at him with a cold gaze, fluttering my hand dismissively.

"We don't need that kind of performance. Are you trying to use a carrot-and-stick approach? You don't need to play the peacemaker. This isn't a school play, and I don't want to see the performance of a bad actor."

I showed a cool and hardened laugh, crossing my arms. This isn't a movie; in reality, no fool raises their voice and interrupts here. Trying to excuse yourself as a loyal man and trying to intervene to show that you're a person who understands is just a foolish act. If you're a loyal man, you shouldn't do anything to disrupt the conversation. 

The 2 men had a red face with anger and silenced their voices. Fuuka also has the same red face. It seems like I hit a nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test