07 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 108.2

 Test

Chapter 108.2. Big Money


"From now on, I'll instruct Shadow Tigers to bite and kill anyone climbing the walls, Hanari."

"Awawawa, it was just a little joke, you know? Just a joke-nya?"

"We can verify that if you try climbing the wall next time."

Raising an eyebrow at Hanari, who frantically waved her hands, I answered. It's quite daring to try teasing me like that.

"In reality, the price of potions has skyrocketed-nya. Serika can't come, and she's got caught by the Minamoto family or something-nya. To fill her empty wallet, she's working hard to gather a lot of potions and attract strong men to join her forces. She's trying her best to help some random old man."

"Your words are lacking, Karin. While she's working to expand her influence, I'm also making an effort to protect her, right?"

"Serika, not being trusted... Poor thing. Even though she's hitting on you-nya."

Feigning sadness, Karin turned away with her eyes swimming. Well, as expected, it's typical of Serika. I trust her to betray me under certain conditions.

"But, it might be better to let go of some potions-nya. This time, we're a bit resented-nya. The envy of the rich can be frightening-nya."

Worryingly looking up at me, Karin suggests. Well, it was quite flashy. Maybe I should sell 2 or 3.

"Sakimori-shan, I will protect you!"

Climbing onto my knee as I contemplate, the little girl asserts herself as my designated spot and sits down, vigorously waving a broom she somehow brought from somewhere. It seems she reacted to the term 'intruders' or something. While being comforted, I convey my thoughts to Karin.

"One Level 1 potion and two Stat Boost potions. Of course, sell them for twice the regular price, okay?"

"Mug... That's price gouging-nya. Even with the surge, it should be about 30% more-nya."

"The remaining 70% should be filled from Serika's pocket, repaying the favor. A favor is quite valuable, isn't it? Sometimes it's priceless."

To the growling cat girl, I cast a cold glance. With money, I can use it like water, from snow removal to construction. I might even indulge in some luxury items.

This New Year's Eve, let's eat soba, and on New Year's Day, let's all pound mochi together.

"Sakimori, you're cunning like Serika-nya. Can't you be a bit kinder-nya?"

Wriggling her body, trying to be alluring, the cat girl makes an effort. I just laugh at her with my nose.

"You already know my answer, right? Or is there something else? Should I gently grab your cat ears?"

"Touching my cat ears is a no-go, mean old man-nya. What's the point of hoarding so many potions-nya?"

There's no way they'd still be in my possession. I distributed them already.

To my nonchalant response, Karin widened her eyes in shock.

"Huh? What did you do with that many potions?"

"Well, I thought we'd go on a winter hike."

"That's right, Hanari. We received them. We'll act as a team to earn monster cores."

Shingen chuckled in response to Hanari's questioning voice, looking amused.

"Our elite forces, under the leadership of the esteemed Boujin-sama, are ready to make a significant impact. We received this power for that purpose."

"Neo Honda Tadakatsu reporting in!"

Baba, who had consumed a Stat Boost potion, proudly puffed out his chest, and Ooki-kun announced something foolish again. While I'm considering joining them, Hana seems torn, and Jun appears close to tears upon hearing that.

"So, that's the plan. Shingen and the others are trained, and I want them to be capable of defeating at least Goblin Knights and Shamans. During winter, I'll act as a guardian, and it'll be a dungeon excursion tour."

I want to create a unit that can consistently earn D-rank cores in the spring. I plan to increase the number of such units. Eventually, I'd like a unit capable of dungeon conquests even without automatic rifles. If not, we at least need to be able to earn at least D-rank cores.

"Haa, it would be nice to make buying cores a business-nya. So, how about raising the price of cores a bit more-nya?"

"If we do that, sweet potatoes and such will also become more expensive. Our customers at Amatsugahara Corporation don't have overflowing wallets, you know?"

It's too early for inflation. Even earning 3,000 yen a day for day labor is enough for our esteemed customers. We can't afford price increases.

"I see. So, we'll have winter tours for a while-nya?"

"Yeah, I plan to conquer dungeons that have been neglected. I want to create at least 30 people with stats over 400 by the end of winter."

With that, we should be able to defeat the Knights and Shamans. Shadow Snakes and Shadow Tigers will serve as guards, and our goal is to defeat the Goblin King.

I plan to focus on raising stats rather than skills. I've thought about it, and I believe it's better to have higher stats and training to outnumber the enemy. Martial skills use mana, and while diverse skills might sound good individually, having an average power that doesn't rely on anyone is better for group actions.

[It's like not wanting a warrior who runs away after the ace has been defeated, as often seen in novels.]

[Exactly. Even if someone is defeated, someone else can take over immediately and provide support. Isn't that the essence of modern warfare?]

[In that case, are we an existence that goes directly against the times?]

Smiling sweetly, covering her mouth with her hand, Shizuku seems amused. Well, high-rank dungeons require quality over quantity. It can't be helped.

"Excursion... during winter-nyaaa..."

Resting her chin on her hand, the cat girl grumbles with displeasure. I let out a sigh. I might have shared unnecessary information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test